I sure hope I heard the news wrong, but I am kind of guessing not. I really think we need another stimulus, the other bailouts/stimulus's have worked out so well already. Its also pretty laughable when European countries are telling us to quit spending money we don't have. OBAMA-NOMICS are SMRT.

post-28161-1277776777_thumb.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The last couple times the economy went deep into the shitter, we reacted by strictly balancing the budget, raising interest rates and slowing down spending. Some "Economists" argue that this methodology makes bad recessions/depressions "worse" and what we need to do is lower interest rates (loosen the money supply) and accelerate government deficit spending. Others argue that the aforementioned methods are what kept an awful situation from turning into an outright and total systematic collapse and to ratchet up spending and increase the money supply is only going to exacerbate the permanence of the consequences when things come crashing down- basically, futilely pumping air into an angrily hissing bubble. Who cares, though. None of us can escape death.

Paul the idiot Krugman's remark after the G-7 told Obama that they weren't going to spend more government money to 'fix this recession'"Well, that's it. We're going to go back to double-dip recession. It's over. If we stop spending and we start getting concerned about deficit reduction and debt, then it's over. We're headed for a double-dip recession".

Who cares, though. None of us can escape death.
In the long run, we're all dead.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
the other bailouts/stimulus's have worked out so well already.
I: agree. I, too, have longed for the collapse of modern finance and civilization for as long as I can remember.
how can paul krugman be such a ****ing moron? it sickens me that he "teaches" people.
So, why is it so obvious that he's a moron? Am I missing something?
explain. without "brushing up" on the underpinnings of your opinion.
Also, if you could also do it without making a "that's what she said" joke involving "global stimulus," that'd be nice too. If you can just avoid putting it in there, that'd be better for all of us.
how can paul krugman be such a ****ing moron? it sickens me that he "teaches" people.
i, too, deem all nobel laureates who offer differing political views from my own as fucking morons.

inflation is effectively non-existent, and is likely to remain so for the foreseeable future. in fact, deflation is, again, a real concern, and obviously we all know that a deflationary environment is much worse than a mildly inflationary one so more stimulus, either in the form of another round of quantitative easing or another targeted package is quite reasonable to consider at this time.

inflation is effectively non-existent, and is likely to remain so for the foreseeable future. in fact, deflation is, again, a real concern, and obviously we all know that a deflationary environment is much worse than a mildly inflationary one so more stimulus, either in the form of another round of quantitative easing or another targeted package is quite reasonable to consider at this time.
what a fucking moron
... with what money exactly?
... with what money exactly?
with our 2y yield @ 0.62%, 10y yield @ 2.97%, and 30y @ 3.93%, it is clear the universe is still quite pleased to own our debt.
with our 2y yield @ 0.62%, 10y yield @ 2.97%, and 30y @ 3.93%, it is clear the universe is still quite pleased to own our debt.
I hope they go the QE route, I don't like the other alternative.
Yeah, because they want to own us and take us down from the inside! There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the economy. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the money!
I hope they go the QE route, I don't like the other alternative.
i don't think they'll do either, but i was merely suggesting that it isn't ridiculous to consider further stimulative measures as our op here suggested.
i don't think they'll do either, but i was merely suggesting that it isn't ridiculous to consider further stimulative measures as our op here suggested.
I think they will do QE, not at the rate they did before. Deflation is creeping back in. Oil prices are dropping, so are other commodities. The elephant in the room is unemployment and under employment. The numbers that are being touted are false. Corporations are hoarding their money right now. There have been some dividend increases and increased M&A, which is good, but until we start seeing people hired and a significant increase in druable goods ordered the economy will stay flat.I think one of the things the government should do is look at take breaks for long term, permanent hiring.
I think they will do QE, not at the rate they did before. Deflation is creeping back in. Oil prices are dropping, so are other commodities. The elephant in the room is unemployment and under employment. The numbers that are being touted are false. Corporations are hoarding their money right now. There have been some dividend increases and increased M&A, which is good, but until we start seeing people hired and a significant increase in druable goods ordered the economy will stay flat.I think one of the things the government should do is look at tax breaks for long term, permanent hiring.
seems like oil in particular is prone to drop as a result of reduced economic activity.supposedly grains are dropping because it's been an exceptionally good season... alternating periods of heat and rain. one of my friends got his face melted in that game.
So, why is it so obvious that he's a moron? Am I missing something?
Because he has no understanding of history, no understanding of current economics, no understanding of economic theory, and his answer to every single problem, no matter what the casue, is "have the government spend more money." This is especially insane right now when one of the biggest problems we face is unsustainable levels of debt, and now the Keynesian economics has been show for the joke that it is.If you need further details, look up the thread Checky started a while ago asking for comment on an 8 page article by Krugman. It was thoroughly dissected there showing him (Krugman) for the hack that he is.
Because he has no understanding of history, no understanding of current economics, no understanding of economic theory
It's going to be hard to take the rest of your post seriously after this introduction. Yeah, Paul Krugman has no understanding of economic theory. Okay.
This is especially insane right now when one of the biggest problems we face is unsustainable levels of debt, and now the Keynesian economics has been show for the joke that it is.
How is our level of debt unsustainable? And how is that one of our biggest problems? It seems that we could easily sustain the level of debt that we have right now.Our biggest short term problem is obviously unemployment, and by a LONG shot. Our biggest long term problems are medical costs and energy sustainability. Debt is nothing to us. We're not Greece or Spain.