I searched, but couldn't find an adequate answer. I know he is a good player, but any more details than that? Reason I ask is because I'm waiting for a seat to open in a MTT and he's in it, and I can't remember anything I've heard about him.

Probably the best MTT tournament player in online poker. Hes good, real good. Ranked 1st on P5s.com in all of online poker.His real name is Kevin, i've FT'd with him a few times on various sites, hes busted me out a couple of times too.

funny when pocket 5's ranks you number one calling with 82 makes you fearless when your a nobody makes you a donkey, i am not saying below is a donkey hes a great player just was my .02
Kevin was playing that way long before he was ranked #1. :-) Every play he makes is thought out and he has pretty much perfected that style of play. He also has an incredibly good memory for players and their styles, so that helps him makes some of the plays he makes. If your average player tried to emulate his style, they would most likely fail miserably. That being said, I know quite a few well respected players who would call him a donkey. :-)
funny when pocket 5's ranks you number one calling with 82 makes you fearless when your a nobody makes you a donkey, i am not saying below is a donkey hes a great player just was my .02
lol, im sure the only way he was calling with hands like that is when he was priced in to a shortstacks push.
Meh, i'm sure the reason he was calling all in with 82 was because (like he does 6-7x an orbit lol) he opened the pot and a shortstacked shoved on him, and he probably ended up getting the right price to call. So yes, he's fearless, and nto so much a donkey.
Meh, i'm sure the reason he was calling all in with 82 was because (like he does 6-7x an orbit lol) he opened the pot and a shortstacked shoved on him, and he probably ended up getting the right price to call. So yes, he's fearless, and nto so much a donkey.
either that? or... i've spent enough time with Kevin, as we were once very close friends, to be able to tell you guys that sometimes???... Kevin just likes to sh!t on people...in those exact words, mind you.

ya i know, the guys a good player was just trying to point out that the fourm members instantly credit the great player as just being aggressive/fearless and the no name that makes the same priced in call with 8 2 a donkey. I am 100% sure he was priced in and he didn't cold call for s&g's. BeLoW is a super player actually reminds me a lot of what you see gus hanson doing on tv.

either that? or... i've spent enough time with Kevin, as we were once very close friends, to be able to tell you guys that sometimes???... Kevin just likes to sh!t on people...in those exact words, mind you.
I'd let him shit in my mouth if his definition of it is to call all ins with a bad price and 83
I'd let him shit in my mouth if his definition of it is to call all ins with a bad price and 83
no noooohe doesnt make calls getting a bad price... he prices himself in with bad hands - thats the secret :club:

I downloaded a video somewhere a couple months ago, of him playing the final table of some tourney on pokerstars - and either he was drunk or high or just messing around for the fun of it [or he really plays like that all the time which is hard to believe], but he made some of the wildest plays I've ever seen, sucking out all the time and putting the other players on serious tilt. :club: Anyone else seen that? I thought it was a hilarious video.

I downloaded a video somewhere a couple months ago, of him playing the final table of some tourney on pokerstars - and either he was drunk or high or just messing around for the fun of it [or he really plays like that all the time which is hard to believe], but he made some of the wildest plays I've ever seen, sucking out all the time and putting the other players on serious tilt. :club: Anyone else seen that? I thought it was a hilarious video.
never seen his vids...however, i have been standing behind him, peering over his shoulder or sitting right beside him, shaking my head @ what a sicko he is, as he re-raises an EP raiser all in with pocket 2's just 'because'lolhe's quite the character to watch - actually understanding his thought process is even more so intriguing,
  • 1 month later...

