Scott Huff Leaving "the Circuit"

From "The Circuit" myspace pageGreetings Circuit Fans,I am writing this letter/post/blog to inform the loyal listeners and fans of our radio show ..The Circuit.. that I am stepping down as the show..s host.It has been an eventful year and a half with Card Player and the most fun that I had doing my job was when I was in the studio with Gavin, Joe, Danny and when he was around, Shronk. Performing our show for all of you was the pinnacle of my young career, and I just wanted to say thank you, and let you know the reasons for my leaving.The reason for my leaving is fairly simple. It is time for me to move on. It was always my intention to pursue a career in the entertainment industry, and after the amazing opportunities Card Player Media has offered me over the past year and half I have built up the confidence and the skills to make those career dreams a reality.I am moving back to L.A. full time now and therefore will not be able to travel with - as one of my good buddies John Phan once put it - ..The Circus...I sincerely hope that you all enjoyed the product we and Card Player put out over the past year to give you what I believe was the best poker entertainment and information that the world had to offer.I think I would be remiss if I were not to make a small comment about the poker industry in general before I sign off. I hope that through our charity work, personalities on the air, and love for the game we have helped to prove that poker is a wonderful game, that when enjoyed responsibly is one that can build .. not destroy .. community, strengthen friendships and help out the less fortunate in their times of need. The people in the poker world are some of the most generous, caring, intelligent human beings I have ever come across. I hope that the game continues to grow, and I hope you all do your part to make this Internet poker nonsense disappear, and we can all enjoy the game that we love.One final thank you to the fans of the show. Thank you for supporting us, helping us to grow, and contributing to the content and format of the show. It really and truly has been the most fun experience I have ever had in my life, and it is all thanks to you. The Circuit art, the hilarious phone calls and emails, and the listeners that I met really made me feel like we were doing something that mattered to people.As for the future of ..The Circuit,.. I cannot comment as I am no longer the host and creative producer of the show nor an employee of Card Player. Joe and Gavin will be releasing their own statements and thanks to the fans as well in the near future on their blogs and myspace pages, and possibly in this forum.I will be continuing my new comedy podcast over at www.twojacksinthehole.com if you..re interested in hearing me flap my gums any more than I already have.To Gavin, Joe, Danny, Shronk, Jeremy and all my people..s on the road. Thanks, and I love you guys.To all of the fans of the show. Thanks again.Scott Huff

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to quote someone, as in this post, you should say that you're quoting someone or post a link to the original source. Some people might thing that you're actually Scott Huff.
I'm glad you added insight to the thread

nope, sadly this looks like it is for real. The blog on myspace says Huff is leaving and includes *** not a hoax ***From Shronk:Trust me, there will be more drastic changes to the show than just Scott leaving

I'm glad you added insight to the thread
Well when I first read the thread, I thought the OP was saying he was Scott Huff, so the Great Dane's contribution to this thread did in fact help me.
From Shronk:Trust me, there will be more drastic changes to the show than just Scott leaving
I think the show is done. They had already announced that only a few of the upcoming tournaments will be covered. Now that Huff's leaving I think it's over. Too bad. I really enjoyed the show. I just don't think it made any money...so they had to cut it.
If you're going to quote someone, as in this post, you should say that you're quoting someone or post a link to the original source. Some people might think that you're actually Scott Huff.
Well I for one was certainly fooled. Scott Huff grew up in Massachusetts, moved to LA, and the OP's location says Wisconsin. You just never know!I also thought Scott Huff had graced us with over 100 posts without us ever knowing his identity until now!Amazing!(sw)
Well I for one was certainly fooled. Scott Huff grew up in Massachusetts, moved to LA, and the OP's location says Wisconsin. You just never know!I also thought Scott Huff had graced us with over 100 posts without us ever knowing his identity until now!Amazing!(sw)
Don't worry.Dane is a troll.

I think Dane could offer a ton if he stuck to stories/insight/thoughts about playing the big 10k buyin events, since most folks on this forum haven't played the huge live tourneys. I think he's a good guy with a good heart, but, I think sometimes, he comes off as a much nicer version of, well, me.Not that anyone asked or cares, but, just my dos centos.

From Gavin's myspace: Looks like the show is over :club: The End of the CircuitWow where to start! A very enjoyable part of my life has come to an end. My good friend Scott Huff has decided that the obligations that the Circuit puts upon him are to much and that he can no longer continue with the show. His decision, while somewhat dissappointing, is one that I will support and encourage. All to often in life we worry about waht will make others happy instead of concerning ourselves with our own happiness. The Circuit was a tremendous amount of fun, it is what made Joe, Scott, Danny and I, amazing friends, friends that will always be there for one another regardeless of a radio show. That being said, the show created many problems for the heart of the shoe, that being Scott. I was tremendously lucky to just show up, be myself and have the brilliance of Scott and Danny create a show that the public loved. The travel for myself and Joe was just what we are accustomed to and was really no particular hardship for us, we are after all 2 single vagabond poker players! For Scott however this created a much different problem. Scott is in a committed relationship with a wonderful girl, the trials of constantly being on the road were becoming more and more strenous. This encoupled with the stress of creating the best poker show in the industry was an awful lot of pressure for Scott to bear. I truly hope thta Scott will be much happier due to this decision and I will support him in any way I can. I have said since day one, and continue to say, Scott is the single most talented person I have ever come across in my life, I'm not sure where but trust me this guy is going to be huge, he is just to great not to hit it big! We all got many compliments on the circuit but to be honest, most for me were undeserved. I merely told the world what I thought about poker and road the coatails of Scott Huff and Danny Englehoff. These two gentlemen are " The Circuit". I have truly loved performing the show for two reasons. One I loved the support we received from our fans, it is very rewarding to hear that people truly appreciate the work you are doing, but more so for the 3 friendships I have developed because of the show. Scott, Joe and Danny are 3 boysI will honestly take a bullet for, they are my boys that have helped me through many things in my life! My Dad once told me that friendship was very easy, all you had to do to have a good friend was to be a good friend! Gents you have all succeeded, the thing I appreciate most about this spectacular show is that I have got the chance to meet and befriend the 3 of you. I have really enjoyed the past 8 months with this show, it made me realize that even though I am no brilliant poker mind, people cared about what I had to say and for that I thankyou. It has been particularly sweet to seee Joe develop as a top player and win his "***" off. I like to think the show had a little something to do with this brilliant young man start to think poker a little more and run with his talent, the sky is truly the limit! I will definitely miss the show and the daily interaction with my 3 great friends. I hope only the best for these guys and I thank them for bringing me along on what has really been a great ride! You guys are the s***, your passion and talent are an inspiration to me! I love you guys!To the fans, thankyou so much! To have the support and well wishes that you provided have ment so much to me. I hope what I had to say in some way helped your poker growth. I will miss the circuit but to be perfectly honest I cannot imagine doing this wonderful show without Scott Huff, he was the glue that held us all together.I know that Joe, Scott and Danny will do well and prosper, they are just to damn talented not to. Guys I will be there watching your successes.Fans, goodnight, be well, live poker, and remember the circuit for what it was, A little blood, sweat and tears from 4 really good friends!Peace OutYour favourite cavemanGavin Smith, Oooga booga