*****official Los Angeles Angels*****

1. Am I the only one?2. If so then there is no need for this.How many more shots do they have?While they are getting older, they continue to bring in young talent. I think there are only 3 left from the 2002 World Series team.Been a fan since 1970.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Am I the only one?2. If so then there is no need for this.How many more shots do they have?While they are getting older, they continue to bring in young talent. I think there are only 3 left from the 2002 World Series team.Been a fan since 1970.
oh man, Angels thread, A's thread...i thought about starting a Mariners thread but figured i'd be the only one posting on it. i guess at least i'll be able to talk al west baseball between these 2 threads
  • 1 month later...

It's only spring training but....Record: 21-4-1Last 5 games: 19 homeruns and 64 runs totalToo bad most of the games lately have been like 11-7.I guess the hitters are better than the pitchers at this point in the season.Don't know why the haven't signed Lackey yet.6 years 100 mill IMO.

I will always hate the Angels thanks to the 2002 World Series :club:
I will always love the Angels thanks to the 2002 World Series. That and watching them as a kid when the Dodgers were out of town. But, they are not the Los Angeles Angels, they are the California Angels...or Anaheim if you must, but not LA.
I will always love the Angels thanks to the 2002 World Series. That and watching them as a kid when the Dodgers were out of town. But, they are not the Los Angeles Angels, they are the California Angels...or Anaheim if you must, but not LA.
Yeah, I never got why it matters to people what city they call themselves. It probably would be ok to some if they had just kept the Los Angeles name the whole time.But plenty of teams play in different cities than what's on their uni. Do the NY Giants, and Jets still play at the Meadowlands in New Jersey? Do the Detroit Pistons still play in Auburn Hills? Hell the Lakers used to play in Inglewood. If it brings them any more money to spend on players, rather than getting that money from increasing concessions, then I'm all for it.If I had my choice I'd go with the Anaheim Angels. I grew up with the California Angels.
it really tilts me that angels are associated with los angeles. go dodgerssss
I love the fact that it tilts a dodger fan.lol
Lackey doesn't deserve anything close to what hes getting. Anything over like 3 years/40 million is too much imo.
He's probably going to get AJ Burnett money (5 years/82 million I think)6 years 100 mill is probably too high, but 5 for 80 mill is the probable range. I don't see how you can let your ace go away. You've got to be willing to pay fair market dollars for him. And they'll likely have to overpay a bit to keep him.As far as not deserving what he's already getting, he's ONLY getting 9 mill for this season. Pretty fair.

I worded it wrong. His contract now is fine I just don't think that he deserves anything close to what Burnett is getting. Neither does Burnett and Burnett wouldn't have got it either if the Yankees waited to see how the economy would affect the market before signing him.Also the concept of losing your ace isn't important. Ervin Santana is better than Lackey anyways and there will be other pitchers that are almost as good as Lackey that will be free agents that will probably sign for much less. It will be a pretty bare free agent class for pitchers, but pitchers like Bedard, Duchscherer, Harden, Hudson and Myers wouldn't be that much of a step down and they could always save the money that they would normally give to Lackey to sign a position player or save for the draft or trade for a star and sign him to a long term deal.

True Burnett doesn't deserve Burnett money.I'm predicting Lackey will get it from the Angels though.

It's only spring training but....Record: 21-4-1Last 5 games: 19 homeruns and 64 runs totalToo bad most of the games lately have been like 11-7.I guess the hitters are better than the pitchers at this point in the season.Don't know why the haven't signed Lackey yet.6 years 100 mill IMO.
if that happened, the Angels are overpaying for someone who is good, not great. i also heard that his elbow is stiff and sore.
Lackey doesn't deserve anything close to what hes getting. Anything over like 3 years/40 million is too much imo.
this.
it really tilts me that angels are associated with los angeles. go dodgerssss
die. montana to taylor.
I love the fact that it tilts a dodger fan.lol
this
He's probably going to get AJ Burnett money (5 years/82 million I think)6 years 100 mill is probably too high, but 5 for 80 mill is the probable range. I don't see how you can let your ace go away. You've got to be willing to pay fair market dollars for him. And they'll likely have to overpay a bit to keep him.As far as not deserving what he's already getting, he's ONLY getting 9 mill for this season. Pretty fair.
not in my eyes. it's funny that lincecum got a pay raise to an astonishing 600k a season after winning the cy young. sigh that lackey makes that much. that is embarrassing on so many levels.
True Burnett doesn't deserve Burnett money.I'm predicting Lackey will get it from the Angels though.
that would make me cringe. but he is better than burnett. :club:
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes, it's amazing they were able to catch such a small suspect.
lolRIP NickHis dad came out to see him pitch last night, he had missed his debut last year.Simply tragic.Curious if Amscray feels sorry for the driver.

I'm an A's fan and was watching the game last night. When I heard the news on the radio this morning I was in complete shock. So surreal to have watched somebody pitch a game (or do anything for that matter) just hours before his death. Prayers go out to his family and to the families of those in the car with him...such sad news.

A's fan also not that it matters, but I watched the whole game last night, and I was pretty angry when I heard the news this morning. I hate hearing about tragedies like this, thank god they caught the guy.

Depressing, gloomy, rainy (a bit) day.The national Anthem was sung.The sun finally came out (at least where I live in OC).There playing a tribute on the big screen now.Go Angels.

GG Nick Adenhart GG