unknown.This happens a lotI'm not just calling down blindlyMany ep K's raiseMany K's c/r the flopMost higher pp raiseMost sets/two pair don't lead outWas I calling down no mater what?I was folding an Ace turn, just because how often they are played. one big thig that is different for me now is I don't care as much how fishy/donky I look. And I'm trying harder to really put opponents on hands and figure the optimal play in situation not just standard line. Anyway... results don't matter. not looking for analysis, more discussion on how common this is. I know we all post/play hands and want to get past the "correct" plays and deal with the real.um... sorry Zach!!!PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Preflop: Actuary is MP2 with 9s.gif, 9c.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, Actuary raises, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls.Flop: (5.50 SB) 2c.gif, kc.gif, 3h.gif(2 players)UTG+1 bets, Actuary calls.Turn: (3.75 BB) 2s.gif(2 players)UTG+1 bets, Actuary calls.River: (5.75 BB) 8s.gif(2 players)UTG+1 bets, Actuary calls.Final Pot: 7.75 BBresults removed

Raise somewhere?Nah, for me, I just want to get to sd cheaply and not outplayed.Raising flop and folding to a 3-bet seems good in isolatate play; but I'm new to table and didn't care to give up that easily.

Raise somewhere?Nah, for me, I just want to get to sd cheaply and not outplayed.Raising flop and folding to a 3-bet seems good in isolatate play; but I'm new to table and didn't care to give up that easily.
His hand has five/six outs, or yours has two. This is a pretty common WA/WB scenario. These are Goldilocks hands. You want the pot size to be juuuust right. You don't want it to be "I raise" "3-bets!" big, because then you've just inflated the pot and either played yourself right out of it, or cost yourself a few extra bets when he rolls over something weird. You don't want it to be "I bet" "I raise" "I fold, nice hand Actuary" size, either. He'd've bet the turn and the river, given his weird flop bet an obvious suckiness, so let's give him two more barrels to fire at it.I run into these hands all the time, and even when you're blasting through hands and tables, not paying close enough attention to the little things, you can STILL notice when someone's doing something like this, even out of the corner of your eye. "That's right, I'm calling down; show me KQ no pair, buddy."Wang

This isnt WA/WB. He could have QT of clubs here alot. Id raise non-club turn for a free showdown. This charge the draws the best and puts in the same amount of bets vs pairs.

I would generally just raise the flop here. As I've said in the past, I tend to get all of my aggression out on the flop. I like the idea of a turn raise though, but what's your plan if the Jc falls? Or any club?

I'm not just calling down blindlyMany ep K's raiseMany K's c/r the flopMost higher pp raiseMost sets/two pair don't lead out
I like this logic. Only the last line is a little shaky. If I do flop two pair against a very agressive player who raised PF, I may lead out. Yes, I know a lot of the time a check-raise is good here. Or even check call to check raise the turn.As it played out, nh. Make a note on the player and deal up the next hand.
I would generally just raise the flop here. As I've said in the past, I tend to get all of my aggression out on the flop. I like the idea of a turn raise though, but what's your plan if the Jc falls? Or any club?
Call down. Hope he has 66, A4s etc.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeetell me why he has 2 clubs "a lot here?"Much less 2 clubs that are overs.,Please!I'm so glad you said that Moneyball, actually because it gets so tiring to try to post hands and have someone always say "charge the draws" - its HU!He could have two clubs, and he could 3=bet with them, ... so if he does, I throw away the hand?I'm not saying at all that simply calling down is tits in these situations; but given the normal way and range of hands, I"m getting 2:1 to call down. I think I win enough, or close, to see it. I like rasing too, sometimes, usually the flop, against players I have some read on and can trust a 3-bet.And, if we raise the turn for a free SD, don't you mean, "We raise the turn to pay the maximum to maybe see sd?" You are putting two clubs in villains hand way too often./tantrum.:club:

Call down. Hope he has 66, A4s etc. I think Jc would be a less scarier card than most other clubs cause most hands that would have a J in it anyways would have either gave them a flush, like the rest of the clubs or probably be in a hand like KJ.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeetell me why he has 2 clubs "a lot here?"Much less 2 clubs that are overs.,Please!I'm so glad you said that Moneyball, actually because it gets so tiring to try to post hands and have someone always say "charge the draws" - its HU!He could have two clubs, and he could 3=bet with them, ... so if he does, I throw away the hand?I'm not saying at all that simply calling down is tits in these situations; but given the normal way and range of hands, I"m getting 2:1 to call down. I think I win enough, or close, to see it. I like raising too, sometimes, usually the flop, against players I have some read on and can trust a 3-bet.And, if we raise the turn for a free SD, don't you mean, "We raise the turn to pay the maximum to maybe see sd?" You are putting two clubs in villains hand way too often./tantrum.:club:
When someone open limps in ep preflop I think a farely good range of hands they could have here is medium strength suited cards and mid-low pairs. Since we dont have a read on this guy I think this is a decent range. Once villain decides he isnt just gonna c/f the flop I think that tightens his range to clubs(most of the time with atleast one over), mid pairs that didnt hit a set and see a flop that only has one over card and Kings with medium to weak kickers. From the results we become aware that he could also have complete air, but normally I dont think its very likely.Saying that its often clubs was mostly a response to Wang saying it was WA/WB which I donk think the case is here at all. If the flop came rainbow and we had QQ here then sure, even with just a rainbow flop and 99 I may just call down aswell.I think raising the turn gives us more reliable information than raising the flop when deciding when we are 3-bet whether we are good or not. I would also not expect to get 3-bet on the turn very often since villains line is normally taken by a medium strength hand.

ah, thoughtful response.Do you call a river bet after rasing the turn?Non club? Club? Ace? Queen? Blank?I don't think it's worth charging a draw in position when they are often betting the river for us anyway given their line.

• 2 weeks later...

Actuary,If you know that Villain has 2 overs,How do you play it?Call down his bluffs?Raise for protection?--CM