2152 replies to this topic

#41 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,875 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:19 PM

View PostJadaki, on Friday, March 23rd, 2007, 12:46 PM, said:

Why cause he can chuck up 35-40 shots a game and score 50+? Or maybe doing that snapped a seven game losing streak, which if he was really mvp material his team never would have went on in the first place.I can think of a few players who could score more on fewer shots...
You need to stop drinkin that haterade (It causes cancer you know).
Spoiler

#42 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:40 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Friday, March 23rd, 2007, 10:19 PM, said:

You need to stop drinkin that haterade (It causes cancer you know).
I don't hate kobe, but chucking up 35+ shots a game does not make you the mvp, it makes you a ball hog.

#43 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,875 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:53 PM

View PostJadaki, on Friday, March 23rd, 2007, 8:40 PM, said:

I don't hate kobe, but chucking up 35+ shots a game does not make you the mvp, it makes you a ball hog.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. I know Kobe isnt the MVP this year. I'm just too biased to care.
Spoiler

#44 princeof56k

princeof56k

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:44 PM

In Kobe's defense, he is shooting a high percentage in those games. He extended his streak to 4. In those game he has shot 59%, 48%, 54%, and 55%. He's also only missed 4 free throws in that stretch and hit a high percentage from the 3point line. When a guy is that hot, hell yea you let him throw up a ton of shots. Its called milking the hot hand, and right now no one is hotter.And no, someone else else couldnt do this with fewer shots (ok maybe 2 other guys in NBA history). If they could, they would be getting the shots. Coaches arent stupid. If a guys can shoot around 55% in front a defense totally tuned to stopping him, they arent going to tell him to stop shooting. The fact that only Kobe and Wilt have pulled this off should tell everyone that its more than just ball hogging. Its damn hard to do. Personally, I think this is awsome.Oh, and Kobe is NOT the MVP. Dirk should win that barring a complete collapse by the Mavs.

#45 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,691 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:53 PM

Kobe is the best player in the NBA. Period. What ever wierd standard you want to make for MVP, and not give it to Kobe is fine, but always remember. Kobe is the best player in the league.DO you haters realize what Kobe just did? Who exactly should be kobe dishing the ball too, who's going ot be making shots at a higher percentage than kobe?Also, most importantly, the lakers are 4-0 over that stretch.I want you guys to know, I've been thinking... blasphemous thoughts these last couple days. I'm not going to say what I've been thinking outloud yet. But I've been thinking it. I know you have too, Suited. And that says something, something huge, that I'd even think this blasphemy. I assure you, I'm not a laker fan. At all. I'm a bulls fan. Which makes my thoughts all the more blasphemous.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#46 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,875 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:02 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 2:53 PM, said:

Kobe is the best player in the NBA. Period. What ever wierd standard you want to make for MVP, and not give it to Kobe is fine, but always remember. Kobe is the best player in the league.DO you haters realize what Kobe just did? Who exactly should be kobe dishing the ball too, who's going ot be making shots at a higher percentage than kobe?Also, most importantly, the lakers are 4-0 over that stretch.I want you guys to know, I've been thinking... blasphemous thoughts these last couple days. I'm not going to say what I've been thinking outloud yet. But I've been thinking it. I know you have too, Suited. And that says something, something huge, that I'd even think this blasphemy. I assure you, I'm not a laker fan. At all. I'm a bulls fan. Which makes my thoughts all the more blasphemous.
Just when I think you cant get any dumber, you go and do something like this....................................AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!
Spoiler

#47 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,691 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:07 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 3:02 PM, said:

Just when I think you cant get any dumber, you go and do something like this....................................AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!
I thought you'd feel this way.. you should also check out that art link, it's insane lol.and, tell the truth. Have you been thinking blasphemous thoughts about Kobe?
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#48 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,875 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:14 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 3:07 PM, said:

and, tell the truth. Have you been thinking blasphemous thoughts about Kobe?
I'm not sure exactly what you're thoughts are, but I'm sure that I would agree. I think Kobe may be the best ever.
Spoiler

#49 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,691 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:22 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 3:14 PM, said:

I'm not sure exactly what you're thoughts are, but I'm sure that I would agree. I think Kobe may be the best ever.
Don't say that outloud.. God ( and we all know who I mean, when I say God) will strike you down!
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#50 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,875 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:23 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 3:22 PM, said:

Don't say that outloud.. God ( and we all know who I mean, when I say God) will strike you down!
The truth shall set you free, brother McGee. Say it with me now.
Spoiler

#51 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,691 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:27 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 3:23 PM, said:

The truth shall set you free, brother McGee. Say it with me now.
I can't yet. He needs a shaqless championship, before I can bring myself to say it.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#52 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:35 PM

He isn't now, or ever will be better than Jordan.He has enough white girls in Colorado on his nuts that he won't notice if you two stop licking them.

