Hard Evidence: Is Poker A Game Of Chance Or Skill?

As always, science is about 15 years slower than my intuition, and no more accurate.

Can you make a list of the top 10 unanswered scientific questions, along with your answers / intuitions, that the feeble minded morons in 2030 will finally get around to reproducing? I don't think Essay has jurisdiction over this thread, so it's probably safe to post here.

• Like 1

Can you make a list of the top 10 unanswered scientific questions, along with your answers / intuitions, that the feeble minded morons in 2030 will finally get around to reproducing? I don't think Essay has jurisdiction over this thread, so it's probably safe to post here.

Sorry, I have all this knowledge that could do so much good, but I really don't want to step on Essay's toes by sharing it.

• Like 3

Sorry, I have all this knowledge that could do so much good, but I really don't want to step on Essay's toes by sharing it.

finally, someone showing me the proper respect.

RodReynolds, I'll be waiting for your back in my top ten thread.

finally, someone showing me the proper respect.

RodReynolds, I'll be waiting for your back in my top ten thread.

For people like Luda and I, respect is what life is about.

• Like 1

i once told a college roommate of mine, that the Chemical Imbalance model of psychiatry was a bunch of bullshit. That if there was an actual chemical imbalance, they'd give him a blood test, see which chemicals he was deficient in, and then give him drugs to balance him out. Instead, they just gave him a drug, waited to see if it worked, then gave him another one, wait to see if that worked, and called it an imbalance.

Granted, my argument about a blood test for deficient neurotransmitters was really bad science, but my mind was just trying to put into words, what my gut told me.. that the chemical imbalance model was a bunch of malarkey. And now, Science has caught up...at least according to the world's most popular blog network..

http://io9.com/the-most-popular-antidepressants-are-based-on-a-theory-1686163236/+marchman

You're welcome, psychiatric community.

• Like 1

I'm at a point where I've stopped reading or consulting outside data or references when looking for knowledge. If I want to know something, I just think about it for a second, have my answer, and disregard anything else.

Most of my experience is in eupsychology, but I'm actually pioneering totally new fields, including eumathematics and eueconomics.

• Like 1

Looks like I'm not the only one who caught part of Drumline on cable last night.

Speaking of, I was with two people born in the 90s, neither of whom were familiar with the "Make 7up Yours" campaign. They need to stop wasting time teaching kids science, and use that time to teach them about the pop culture that older generations are nostalgic about.

Most of my experience is in eupsychology, but I'm actually pioneering totally new fields, including eumathematics and eueconomics.

You could trade in your guitars and pioneer new drumming techniques.

Eurythmics!