marginal moves, looseys behind me (limit he)

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is MP3 with 6:diamond:, 9:diamond:. CO posts a blind of $2. 1 fold, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: (6 SB) T:diamond:, 9:heart:, 5:heart: (6 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero calls, ...how bad was the preflop limp? the CO was a known fish (in the super-loose calling station sense), the button was also very loose, and the SB was pretty loose. each player behind me was pretty passive except the button, who was aggressive postflop but still with a low preflop raise percentage.how bad was the call on the flop? i kinda felt folding might have been right in the small pot, but with all those loose players behind me, i thought calling might work out if i could get those guys to call behind me.was this terrible, or marginally bad, or not bad at all? :? aseem

I like the pot to be bigger and have better position if I'm going to play a suited two-gap.I'm all for experimenting though, especially with your BR. ;)I need a read on UTG+1. The flop isn't great for your hand. The 6s could be dirty do to hearts or gutshot straights. And if you're good now, you have to dodge lots of overs. I'd let it go. I think you need at least a gutshot on the flop to continue with these types of hands.

though you have some loosey goosey's behind you, I'm folding PF. the key to playing these types of hands is to usually have position on two PF limpers, and you don't really have that.hmm, I'm torn on the flop, I'm not sure if I want to fold or raise, but I don't think calling is your best option w/2nd pairnokicker and a bdoor flush and bdoor straight(of which is very suspect). I really need some sort of read on utg+1 here to really make a decision. if there were two more players involved in this hand I'd feel better about calling

well, here were my thoughts.let's pretend i'm on the button, and all those loose players are ahead of me.if they all limp, i'd limp with 9-6 suited, right?same on the flop... if they all called the flop, i definitely call with a pair and backdoor draws, right?so does calling out of relative position suck?aseem

well, here were my thoughts.let's pretend i'm on the button, and all those loose players are ahead of me.if they all limp, i'd limp with 9-6 suited, right?same on the flop... if they all called the flop, i definitely call with a pair and backdoor draws, right?so does calling out of relative position suck?aseem
yes

hey kdawg, i'd agree that raising/folding >> calling in a large pot, but the pot was small.i didn't really like raising when i was almost certainly behind to UTG+1, but calling seemed good if i could be sure most or all of the guys behind me would call as well.my draws are pretty weak, and there's not much to protect or clean up here by raising, and the pot's small, so why not call and encourage calls behind me?aseem

my draws are pretty weak, and there's not much to protect or clean up here by raising, and the pot's small, so why not call and encourage calls behind me?
I would if we had more players to the flop

alright, thanks everyone.i was pretty torn during the hand on whether i should have folded preflop or not, same with the flop. i guess i got kind of tempted with all those loose players behind me.let's just say that i appreciate the value of seat selection a lot more now. :club: aseem