New Challenge (old Challenge)

hahahaha I think he leveled you
He totally did. LOL.Also, Poker War Room in t-minus 39 days.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

LOL. Yeah, the goal is to play people that have trouble breathing without assistance. The fact that my opponents figured out how to sign on to their account already makes me a little weary about playing them.
[x] Signature-worthy.
Nice, but I think today is HU Poker Talk day. :club:
Well then, you guys have your fun, and I'm going to:[X] Workout[ ] Play another session[X] Nap (again)[X] Go see Dark Knight[X] Go out to dinner[X] Watch the WSOPMark
Well then, you guys have your fun, and I'm going to:[X] Workout[ ] Play another session[X] Nap (again)[X] Go see Dark Knight[X] Go out to dinner[X] Watch the WSOPMark
Quitting after 300 hands and you showed a profit. No wonder you're getting crush(ed)ing this month. :club:
Well then, you guys have your fun, and I'm going to:[X] Go see Dark KnightMark
I've heard this is good. I wonder if I should check it out (for the fourth time).
Looks like the latest version of HEM offers a 15 day trial rather than based on # of hands so hopefully PEV will be released before the trial is up. Also it includes what looks like a great set of reports/articles on finding leaks.And Joe the Pro is now a "coach" at Deuces Cracked. Funny stuff.
I have been meaning to try out HEM since I am still running PT2 and was waiting for all the new software to be released before upgrading.If I use HEM for a 15 day trial, will I be able to keep all those hands I play in both my PT2 and new HEM database?
Quitting after 300 hands and you showed a profit. No wonder you're getting crush(ed)ing this month. :club:
In my defense today, we went to IHOP this morning, I napped, and I'm home with Kaelyn until Shannon gets home from work at 3. So i can justify my poker laziness by saying I'm just spending time with my daughter :ts Also, I'm back on the plus side for the month again online, so you know, go me :D
I've heard this is good. I wonder if I should check it out (for the fourth time).
lol I barely ever watch movies, but I'm kind of excited because I've heard so many good things about it.Mark
Nice!So, while we're talking about HU:I was watching cwik play the other day and I realized that I win so many pots without showdown because I c-bet TONS of hands on the flop. I watched him play and he considered (although ultimately bet) checking back with A8 on J86 with a FD because he had "showdown value" and I thought to myself, would I ever check there? HELL NO! I wouldn't really even consider it unless my opponent had been c/ring the living crap out of me or otherwise forcing me to change what I'd been doing. I don't care about showdown value. I don't want to get to showdown against most people. I want them to have to consider that my flop bet means I have air, middle pair, top pair, a set, the nuts or a draw. I want them to make decisions so I don't have to (other than how quickly and how much to bet or raise). I think that I kind of realized that the major difference between the two of our styles is that when he makes a hand, he tries to show it down. When I make a hand, I play it like I play all of my other hands, the vast majority of which would be playing the board when we get to showdown. That's not to say that I don't check back flops against certain opponents, but it's not often with the whole mentality of "I'd like to show this down" or "I don't want to get raised here" as much as it is to keep him guessing as to what my hand ranges are.
Well, this is probably why your lack of winnings at showdown is so much more impressive than mine (and the real root of my jealousy). I actually check back a lot of middle pair hands. Now, pair + flush draw = nuts, so I'm fine with getting check-raised.Also, Cwik showed me a hand his buddy played at 5:30 this morning and I was so tired, but I think I gave the correct play. Ignore the ace of spades. It's part of the other dude's name. The hero in this is MooGoo and he has K6ss.http://www.pokerhand.org/?2928845What line would you clowns take three buy ins deep?
best comic book movie ever?
Okay, my very official top five comic book movies:Iron ManX-2Spidey 2Daredevil Director's CutThe Dark KnightNow, if you forced my hand to rank them, I would probably go:5. Daredevil DC4. Iron Man3. X-22. Spidey 21. The Dark KnightReally, all five are awesome. Spidey 2 and TDK are amazing movies, not just amazing comic book movies. I might prefer X-2 to Spidey, though, because that movie is just a kick ass action movie.This list has stressed me out.

