** The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread **

2152 replies to this topic

#21 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,878 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:08 AM

Lakers have lost 5 straight and sit at 30-24 going into the all-star break. They need to pick it up, and I am confident that they will.
Spoiler

#22 3A

3A

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:b-ball, soccer, gaming
  • Favorite Poker Game:Razz, 2-7 Triple Draw

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:57 PM

Scottie Pippen is thinking about coming back and wants to play for a contender with warm weather. He made it known that Miami and San Antonio have some consideration, but I would think playing for his old coach with a superstar playing along side him would be perfect. Not to mention if they did that they could make room by trading Odom for someone like Kidd, most likely not a straight up deal, but it would make sense for the long term future of the Nets and they could also unload Carter on another team for some youth, maybe a team like the Clippers and grab Maggette and a draft pick. that would leave them with Jefferson as a building piece or they could even unload him or have him packaged in a deal with the Lakers and try to get Bynum or Walton and draft picks.I'm not much of a Lakers fan, but from a fan of the game getting Pippen and trading Odom for another player makes perfect sense for them. Obviously Scottie knows how to play the triangle also.
"You know what makes me happy? Rolled up Aces over kings... F@#k it, lets go!"

#23 princeof56k

princeof56k

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:09 PM

View Post3A, on Friday, February 16th, 2007, 8:57 PM, said:

Scottie Pippen is thinking about coming back and wants to play for a contender with warm weather. He made it known that Miami and San Antonio have some consideration, but I would think playing for his old coach with a superstar playing along side him would be perfect. Not to mention if they did that they could make room by trading Odom for someone like Kidd, most likely not a straight up deal, but it would make sense for the long term future of the Nets and they could also unload Carter on another team for some youth, maybe a team like the Clippers and grab Maggette and a draft pick. that would leave them with Jefferson as a building piece or they could even unload him or have him packaged in a deal with the Lakers and try to get Bynum or Walton and draft picks.I'm not much of a Lakers fan, but from a fan of the game getting Pippen and trading Odom for another player makes perfect sense for them. Obviously Scottie knows how to play the triangle also.
If this is a joke and I missed it, then I apologize.First, I find it hard to believe Pippen is coming back. He's 41 years old and hasnt played in 2 years.Second, the idea of getting Pippen so that you can trade Odom is pure insanity. I dont even know how to discuss this further.I have a hard time seeing a team wanting Pippen in the first place much less giving him the significant minutes he surely wants.EDIT: I just looked it up. It's no joke. Pippen is thinking about a come back. I actually feel back for him thats he's going senile in his old age.

#24 3A

3A

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:b-ball, soccer, gaming
  • Favorite Poker Game:Razz, 2-7 Triple Draw

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

Lamar Odom's production is so much lower when Kobe Bryant is playing its sad to watch, hes no superstar, but he would greatly benifit from a team that was willing to let him use his talents more openly. I don't think Scottie Pippen would be a savior for this team, I think it would allow them more flexability. Most importantly a player whether its Pippen or someone else that would take Odoms spot on the floor would be a great benifit, someone like Vince Carter would obviously be a better choice. I just don't think the lakers could take on a salary as high as Carters, Kidd's contract is much more managable and the obvious bonus of Pippen knowing the triangle offense would be a nice lift.So to clarify I don't think Pippen will be a huge signing, but he would be an excellent 3rd or 4th option in the offense not to mention he would be one of their top defenders immediately (if he's in basketball shape) So really if they get Pippen and get a PG, PF or C in return for Odom I think it would be a step i the right direction for the Lakers to make a run. I mostly put this on the Lakers thread, because I don't think Pippen is a great fit for the Spurs, he would just be another aging vetren who came in during the end of games in their system. Also, he might make a descent fit in Miami, but that would basically force their hand to deal one of their top defenders in Posey, it could happen and Riley is a guy who might take that risk.These are just my opinions and I have little to go by aside from what was writting on www.espn.com as well as my knowledge of Pippen/Jackson's past relationship. Six championships worth.
"You know what makes me happy? Rolled up Aces over kings... F@#k it, lets go!"

#25 fleung22

fleung22

PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:23 AM

3rd or 4th option?I think the game is too fast for Scotty to even start on any team. Maybe he's been running his butt off in the gym but I'd be surprised if he could walk into a locker room full of young athletes in mid-season shape and outlast/outplay half of them. Pippen would be at best a 6th man. If he proves himself he might move up in order but no contender is going to mess with the starting line-up. He DEFINITELY won't crack the Spurs or Mavs starting five by the time playoffs roll around.

