2013 Nhl Signings/trades

Rangers sign Alain Vigneault to 5 yr/$10 million.

Flyers sign Mark Streit for 4 years. I hear it's $5.5 million cap hit.

Wild sign Marco Scandella.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So they sent him to Brodeur for mentoring on who not to sleep with?!

Waaaaa, you made fun of my team, now Im gonna cry.

New Jersey makes people homesick.

Hasn't Skinner had recent concussion issues?

He'll fit right in.

Rutherford recently said that they were starting to open up to trading guys who were previously off limits, which is what made me think of Skinner. Also, he apparently wants to bolster the defense. (all from most recent 30 Thoughts article).

I made it up.

Not bad for imagination.

You can tell its a possible trade, because it made me squirm, then it had me thinking they should do it, then it had me fearful of what #5 could be. I think you don't do that if your Carolina, but it wouldn't shock me at this point to see something like that, hopefully without giving up so much youth.

He'll fit right in.

Rutherford recently said that they were starting to open up to trading guys who were previously off limits, which is what made me think of Skinner. Also, he apparently wants to bolster the defense. (all from most recent 30 Thoughts article).

You know who it made me think of when I read that? Ward. But Skinner makes a lot of sense, so does McBain and Murphy.

You know who it made me think of when I read that? Ward. But Skinner makes a lot of sense, so does McBain and Murphy.

How would Carolina replace Ward?

The only issue I'd have if Skinner were to hypothetical come back to the Penguins, is that (in that same 30 Thoughts from this morning), Friedman said he thinks Skinner prefers to be in the middle, and that won't work in Pittsburgh either.

Plus Pittsburgh's defense would be really downgraded.

How would Carolina replace Ward?

Obviously not from within.

If you ask me, I would really look at trying to move him and find a suitable replacement in the market. I think his value only goes down from here on in, unless they think he will hold up better then I do in his 30's. I really hope he has a huge year or three in him, but I just dont see it for some reason. There probably isnt an easy move to be made, but with so many goalies supposedly in the market for trading, this might be something to consider, and see what the going price for a Luongo/Miller is, and what they could get for Ward. If you can get way more for Ward then you have to give up for Luongo due to salary, I do it.

At least find a good #2 to back up Ward for once.

Bryzgalov will be available. Word is he and Briere will be bought out.

Adam Wazny ‏@wazoowazny 22m

BREAKING: The Philadelphia Flyers plan to use a compliance buyout on defenceman Mark Streit.

BREAKING: The Philadelphia Flyers plan to use a compliance buyout on defenceman Mark Streit.

LOL I saw that.

I know this is a joke, but they can't compliance buy out a guy signed since the lockout ended.

LA is going to want a lot for him. Do they send someone like Schenn back? Couturier? Where's their 1st rounder?

11th

Bryzgalov will be available. Word is he and Briere will be bought out.

This wouldn't upset me that much at all, and I thought of editing my post as soon I put in Luongo/Miller.

I think his "issues" are greatly overblown, and I dont really understand why he is made fun of for "thinking". He says some things that aren't the usual "We need to give it 110%" garbage, and people make fun of him for it. These are the same fans who then get mad at players who say nothing substantive.

I would be ok with Ward being traded for a top 2/4 D (hope?) and then sign Bryz off the pile.

LA is going to want a lot for him. Do they send someone like Schenn back? Couturier? Where's their 1st rounder?

Those prices you quote are much much higher then prices paid in the past for good goalies who have never proven themselves.

LA would be lucky IMO to get anywhere near that.

Those prices you quote are much much higher then prices paid in the past for good goalies who have never proven themselves.

I mean, Schenn/Couturier haven't proven themselves either.

Bernier will be a hot commodity if he becomes available. He'll be costly, IMO.

Can't see LA getting more than the equivalent of a late 1st rounder (25+) for Bernier from anyone.