Us Politics For Betting (Not Talking About Politics)

• Please log in to reply
3354 replies to this topic

#3341 gruven

gruven

The Poker Show on Sportsnet Radio Fan590

• Members
  • 10,620 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

Havenít read all of the discussion, sorry no time. But hereís one very important point. There are LOTS of restrictive gun laws and regulations on the books in the US. What the NRA and their bought and paid for politicians have taken to doing is getting loopholes passed that basically nullify most of those regulations.
Hereís a GREAT video example. https://nowthisnews....heck-in-america

Before you question whether this is true or not, let me tell you a fact: last year for what amounts to a job purpose I looked into purchasing a gun in the US, PA to be specific. I am a non citizen with no background check. I did not buy one, but it was on the table and I could have walked out with it. That, to me, is insane.

Best quote coming out of parkland? ĎThey should change the name of the AR-15 to ĎMarco Rubioí because itís so easy to buy.
The Rick Tocchet Experience
Proud Member Since October 2008

Owner and GM AHL Steelheads
2015-16 AHL President's Trophy Winner
2015-16 AHL Champions

#3342 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,355 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

Thoughts, prayers and now rental companies are ending their discounts for NRA members... hallelujah!
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#3343 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,310 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:11 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 22 February 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

Under 30, everyone is a liberal.
Over 30, everyone is a conservative.

People change.

Yeah, I think this is mostly a generational thing. As in, it was true for a specific generation or two, but going forward I think how and where you grew up is going to be a lot more predictive than age.

Iím also over 30 and pretty liberal.

I also bristle at anyone calling themselves a conservative these days, just because even for the many people who have reasonably voted conservative in the past, itís hard to find any delineation between being conservative and aligning with the American Republican Party these days, and thatís a party that was steeply anti-democratic even before Trump and Iíve run out of adjectives to describe them once the Trump era
Long signatures are really annoying.

#3344 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on 24 February 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

Yeah, I think this is mostly a generational thing. As in, it was true for a specific generation or two, but going forward I think how and where you grew up is going to be a lot more predictive than age.

Iím also over 30 and pretty liberal.

I also bristle at anyone calling themselves a conservative these days, just because even for the many people who have reasonably voted conservative in the past, itís hard to find any delineation between being conservative and aligning with the American Republican Party these days, and thatís a party that was steeply anti-democratic even before Trump and Iíve run out of adjectives to describe them once the Trump era

I missed that comment by Arp and I would disagree. Almost all my friends and myself to a certain extent all were Republicans in our first forays into being able to vote but all turned into Democrats as we got older. Overall I think the statement is wrong no matter how you arrange it. It's probably more where you live and how your parents voted.

#3345 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,232 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:36 PM

View PostiBeaver, on 24 February 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

I missed that comment by Arp and I would disagree. Almost all my friends and myself to a certain extent all were Republicans in our first forays into being able to vote but all turned into Democrats as we got older. Overall I think the statement is wrong no matter how you arrange it. It's probably more where you live and how your parents voted.

today's Republican party is a reactionary revolutionary party that has nothing in common with the party of Eisenhower. It's the Democrats who are the party of traditional main stream American values today.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#3346 gruven

gruven

The Poker Show on Sportsnet Radio Fan590

• Members
  • 10,620 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

It feels like, for the first time in a long time, the winds of change are blowing. March For Our Lives is pretty inspiring.
The Rick Tocchet Experience
Proud Member Since October 2008

Owner and GM AHL Steelheads
2015-16 AHL President's Trophy Winner
2015-16 AHL Champions

#3347 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,232 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 04:17 PM

View Postgruven, on 24 March 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

It feels like, for the first time in a long time, the winds of change are blowing. March For Our Lives is pretty inspiring.

Posted Image
Bob

#3348 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,310 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 24 February 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

today's Republican party is a reactionary revolutionary party that has nothing in common with the party of Eisenhower. It's the Democrats who are the party of traditional main stream American values today.

Feel like this is fair. I agree with Arp that people generally get more conservative as they get older. But thereís such a huge gap between the reasonable conservative positions of 20 years ago and what passes for a Republican (and to a much lesser extent, Canadaís PC party) today. The same extremes who wanted an extreme thing but didnít want to think to hard about all the reasons it would not work or make sense were idealist liberals before and alt-righters now
Long signatures are really annoying.

#3349 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:33 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on 24 March 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

I agree with Arp that people generally get more conservative as they get older.

There's whole meme that when you are young and idealistic you are liberal and when you are old and wise you are conservative.

But I think it's also b/c people are looking at their own best interest ... young people rely on government for education, etc when setting out and middle aged people are comfortable and need less assistance. Meanwhile the elderly are raking in tons of government help in the form of medical treatment but still think the government is out to rob them blind. [just as generic stereotypes]
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#TradeMelnykNotKarlsson #MelnykOut

#3350 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:25 AM

Anyone but Serge surprised at the revelations about Hannity?

#3351 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 49,248 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:34 AM

Fenxis, on 17 April 2018 - 05:25 AM, said:

Anyone but Serge surprised at the revelations about Hannity?

I have not made a political post for this reason. Why must you mention my name for no reason? I appreciate you stop from referring and using my name and just basically be a troll.
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#3352 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,232 posts

Posted Today, 05:39 PM

Daniel Dale

Verified account

@ddale8
Following Following @ddale8
More
WASHINGTON -- The president's divorce lawyer says the president's personal lawyer, whose home was raided by the FBI, might rat out the president to the special counsel who has charged four members of the president's campaign, because he is afraid of being raped by black men.
Bob

#3353 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,983 posts

Posted Today, 05:44 PM

View Postserge, on 17 April 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

I appreciate you stop from referring and using my name and just basically be a troll.

If you think I was trolling then you have incredibly thin skin.

#3354 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,983 posts

Posted Today, 05:46 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 19 April 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

Daniel Dale

Verified account

@ddale8
Following Following @ddale8
More
WASHINGTON -- The president's divorce lawyer says the president's personal lawyer, whose home was raided by the FBI, might rat out the president to the special counsel who has charged four members of the president's campaign, because he is afraid of being raped by black men.

And Guillani.. just as he came under investigation from Mueller miraculous joins Trump legal team in an attempt to invoke privilege?

#3355 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,355 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted Today, 05:46 PM

Thanks a lot, Bob! I was waiting for the movie.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users