Should I have shoved here?Full Tilt Poker Game #3986060423: Double Stack $5 + $0.50 (30226231), Table 29 - 150/300 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:22:39 ET - 2007/10/27Seat 1: kr263 (16,565)Seat 2: MAUIOLSON (3,845)Seat 3: Gregoryd74 (12,915)Seat 4: amdNutter (4,955)Seat 5: 20TN40 (3,717)Seat 6: electricstud (8,140)Seat 7: jake1999 (18,408)Seat 8: BostonBen7 (12,515)Seat 9: November1961 (17,820)kr263 antes 25MAUIOLSON antes 25Gregoryd74 antes 25amdNutter antes 2520TN40 antes 25electricstud antes 25jake1999 antes 25BostonBen7 antes 25November1961 antes 2520TN40 posts the small blind of 150electricstud posts the big blind of 300The button is in seat #4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to 20TN40 [As Ad]jake1999 foldsBostonBen7 calls 300November1961 foldskr263 foldsMAUIOLSON calls 300Gregoryd74 foldsamdNutter folds20TN40 calls 150electricstud checks*** FLOP *** [9h 9d 9s]20TN40 checkselectricstud has 15 seconds left to actelectricstud checksBostonBen7 bets 1,175MAUIOLSON folds20TN40 has 15 seconds left to act20TN40 foldselectricstud foldsUncalled bet of 1,175 returned to BostonBen7BostonBen7 mucksBostonBen7 wins the pot (1,425)*** SUMMARY ***

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm not calling here, this is exactly how he would play a 9.Preflop is good, you don't want to be putting money into the pot when there is chance you may get outflopped.

I like how you played this. Preflop you slowplayed the nuts, which is what you should always do. On the flop you were obviously beaten and thus justifiably folded the 2nd nuts. NH
Perfect poker.

Full Tilt (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: ToolWhoCan is SB with Aspade.gif, Adiamond.gif. ToolWhoCan posts a blind of 150. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, ToolWhoCan (poster) completes, BB checks.Flop: 9heart.gif, 9diamond.gif, 9spade.gif(4 players)ToolWhoCan checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP3 folds, ToolWhoCan folds, BB folds.Final Pot: That didn't work.

Ahhhhhh, okay. Not sure what else I could have said. It wasn't a joke thread, I actually wanted to know if I could/should assume he had a 9 or just another pair. Sorry to inconvenience ya'll.

Ahhhhhh, okay. Not sure what else I could have said. It wasn't a joke thread, I actually wanted to know if I could/should assume he had a 9 or just another pair. Sorry to inconvenience ya'll.
Sorry, honestly. I don't think anyone here meant to be offensive...this is just such a strange hand that it seems...unreal, I guess.This is literally, literally, never, ever, ever, never, never, ever, ever, ever, ever never a fold. Never. Never. Never. Never. Don't fold. Never. Fold bad. Never fold.
Perhaps you really are looking for input.Every move you made in the hand was wrong. The only way to play it worse would be to fold pre-flop.Every move you made in posting the hand was wrong. At least you're consistent.

Thank you, Naismith. I never ever ever ever ever win a hand with A's. They always get cracked by three of something. So I'm not sure if I should really shove PF with A's or just call. I've been bit an even amount both ways. Soooooooo, best play is always shove with AA PF?

Thank you, Naismith. I never ever ever ever ever win a hand with A's. They always get cracked by three of something. So I'm not sure if I should really shove PF with A's or just call. I've been bit an even amount both ways. Soooooooo, best play is always shove with AA PF?
No, it's not the best play, but it's like eleventy brazillion times better than this play.If you shove AA preflop every time you get them, you can't make a mistake.

Geesh people, quit treating me like Erik Ryland looking for a stake! Cappy has been suggesting to me that I post some HH's in here because you all are great at giving input. I just wondered if, from the size of his bet, he could possibly have a 9.........if I should have shoved with my A's..........and what to do in this situation in the future.Now...........get off my ass and help me! LOL

Well, shoving is great and you want a caller. If you decide to slowplay, you can't ask for a better flop than this.EDIT: I read once that the best flop for AA is 222 because you're likely going to stack all pocket pairs since no one can fold a full house. That's pretty much what you've got going on here. Were I a limper in this hand with A-high, I'd bet this flop relatively certain I was ahead with the way it played preflop.
So I'm not sure if I should really shove PF with A's or just call.
There are a lot of potential bet sizes in between a call and all-in.Pick one of those.Even if you pick at random it's likely to be better than the two choices you seem to think you have.
There are a lot of potential bet sizes in between a call and all-in.Pick one of those.Even if you pick at random it's likely to be better than the two choices you seem to think you have.
Okay, so you're angry over the PSU game..........I understand. Tell me how YOU would play the hand.