#26 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:17 PM

Scottie Pippen is a workout freak. I heard that he is at 5% bodyfat right now, so I don't think that's a problem. Obviously he will have lost a step or two, but he said he sees himself as a role player that gets 15-20 minutes a game. I'm sure he could help a contender and I think the Lakers would be a good fit. There are also rumors of Kidd going to the Lakers or Cavs. Kidd and Kobe would be a fantastic duo.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#27 fleung22

fleung22

PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:27 PM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Saturday, February 17th, 2007, 12:17 PM, said:

Scottie Pippen is a workout freak. I heard that he is at 5% bodyfat right now, so I don't think that's a problem. Obviously he will have lost a step or two, but he said he sees himself as a role player that gets 15-20 minutes a game. I'm sure he could help a contender and I think the Lakers would be a good fit. There are also rumors of Kidd going to the Lakers or Cavs. Kidd and Kobe would be a fantastic duo.
When did the Lakers become contenders?I think their goal was just to make the playoffs. A championship seems a bit out of reach with or without Pippen.

#28 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

these guys better win tonight!im in a gambling mood right now so i just threw 250$ on them @ +350(vs milwakee)...i also bet a 100 with lakers to the over.(+741) wish me luck! :club:

#29 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:19 PM

ISASB

#30 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,878 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:58 PM

View PostVatche, on Wednesday, March 7th, 2007, 4:07 PM, said:

these guys better win tonight!im in a gambling mood right now so i just threw 250$ on them @ +350(vs milwakee)...i also bet a 100 with lakers to the over.(+741) wish me luck! :club:
You didnt know that Kobe was suspended?And the Lakers are really sucking right now. :D
Spoiler

#31 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:22 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Wednesday, March 7th, 2007, 7:58 PM, said:

You didnt know that Kobe was suspended?And the Lakers are really sucking right now. :club:
ya, i knew kobe was suspended.(obv)there is no way they would be +9 /+350 with kobe...i just didnt know that there were other guys not playing as well...oh well.

#32 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,878 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:31 PM

We need a fuckin win tonight. Badly. Kobe needs to break off about 55 points, remind everyone who the best in the game really is.
Spoiler

#33 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,878 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:06 PM

goddammit.
Spoiler

#34 ncperrotta069

ncperrotta069

GOO LAKERS!

• Members
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:41 AM

maybe we'll beat the mavs 2night :club:

#35 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,878 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:08 PM

View Postncperrotta069, on Sunday, March 11th, 2007, 9:41 AM, said:

there always hope. right?
Spoiler

#36 princeof56k

princeof56k

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:24 PM

View Postncperrotta069, on Sunday, March 11th, 2007, 9:41 AM, said:

LOL is right. That was *** whippin.

#37 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,878 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:20 PM

Hopefully the ship is fully righted now that everyone is back healthy. Need to put together a nice run here for hte last twenty games.
Spoiler

#38 princeof56k

princeof56k

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:36 PM

I'm not a huge Laker fan, but I'm rooting for them. They need to get on a winning streak and take the 6th seed. Here's why: if they grab the 6th seed, then the Nuggets will get the 7th seed. That means that the Suns (with the best offense in the game) and the Nuggets (with 2 of the best scorers in the game) will face off in the 1st round. Combined with the fact that neither team plays defense, this series has to happen. I'm talking playoff scoring records are going down in that series. Teams combining for 300 points in game. Iverson and Carmelo each scoring 50 in the same game. You name it. Anything could happen.I'm only rooting for the Lakers so that I can see the Suns-Nuggets series, and I've been severely ticked off at their recent troubles. I dont give a damn about the injuries. If this series doesnt happen, I will hold the Lakers personally responsible for robbing basketball fans of potentially one of the greatest 1st round treats in playoff history.

#39 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,878 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:17 PM

Kobe Bryant = MVP.I dont care what the records are, Kobe deserves it.
Spoiler

#40 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:46 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Friday, March 23rd, 2007, 3:17 PM, said:

Kobe Bryant = MVP.I dont care what the records are, Kobe deserves it.
Why cause he can chuck up 35-40 shots a game and score 50+? Or maybe doing that snapped a seven game losing streak, which if he was really mvp material his team never would have went on in the first place.I can think of a few players who could score more on fewer shots...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users