I've Got A Tee Time Bitches!

First time out this year in <30 minutes.Weeeeee for the summer!I'm bumping this everytime I golf this year, expect 5000 bumps imo.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't even get out to the goddamn driving range up here. The weather never seems to get above 40...oh and we got like a foot of snow not far from my place. But thank god for global warming. Hopefully I will actually get to use my clubs at some point before Vegas.

• 4 weeks later...

Played my first round in like 18 months a couple weeks ago. Got to break in the new clubs. Shot a 109 which is about average for me. Have another tee time in about 7hrs at the same course. My goal this season is to break 100 consistently.

Just got back from the course. Shot a 105...but the good news is I figured out what was wrong with my swing with the driver. So that is some good news. Problem was I couldn't get a mid iron to the green to save my life. Leaving almost all of them 10 to 15 yards short and the chipping was horrible. Had a good time and feeling good about playing Saturday and then heading to play in Las Vegas. Good times!

but the good news is I figured out what was wrong with my swing
Coming from someone who has played for 25 years with most of those being <5 handicap, get used to saying that :club: I can't remember a time where there hasn't been something wrong with my swing. As soon as you think you have it figured out.....I just wish the average round of golf around here was sub $80. I miss the junior days when it was $20/yr and $2 a round.
Coming from someone who has played for 25 years with most of those being <5 handicap, get used to saying that :club: I can't remember a time where there hasn't been something wrong with my swing. As soon as you think you have it figured out.....I just wish the average round of golf around here was sub $80. I miss the junior days when it was $20/yr and $2 a round.
Well saying I found out what was wrong with my swing was a bit of an over statement. I figured out what was wrong trying to hit my driver. It is no where near perfect. Thats what I love about golf, you can always get better. And I have lots of room for improvment. Green fees suck ass and considering I don't have a job right now spending money on golf isn't a high priority. I use a site called Last Minute Golfer and just look around for good deals. The course I have played twice this year cost me $15 for 18/w a cart. No complaints there and it is a decent course. Certainly enough challenge for a total hacker like me.

I can't believe some of you guys don't play golf because their is wind. That's one of the best bits about golf IMO is the continual situational analysis,hole by hole. I was on a 2 month hiatus from golf because of studies, but played a bit over the weekend (3 rounds) and played under 100 on 2 of the rounds. I've managed to blag my uncle in to getting me a round at St Andrews old course in July (he lives in Fife, so has a right to any free tees), so I'm focusing on my game for the course. Great weather right now for golf over here in Scotland. Some dew on the course for the early morning tees, a nice breeze to challenge on some of the smaller local courses. And a perfect 15 degrees (59 Fahrenheit) in the mornings for a round.Probably going to play a few private courses as a guest over the summer to keep me on my toes. Some nice courses locally that I never played when I first got in to golf.http://www.piperdam.com/http://www.ballumbiecastlegolfclub.com/http://www.standrews.org.uk/golf/the_courses/old_course.html - LDOAnd finally a lesser course which is easier than all of the above, but the course is my jinx (and my regular,which explains why I'm -EV at Golf Propping with my friends) - http://camperdowngolfclub.co.uk/Home_Page.html

TY for the bump. I actually forgot about this thread lol. I have played about 20 times this year so far. I love golf, especially when we play for $50 or $100 a hole with presses and re-presses.weeeeee

Hey Guys, any1 live near Simi Valley and wanna go golfing? Simi Valley is about 30 - 40 mins NW of LA. Would like to find some new golfing buddies and willing to play for money as well.

I've managed to blag my uncle in to getting me a round at St Andrews old course in July (he lives in Fife, so has a right to any free tees), so I'm focusing on my game for the course.
Obvious brag post....lol....gg though some day I would love to be good enough to enjoy playing St Andrews. One can dream.
[/b]Obvious brag post....lol....gg though some day I would love to be good enough to enjoy playing St Andrews. One can dream.
Thats the lesser brag IMO. That fact I can list 9 courses within 10 minutes drive from my house, 5 of which have been used as a Major Qualifier event course isthe real brag. Golf is quite possibly the only thing that makes living in Scotland bearable.Also, on the note of the quality of play at St Andrews, you'd be surprised how many rich millionaires come out just to say they played on the course. I was rail - birding my dad and uncle playing a round and was astonished at some of the play I saw.If you are ever in the UK, I'd highly advise playing one of the major UK courses during autumn. Great fun taking a perfect tee shot and watching the high winds push it in to the trees. I stay adamant it was the high winds, not the fact I tugged the club.

I really would love to play there no matter what....would just like to be good and enjoy it rather then spend 5 hours chopping out of the rough...either way I would take it.

I golfed all day yesterday and this morning.Shot 76 and 81.Playing well, just gotta learn how to putt.

I golfed all day yesterday and this morning.Shot 76 and 81.Playing well, just gotta learn how to putt.
i would own millions of dollars if i could putt well :club:
played for the first time in 2 years last week. Shot 82 (easy course tho). Playin again in like 7 hours so we'll see what I can do.
What was the slope/par?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee. Played yesterday and today, same course to see how I was able to adjust to my mistakes yesterday.Day 1, I shot an 83 (on a 72 course). I played fine from the tee and putting, but my chipping and short game was absolutely horrendous. It was a saviour that their were 4 par 5s which allowed me to make up.Day 2, I read the notes I took, and was at the range before I went out to help with my club choice. Wow is all I can say. Huge difference in my short game. Played a blinder 77. Made a fantastic 40 yard chip to within 2 feet or so (total luckboxed it), and calmly putted away.I made a couple of risky drives on holes I thought it would work on and a failed badly twice, but worked on the others.I went to the sister 9 hole course with my brother afterwards and had a blast. Just playing for a joke. Gotta love holes which are on a 55 degree slope, meaning you can't see the hole. Might play some 2 ball scramble midweek with a couple of mates for some cashbah to throw on Stars later in the week.Peace Out,J.

Played today with my dad for $1.00 a hole.OBV rollin in dough imo.I love golf.