Acid Knight, I know we discussed this before, and forgot to actually do it, but would you be interested in playing HU at lowish stakes anytime. I think I'm pretty horrible HU, and I'd like to gain a little more confidence if I get HU in a bigger tourney where the stacks are a bit deeper. You have my aim I think.

Acid Knight, I know we discussed this before, and forgot to actually do it, but would you be interested in playing HU at lowish stakes anytime. I think I'm pretty horrible HU, and I'd like to gain a little more confidence if I get HU in a bigger tourney where the stacks are a bit deeper. You have my aim I think.
That I do. We can play tonight if you want. I will be online and available at like 4:30 or so Pacific Time. If you're online and wanna play, I'll IM you and we can 1 or 2 table .25/50 HU (depending on how your focus is at multiple HU tables)Edit: I would say though that HU cash is nothing at all like HU in a tourney. I think you'd be a lot better off playing a shit load of HU SNGs since there are so many available now since I think that would more closely resemble what you're looking for, but I'd still be more than happy to play you.
That I do. We can play tonight if you want. I will be online and available at like 4:30 or so Pacific Time. If you're online and wanna play, I'll IM you and we can 1 or 2 table .25/50 HU (depending on how your focus is at multiple HU tables)Edit: I would say though that HU cash is nothing at all like HU in a tourney. I think you'd be a lot better off playing a shit load of HU SNGs since there are so many available now since I think that would more closely resemble what you're looking for, but I'd still be more than happy to play you.
I'm pretty comfortable HU when the stacks are like < 30 bbs, and I think I probably play those stack sizes well enough that I'm not making any huge mistakes when it comes to shoving/reshove type ranges, so I'm not looking to play many HU sngs. I think in general since I've always played tourneys and never cash, the deeper I get the worse I play, so I'd love to get some practice in since I've def gotten hu in tourneys where the effective stacks are 50 bbs.
[x] Signature-worthy.
Duly noted.

Session results weren't great - graph won't upload but the concise version = \Was the fishy-est game i've play in for a looong time, but couldn't seem to make a hand, or when I did I didn't get paid offHad an FCP'er railing though and felt like a learned alot, hopefully i can put it into practice :club:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($36.45)UTG ($44.20)MP ($42.80)Button ($25)SB ($34.65)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qheart.gif, Qdiamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25. Hero raises to $1, UTG calls $1, 1 fold, Button calls $1, 1 fold.Flop: ($3.25) 8club.gif, 7spade.gif, 7diamond.gif(3 players)Hero bets $2.5, UTG folds, Button calls $2.50.Turn: ($8.25) 9club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $5.5, Hero calls $5.50.River: ($19.25) 2diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $16 (All-In), Hero ????No stats, only villains 3rd hand.
If it was this monkey, I highly recommend calling.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $26.70UTG+1: $25CO: $57.10Button: $10.50SB: $5.95AAsnake88: $29.10Pre-flop: (6 players) AAsnake88 is BB with :club::ts UTG, folds, UTG+1 (poster) checks, 2 folds, SB calls, AAsnake88 raises to $1.1, UTG+1 calls, SB folds.Flop: :D:4h:D ($2.45, 2 players)AAsnake88 bets $1.75, UTG+1 raises to $8, AAsnake88 raises all-in $28, UTG+1 calls all-in $15.9.Uncalled bets: $4.1 returned to AAsnake88. Turn: :5c ($50.25, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $50.25)River: :D ($50.25, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $50.25)Results:Final pot: $50.25AAsnake88 showed Ad AhUTG+1 showed 5c 7h
That's why I just blindly fling money into the pots until they fold.My green line is proof that this works (unless they call, see blue line for details)
Thanks for the sig. :club:
Something I've realized:This is the only thread that's worth reading anymore.But, I don't play cash games, so it's hard to post anything meaningful./observation
The problem is that this thread is now bigger and more populated than the NL strat forum, and tbh I think it's a step backwards in many ways. There are some great posters and players here, and that talent gets diluted in the mess of beats and brags (and more than a little variance).