Hi, guys. I mainly post on 2plus2 (scooterdoo), but do come here fairly often to read Daniel's blog. I was playing in the LAPC on Monday -- the $1k nl event -- and played with an interesting character. He was saying that he plays tons online and was a super nova on Stars. A guy to my left said that he was belowabove/Kevin Saul. The only picture I saw of him online obscures his face a bit, but I'm fairly sure it's the same guy. Anyway, since I see you guys are talking about him I'll give you an interesting story.He starts off with a rush and wins the first few hands. In one of the hands he’s heads up at the turn in position and the guy to his left makes a good-sized bet. Saul calls. On the river (the flush comes) the guy bets a sizeable amount and Saul takes a while to decide and calls. The guy mucks his hand. Saul does not want to show his hand. We all tell him, as does the dealer, that he has to show. He will not show. We try calling a floor person but it’s the 3rd or 4th hand and there is no floor person to be found so this holds up play for a few minutes, which sucks because it’s the 25/25 level and we want to play. At one point one guy at the table (a local pro) gives him static and Saul asks the guy if he’s Israeli. I don’t think Saul meant much by it, I think he thought he knew him, but the guy took it to mean that he was being anti-samitic -- again, he wasn't, but that's the way the guy took it. Of course the ruling was that he needed to show. He shows a Q high flush. Not sure why he didn’t want to show. Very weird – perhaps he didn’t have the odds to make the call on the turn, but I definitely think he did with the implied odds from the river bet. I have played in dozens and dozens of live tournaments and not once I have ever seen someone not wanting to show a winning hand. Not sure why I thought this was allowed. Even in live games you HAVE to show if you're asked to show. Of course in tournaments you must show always, even if not asked (I wonder what would have happened if he mucked after the guy mucked? Does anyone know?)Anyway… a little while later the Israeli guy doesn’t have any 100 chips and asks Saul to make change – he has tons of 100’s. He won’t. This really sets the table off. Later on people were being a bit antagonistic towards him and he doesn’t understand why. About his play. His stack went up and down quite a bit. He was playing aggressive, but nothing crazy. He didn't mind mixing it up with crap hands even with raises. One time I raised with 99, was reraised and he called. He had something like 35s, flopped a flush and stacked the guy who had QQ. I saw the flop too and the flop was T86 so I had second pair, flush draw and gut shot. However, the QQ guy pushed, Saul called so I couldn't call. I would have hit my flush and beat Saul. One other memorable hand was when Saul raised to 300 or so at the 50/100 level. The guy to his left pushed and it was another 1200-1500 to call. This was at least half of Saul's remaining stack and he calls with KTs. He lost to the guys TT. I was pretty suprised by the call. Another time he had KK and a guy pushes on him with something like 33 and a flop of 245. Saul calls and doubles the guy up when he hits one of his outs. Saul was not happy about this, but as the guy who pushed said to me during the break -- when Saul plays lots of junk hands he can't expect that his raises will get much respect, which is good thing.I was the big stack for the first two rounds (went from 2500 to 8500 by the break), but didn't win a hand after that. Saul was still in okay shape when I got knocked out towards the end of the 4th round.

He starts off with a rush and wins the first few hands. In one of the hands he's heads up at the turn in position and the guy to his left makes a good-sized bet. Saul calls. On the river (the flush comes) the guy bets a sizeable amount and Saul takes a while to decide and calls. The guy mucks his hand. Saul does not want to show his hand. We all tell him, as does the dealer, that he has to show. He will not show. We try calling a floor person but it's the 3rd or 4th hand and there is no floor person to be found so this holds up play for a few minutes, which sucks because it's the 25/25 level and we want to play. At one point one guy at the table (a local pro) gives him static and Saul asks the guy if he's Israeli. I don't think Saul meant much by it, I think he thought he knew him, but the guy took it to mean that he was being anti-samitic -- again, he wasn't, but that's the way the guy took it. Of course the ruling was that he needed to show. He shows a Q high flush. Not sure why he didn't want to show. Very weird – perhaps he didn't have the odds to make the call on the turn, but I definitely think he did with the implied odds from the river bet. I have played in dozens and dozens of live tournaments and not once I have ever seen someone not wanting to show a winning hand. Not sure why I thought this was allowed. Even in live games you HAVE to show if you're asked to show. Of course in tournaments you must show always, even if not asked (I wonder what would have happened if he mucked after the guy mucked? Does anyone know?)
He didn't want to show because he didn't want to give up any more information on how he plays then he has to. I'm actually surprised he was forced to show after the other player mucked. If anyone should be forced to show, it should be the bettor, not the caller. I assume it's to prevent collusion though.
Anyway… a little while later the Israeli guy doesn't have any 100 chips and asks Saul to make change – he has tons of 100's. He won't. This really sets the table off. Later on people were being a bit antagonistic towards him and he doesn't understand why.
There is a reason to accumulate a lot of smaller denomination chips - your stack looks larger to the naked eye. Plus, Kevin probably just wanted to be a prick. :club:
That being said, I know quite a few well respected players who would call him a donkey. :-)
loland i was definitely under the impression that if you call someone on the river (thus they have to show first) and they muck without showing, you have no obligation to show your hand to win the pot... guess not.
loland i was definitely under the impression that if you call someone on the river (thus they have to show first) and they muck without showing, you have no obligation to show your hand to win the pot... guess not.
Yeah seems odd to me...Probably a Commerce 'house' rule to prevent collusion. Although, I can't see how seeing the caller's hand would prove anything unless you had the mucked bettor's hand shown too.