2008 Presidential Race -- Best Bets

Current Favorites are:McCain (GOP) vs. Clinton (Dem) Despite current odds McCain will be a heavy favorite to win this particular match-up.McCain is a reasonable value based on today's facts to go all the way. (6 to 1)Best Value Bets: Giuliani to win Presidency (10 to 1) Edwards to win Presidency (30 to 1)Thoughts?Burgerman

Howard Stern says he might run. I know he has no shot but maybe giving someone from outside the system a shot might be just what America needs. Everyone else are just career poiliticians.
Actually, he has a decent shot. He's a dark horse candidate, but he's EVERYONE'S dark horse candidate. Hillary has little chance - too many people hate her. Gore, Kerry, Edwards are considered has-beens. Warner is a Moderate from the South, who was beloved in his home state of Virginia. If he gets the Democratic nomination, he has broad enough appeal to then sealthe deal.In fact, after checking I see vagas odds putting him at 10-1, higher than Gore, Kerry or Edwards! So much for getting value.Edit: Oh, were you taling about someone else..?
I'd say that Mark Warner is probably a good value bet. Probably has slim odds because too few people know about him yet, but he'll definitely be a contender if he runs.
Interesting; a major polling group just did a survey where they presented each democrat candidate's "resume" instead of their name; Warner came in 1st while Hillary came in 4th.I would take McCain 6-1 b/c I really think he's at least 3-1, so you're getting double at this point.Warner could win, but he's one of my fav. politicians (Virginia moderate democrat) so he needs someone pretty conservative to get the repub nomination in order to have a good shot. I think he'll stay out of it until the last minute until he has a good feel for who will probably come out for the repubs. He'll probably wait on it if McCain or Guliani is it. If for some ungodly reason we get Frist or Allen, Warner 2008 :club:

One thing is for sure.If the Dems send Hillary up as their candidate you may as well get ready for 4 more years of Republican rule, gauranteed. Hillary can not win. too many things going against her.My take?....Giuliani or McCain will be the next president. :club:

Mark Warner is at 15-1 to win the presidency. A reasonable value but simply unlikely to overcome Hillary Clinton in the Democratic Primaries. Remember, the ideological extremes tend to make up a larger percentage of their respective party's primary voters. They care less about winning and more about their issue concerns. Warner is an attractive candidate in the general election but probably not liberal enough for the priamries versus HRC.Burgerman

in 2016 for symmetry
Good point. Symmetry is nice
i think we should switch to communism
He already said that when he said McCain vs CLINTONStop being repetitive
One thing is for sure.If the Dems send Hillary up as their candidate you may as well get ready for 4 more years of Republican rule, gauranteed. Hillary can not win. too many things going against her.
this is 100% true
"Way of the Gun", I loved that beginning scene.
Guillani has no chance... tooo much baggage...same with Hillary..McCain's time has passed..Warner has a chance...I do believe a Dem will win.
QFT giulliani has no chance in hell.Hillary - not the right time for a female prez - not my opinion, but she just wont get enough support with all the sh1t going on in the world right now.McCain - exactly - his time has passed

Condi won't run. Maybe as a VP she'll consider it.McCain's time has not "passed." Everyone typing this seems to be relaying a personal opinion instead of paying attention to polls and the real situation. He's stayed very fresh and popular despite him climbing up the age ladder.

Condi won't run. Maybe as a VP she'll consider it.McCain's time has not "passed." Everyone typing this seems to be relaying a personal opinion instead of paying attention to polls and the real situation. He's stayed very fresh and popular despite him climbing up the age ladder.
I agree she won't run, but as VP she would be a force. She's a little too weird to be president though, even though she is smart etc, she just looks too goofy.The reality of the television age.How about Alan Keyes? I really liked him in the Dole era, but not so much in the race against Obama. Still the man is smart, and a strong conservative.

Warner at 15-1 is the best bet. seriously if the dems were smart that would be there guy. all they need is one red state to win the election. Warner would get a least one and would likely get his home state of virginia that never goes dem in pres elections.serioulsy i think he will win the primary for the dems. HRC will do something dumb during the primaries to ruin her chance.

Warner at 15-1 is the best bet. seriously if the dems were smart that would be there guy. all they need is one red state to win the election. Warner would get a least one and would likely get his home state of virginia that never goes dem in pres elections.serioulsy i think he will win the primary for the dems. HRC will do something dumb during the primaries to ruin her chance.
Hyaaaaaaaaa!Warner would win VA from anyone except possibly McCain. I think he'd take Fla/LA/MS/Ark down too. If he can get to the general election, he pwns.