Official Buffalo Sabres Thread

2 straight wins (Montreal and Ottawa), they should get TSN to cover more of their games this year. Let's meet the 2008 Stanley Cup Champion Buffalo Sabres.Just kidding, watched the game tonight and they played well. Good to see them getting back on track. I would be surpirsed if they don't qualify for the playoffs.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know why giving someone the benefit of the doubt would be so hard.   Like, at any point in life. Maybe I'm a push over, but I'm more than happy to give most people the benefit of the doubt in

Ted Nolan's dream job? Coaching the Sabres without a GM.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1m Mikhail Grigorenko has informed the #Sabres that he will be reporting to the Quebec Remparts.

it was a great game...now can you please do something about Maxim please...
He was sulking there at one point about not getting the puck on a rush.Maxim is a highlight reel guy but he needs to be fed the puck. Tim Connolly and Derek Roy (IMO) are the catalyst for this team offensively. If these 2 are going then the Vaneks and Afinogenov's will get their chances. I watched the whole game tonight and I can't think of a great chance that Afinogenov had tonight.In the interview with Lindy Ruff in the intermission he didn't sound too upset with him. Basically saying he wasn't worried and that once he got 1 he would get on a roll.

I find the similarities between Maxim and Blake to be huge...Both are fast , both are big goal scorers and for some reason the puck isnt going in...

I find the similarities between Maxim and Blake to be huge...Both are fast , both are big goal scorers and for some reason the puck isnt going in...
There are a little similar. They are both speedy where Maxim used his speed and moves to beat defenders one on one where as Blake uses his to get in the open ice. Blake to me is a much better player without the puck than Maxim (Filling the lanes, forechecking etc...). We'll keep Maxim though as it is just a matter of time before he gets hot.What is with Buffalo's Schedule? Their last 3 games were @Ott/@MTL/Home to OTT. Now they play a home a home series with MTL next. So in 5 games they only play 2 different teams. Can't remember seeing this before.They are 2-1 so far and I would be happy if they split the last 2 to go 3-2 against the top 2 teams in terms of points in the conference.

thats why the current schedule sucks...8 teams against one team is too many and it looks like the schedule will be more sensible next year...

Yeah, I was pretty suprised there wasn't already a Sabres thread, when I saw you created this. Adam almost never posts here anymore, it seems, lol.
Coincidentally, he got married around the same time he stopped posting.:club:
I am assuming that is ajs510's real name.Another big win last night. 3 in a row and back to 500. Bring on the Capitals.

Another win Mondya night for 5 in a row against a weak Capitals team.St Louis tonight for 6 in a row.It's good to see the team starting to realize they still have a good team even without Drury, Briere and Zubrus and that they can play with anyone in the league any night. Actually the Sabres never had Connolly all last year and he is playing very well when he is in the lineup. Hopefully he can keep his head up when he's areound Schaeffer.

I may not post as much as I used to, but I'm still here. Big game against St. Louis tonight, should be a good showdown between two of the hottest teams in the league.
I may not post as much as I used to, but I'm still here. Big game against St. Louis tonight, should be a good showdown between two of the hottest teams in the league.
It's not televised here. Superb.

looks like I missed an exciting game. They made such a big deal in the St. Louis media about Stempniak trying to break out of his slump in front of all his family (he's from west seneca) and obviously he is held off the score sheet entirely.

This happens with every game in Toronto....There is at least 2 or 3 players on every team that has his family there...Its annoying actually

Sekera with the first of many he will score over his career. Yeah that's right, he's a member of the Canadian Gothic. My defense will be sick in a few years...Andrej SekeraMatt NiskanenKyle CumiskeyLadislav SmidZbynek MichalekRaymond MaciasBrendan SmithOskars BartulisSteve EmingerBrendan MikkelsonVladimir Mihalek

Sekera with the first of many he will score over his career. Yeah that's right, he's a member of the Canadian Gothic. My defense will be sick in a few years...Andrej SekeraMatt NiskanenKyle CumiskeyLadislav SmidZbynek MichalekRaymond MaciasBrendan SmithOskars BartulisSteve EmingerBrendan MikkelsonVladimir Mihalek
Yeah on the highlights they talked about him being a great young prospect.Also after the play by Paille it was sick to see St Louis score 2 seconds later for the win. He knocked the puck out of the air in the crease behind Miller when it was a sure goal.
Yeah on the highlights they talked about him being a great young prospect.Also after the play by Paille it was sick to see St Louis score 2 seconds later for the win. He knocked the puck out of the air in the crease behind Miller when it was a sure goal.
Bump to the top for the hottest team in the league at the moment.Especially after the thumping of the Hurricanes on Saturday night.

Bump for tonights game vs the Kings.It sucks when you go to bed and the score is 1-0 and then wake to watch the highlights to find out the team lost 4-1. What a 2nd period. Sabres were outshot 16-3. Not going to win many games taking 20 minutes off.They better turn things around against a weak LA team. LA is last in the West and the Sabres are @ .500 but are tied for 2nd last in the East because they have only played 25 games thus far. Most of the other teams have played 27 or 28 games to date.

The games played is so annoying...I wish the schedule maker would make it so that the teams play the same amount of games , or fairly close to it at any given time..The standings dont mean anything as 8 teams are separated by so few points and they have all played different amount of games...

The games played is so annoying...I wish the schedule maker would make it so that the teams play the same amount of games , or fairly close to it at any given time..The standings dont mean anything as 8 teams are separated by so few points and they have all played different amount of games...
I laughed the other day in a thread when someone said their team was tied for 5th in the conference but are really in 5th alone as they win the tie breaker for best GF/GA ratio. I was laughing as it was only like 20 games in. If 2 teams have 28 points in 25 games they are tied. No need to worry about tie breakers at this point. Once we get down to the last 10 games you can start talking about tie breakers.
Perhaps they should post the standings according to win percentage like they do in baseball.
I laughed the other day in a thread when someone said their team was tied for 5th in the conference but are really in 5th alone as they win the tie breaker for best GF/GA ratio. I was laughing as it was only like 20 games in. If 2 teams have 28 points in 25 games they are tied. No need to worry about tie breakers at this point. Once we get down to the last 10 games you can start talking about tie breakers.
If that was me, it was because I was excited :club: It's not often the Bruins are ahead of Montreal in the standings!