#53 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:38 PM

View Postprinceof56k, on Friday, March 23rd, 2007, 11:44 PM, said:

And no, someone else else couldnt do this with fewer shots (ok maybe 2 other guys in NBA history). If they could, they would be getting the shots. Coaches arent stupid.
Sure they could. I'd bet Tim Duncan, KG, and Amare could... the difference is they have to have someone feed them the ball. Kobe on the other hand is basically the PG so he decides who shoots every time down.

#54 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,875 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:26 AM

View PostJadaki, on Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 9:35 PM, said:

He has enough white girls in Colorado on his nuts that he won't notice if you two stop licking them.
What a low blow. Totally uncalled for, in my opinion, and I am going to have to ask you to leave the thread now. This is a place for Kobe lovers only.
Spoiler

#55 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,691 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:12 AM

View PostJadaki, on Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 9:38 PM, said:

Sure they could. I'd bet Tim Duncan, KG, and Amare could... the difference is they have to have someone feed them the ball. Kobe on the other hand is basically the PG so he decides who shoots every time down.
They are hall of fame talent, LOW POST players. No kidding they have high shooting percentages. how does that relate to a perimeter player? And besides, is there a player on the lakers besides Kobe who's in the NBA's Top 50, much less anywhere near Tim Duncan, KG and Amare's talent? If KG was a laker, I'm certain Kobe never would have had this streak, it would have been unnecessary.That's the thing about Kobe scoring this much. IT'S NECESSARY!!! THe lakers were on a losing skid, spiraling out of the playoffs, the Kobe turned on his psycho switch, and has willed them to 4 straight wins. Watch the next lakers game. What Kobe's doing is unreal.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#56 princeof56k

princeof56k

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:13 AM

View PostJadaki, on Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 9:38 PM, said:

I'm going to disagree with the guys you mentioned, but I'll agree with your final point later.When talking about shots, dont forget about 3-point and free throw shooting. Kobe is 17-33 from the 3-point line during this run. Thats over 50%. So basically he's a threat once he crosses half court. The guys you mentioned are a threat once they get inside the 3-point line. Thats a big difference.Second, Kobe is a great freee throw shooter. When you start jacking up that many shots and are that hot, other teams are going to start fouling like crazy. You have to be able to make the free throws when that happens. Kobe does.You are correct in that those post players depend on someone to feed them the ball, but I think that supports my point. Any team can shut down any big man if they want to bad enough. So the big man wont get that many shots because the defense wont let it happen. I've seen that with Yao before regardless of how bad the Rockets want to get him the ball. He'll be hot in the first half and then disappear in the 2nd. He didnt actually disappear though. He's just surrounded by the entire defense while they dare someone else to take a shot. When he does get the ball, he's surrounded quickly and forced to take a bad shot (which he of course doesnt hit at his usual percentage).So there's two things going on there. One, the big men depend on the other guys to make shots and spread the floor so that they can get their own shot. Two, the big men need to make those bad shots (shots out of their comfort zone or with a lot of contact). Kobe is unaffected by point one. That's not his fault. On point two, while I have no evidence to back it up, I would say that Kobe is the best at hitting those bad shots (much like Jordan).Considering all that, there's only 3 other guys in the NBA right now who could possibly pull off what Kobe is doing: Lebron, Wade, and Arenas. I still dont think any of these guys could do it on fewer shots though. They fall short in some shooting area where Kobe is stronger.

#57 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:08 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Sunday, March 25th, 2007, 8:26 AM, said:

What a low blow. Totally uncalled for, in my opinion, and I am going to have to ask you to leave the thread now. This is a place for Kobe lovers only.
Deep down inside, you giggled like a school girl when you read that, I know you did.

#58 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,875 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:13 AM

View PostJadaki, on Sunday, March 25th, 2007, 8:08 AM, said:

Deep down inside, you giggled like a school girl when you read that, I know you did.
Just as long as you know that Kobe didnt rape that girl. She was on his nuts like a rabid squirrel.
Spoiler

#59 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:15 AM

View Postprinceof56k, on Sunday, March 25th, 2007, 9:13 AM, said:

Considering all that, there's only 3 other guys in the NBA right now who could possibly pull off what Kobe is doing: Lebron, Wade, and Arenas. I still dont think any of these guys could do it on fewer shots though. They fall short in some shooting area where Kobe is stronger.
My point was given the same number (or realitivly close) of shot attempts in a game, that those players I mentioned could put up a 50+ streak like Kobe. Wade and Lebron are not as good 3 point shooters as Kobe, so I don't really see them doing it, Arenas could but he is so up and down I wouldn't count on it. I've seen KG and Amara have 40+ point games on 16-18 shot attempts. Give them 35 and your telling me they wouldn't put up 50?Wilt wasn't exactly a good FT shooters, he just got the shot attempts. Post players are a lot more likely to hit 3 point plays the old fashion way, so I don't see the 3 point line being that huge unless thats all he is going to do is try and jack up threes all night.

#60 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:17 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Sunday, March 25th, 2007, 10:13 AM, said:

Just as long as you know that Kobe didnt rape that girl. She was on his nuts like a rabid squirrel.
I wasn't there so I don't know, but the 15 semen samples in her undies make me think he is probably innocent ;)Besides, all women are crazy.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users