What Are The Odds?

I simply need to know because the suspense is killing me.Last night I attended 2 single table tournaments at two different locations.In the first one, I saw a player get a Royal Flush. In 20 years, I've never seen one.I then went to the second tournament a few hours later.I saw a player get a Royal Flush.I saw 2 Royal Flushes in one night.I feel like I've just witnessed something that no other player will ever see in their lifetime.What would the odds be on this?

I saw 2 Royal Flushes in one night.I feel like I've just witnessed something that no other player will ever see in their lifetime.
Yup you're certainly the first and only person to see two royals in one night. Call the Guinness record folks.

I think you should've just said "hey, here's a cool thing, I saw two RFs in a night, after never seeing one ever before."Your probabiltiy question is meaningless as stated. Here are some possibilities for what you meant:1) Given the number of poker hands dealt in all of history, what are the chances that somebody somewhere has seen two RFs in one night? (Very high, it's probably occurred many many times)1a) What are the odds that I am one of the people who sees that?2) Given that I've seen X number of poker hands in my life, with an average of Y per night, what are the odds?3) What are the odds that I, in particular, will see two RFs when I go play tonight, given that I will see about Y number of hands?4) What are the odds that somebody somewhere will see two RFs tonight?5) Given that someone, somewhere is seeing two RFs tonight, what are the odds it will be me?I'm sure there are other variations, but you get the idea.

They should start calling this forum Full Anal Poker. The guy saw two RF's in one night and there are responses telling him what he should of said on here? Jesus. Way to turn a cool thing into a chance for you to read what you type

I simply need to know because the suspense is killing me.Last night I attended 2 single table tournaments at two different locations.In the first one, I saw a player get a Royal Flush. In 20 years, I've never seen one.I then went to the second tournament a few hours later.I saw a player get a Royal Flush.I saw 2 Royal Flushes in one night.I feel like I've just witnessed something that no other player will ever see in their lifetime.What would the odds be on this?
were you playing royal omaha?

LOL...Okay, Okay.Never was I under the assumption that this has NEVER happened before.What I said was "I feel like I've just witnessed something that no other player will ever see in their lifetime."I should have taken out "no other" and replaced it with "most"Seeing two RF in one night (IMO) is probably less likely to happen that watching your buddy get nailed by lightning on a golf course.An 85 year old, (who's practically lived in card clubs his whole life), was in awe when I told him this one today.I'm not looking for a medal, I'm not looking to get in Guiness (as somebody joked), I'm seriously wondering what are the odds of getting a Royal Flush....and then, trying to figure out the odds of seeing two of these in one evening.It's a real question....and yes, I feel like I have in fact witnessed something that would make "most" players reply with "NO WAY" when I tell them about it.

Odds of getting one royal flush is 64,000ish. Seeing one might be less if you are watching other tables and checking down hands to try and get one but I don't know if you were watching like 10 tables or not. To work out what you are asking would be pretty impossible because I think if you got a royal flush two hands in a row it would be 64k x 64k but I don't know how many hands were dealt in between them.I think it's impossible to work it out basically.

You think it is nuts that you saw two in a night. Get this, I saw a guy one time get it back to back!!!! It was at a 1/2 game at the Borgata. fooking crazy!!! First time he had AK second time he had QQ and got runner runner.

Odds of getting one royal flush is 64,000ish. Seeing one might be less if you are watching other tables and checking down hands to try and get one but I don't know if you were watching like 10 tables or not. To work out what you are asking would be pretty impossible because I think if you got a royal flush two hands in a row it would be 64k x 64k but I don't know how many hands were dealt in between them.I think it's impossible to work it out basically.
you missed a zero...odds of a royal flush are 1:650,000

i was thinking before i opened this thread that YOU actually had 2 royals dealt to you in one nighteither way...the odds of seeing 2 in one ngiht are probably as bad as getting dealt 12 in 18 months (which i have, :club: )oh, and i WON with them EVERY TIME, booyah

They should start calling this forum Full Anal Poker. The guy saw two RF's in one night and there are responses telling him what he should of said on here? Jesus. Way to turn a cool thing into a chance for you to read what you type
Wow, someone is a cranky pants today.But if the title is What Are The Odds, I think it's fair to assume that was a primary concern. It's fun to see one royal in a month, much less two in a night, so I'm happy for him.

In the 2 years that I've been playing, I've had 9 royal flushes. No jokes. Don't think I've ever seen 2 in one night though.

I saw two in one day at two different locations but the it happened to a friend of mine, we played in a home game and he had flopped it with JT and got all in on the river and got paid, then after that game broke up that night we went to another game and he hit a four card royal with the J in his hand. again he got paid this time by the 9 high flush. It was amazing and I am sure in the lower limit games like the .50/1 we were playing seeing it twice isnt as rare because many people play to the river even short handed plus you see alot of hands. oh and since the players are the dealers.... lolbut he wasnt the dealer on either of the hands and neither was I, would have been funny if he was though...