Any Interest In A Money League?

$20 EntryIt would probably be standard 5x5. 12 teams, draft is on Sunday March 22nd 9:30 PM ESTInterest List:1. TB172. TB17's friend3. mbenz4. Snamuh5. Serge6. DinkDonk7. Checky8. KobeOdom89. AdamDarv10. Freddec11. Waffles 12. jdrury

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea def thinking about it, I'm doin this for a friend who wants to get into it but doesnt really know what he's saying. If he agrees we can run an auction

Interested in a money league, but not on ESPN or an auction league.Don't mean to knock your choices if that is what you do, but figured i'd post my interest in regular leagues in case the details of this change or there are other openings elsewhere.

i may be interested but not on espn or 5x5. I prefer head to head points.
Remember the league sleuthis ran on yahoo that Negreanu joined? That shit was fun. H2H points with like 21 stat categories. Where are all those people!
Remember the league sleuthis ran on yahoo that Negreanu joined? That shit was fun. H2H points with like 21 stat categories. Where are all those people!
yeah i remember, it was awesome....since i won it all :club:

no one really likes auctions? Is it because they take too much time? Or it's never been done?Either way I'm settling everything soon, will have details by the weekend.

no one really likes auctions? Is it because they take too much time? Or it's never been done?Either way I'm settling everything soon, will have details by the weekend.
It's just a case of fearing the unknown. Auctions are super rare in general, so nobody knows exactly how it works...what is a high bid/low bid, how much should certain people go for etc. It takes a whole different set of research. Sure there are cheat sheets like with everything else. But regular snakes drafts involve enough preparation already. Auctions just seem like way too much work without any extra reward.

ESPN offers Live Mock Auction Drafts. Constantly, I think the last one starts around 8pm EST typically. But there is no commitment to the mock auction, so its good practice and they have player values next to all the players.It's not too hard to develop a strategy, they also show last years stats and projected stats for this year, so in a lot of cases I feel like LESS draft preperation needs to be done. It also is fun to just keep out bidding someone you have a rivalry with. In a lot of ways I think an auction draft is the best battle of the minds.If this happened after the 10th of March I'd be in auction or otherwise. Until then I'll be in Vegas. Good luck.

Ok, I'm not sure when we'll have the draft, but I'll set this up sometime this weekend. It'll be standard 5x5 H2H $20 entry. I'll edit the first post with interest list.

I'd like to play assuming I can make the draft, if it's sooner rather than later and our baby isn't born 1-2 weeks early I can make it :)But I think you already have 10-12 easy so I guess i'll just stay out of it. But I can serve as an alternate or something.Looks like there could be plenty of interest to get another minimum 8 team league on Yahoo - who wants to set one up? I'd commish one myself but due to said baby issues above probably not a good idea.

TB - What date are you looking at for the draft ? Just let me know what you are thinking so I can block off the time. Also can I ship you the $20 on FT ? I can be reached by email at adam.darvin@gmail.com

I'm interested. Give me details when you get them.