I Dont Care, This Deserves Its Own Thread!

Zach6668

Rookie

icon_minipost.gifPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:58 pm Post subject: Rule Change Proposal icon_quote.gif

Currently, lineups have to be posted 1 hour before the 1st game on weekdays, or Noon on weekends or weekdays where there are afternoon games.

I propose we change it to 1 hour before the first game EVERY DAY.

It only makes sense, imo. I don't see why we should not have access to the info that we could have gotten between Noon at 6 pm on a Saturday where there are no afternoon games.

I would push for immediate implementation, but if it has to be next season, that'd be fine too.

Thoughts?

2009!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT THE AHL FORUM!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Most people who commented agreed with Zach and a few didn't. I didn't comment since the change would only be for a few games during the season and didn't feel strongly one way or the other.

Daniel disagreed with Zach and made this post.

The reason the deadline is noon on weekends is because there are afternoon games on weekends more often then during the week and the hard deadline is just much simpler.

It is not unfair to anyone owner. If you are uncertain about one of your player's status, the decision is simple: use him at your own peril. Fair for everyone.

I don't see a "need" to change this rule.

Greaseballs, who I believe is a long time member, has the last post in the thread:

Anyone that votes no has no argument. If you like the rule than put in your line-ups by noon.

One hour before game time is logical and should be implemented immediately.

That rule change is a long time coming

SILENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My original reasoning was clearly tongue in cheek, fwiw.

The "not being able to check your rosters all day" excuse is lame and works both ways.

What if I'm busy the whole day before and until noon on Saturday, but only happen to be free from 2-3 before the 7 pm games. I'm at a disadvantage. Frankly, that whole idea is useless. We all have real lives, and we all have different times when we can put our rosters in, yet we're limiting it for no good reason.

I said before I was done with this discussion. I'm done. I'll do what you guys want and never try to improve this league in which I have invested considerable time and money.

I really dont f*cking care about this rule all that much at all, but I love the god damn mother f*cking irony of it all.

I'm just a f*cking lover of irony I guess.

Damn, Serge is right I am eloquent!

hahahahahahaha

I'm glad to see i held the same argument that I do today.

And Zach 5 years ago still was not understanding of others lives.

He actually says middle of his sleep. So it all comes down to his sleep.

A little AHL cultural history.

The AHL was Darrell's pool and when he invited me in i totally accepted that it was his, he did all the work and made all the rules and while we would have input in the end his decision was final. This was both a good and bad thing obviously.

Some of that same culture of the "Commish" having the final say still lives on today and most of the long time members of the pool have no issues with that within reason. If the general sentiment on an issue is close to being split then rather than a vote the commish makes the call. On something like Daniel's suggestion this Summer to go to a RW, C, LW set up for our forwards which everybody hated even if Daniel loved the idea he wouldn't have tried to ram it down our throats.

The AHL was Darrell's pool and when he invited me in i totally accepted that it was his, he did all the work and made all the rules and while we would have input in the end his decision was final. This was both a good and bad thing obviously.

Some of that same culture of the "Commish" having the final say still lives on today and most of the long time members of the pool have no issues with that within reason. If the general sentiment on an issue is close to being split then rather than a vote the commish makes the call. On something like Daniel's suggestion this Summer to go to a RW, C, LW set up for our forwards which everybody hated even if Daniel loved the idea he wouldn't have tried to ram it down our throats.

wrong thread pal. :)

This belongs in the other AHL thread, this thread is just for jokes and irony.

Oh wait, your saying the Darrell thing is irony. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Man that was a BAD idea.