Should i be betting the flop/river in this hand? Should i fold turn? Let me know your thoughts....3 bet flop? The preflop raiser is a loose player, but he will not make a big raise preflop without JJ+. I'm pretty familiar with him. he wont even raise that high with a/k. I saw him raise to $25 with two limpers previously with 99, and to $20 with a/k first to act. Pls keep in mind. The bb is a loose player, and pretty straight forward after the flop. I was pretty sure after his turn check he didnt have the ace...but do i take that chance on the flop and bet? also, with the preflop raiser's check on the flop, do i assume he doesnt have an ace and bet? i felt he would check aa and kk here just as much, as well as jj..in fact, i felt like he would check his whole range to be honest..lol..only a/k he'd bet, but i did not feel he had that because of the preflop raise amount... i got so confused, even though this should be simple...i dont like 3betting before the flop because i'm only beating jj....anyways...2 limpers for $5villain raises to $40 ($550 stack)hero calls $40 with QQ (stack is $350 - i know, i should buy the max, but i've been running bad)bb calls $40 ($500 stack)everyone else foldsflop ($132)a 10 3 rainbowchecks all arounddo i bet here? turn 5, no flush draw, all 4 suitsbb checksvillain bets $70hero?

You could fold pre-flop.If he only has JJ+ and maybe AK.You don't have the stack to set-mine. You only get him to stack off JJ when the board comes low cards.You will get stacked by AA KK when the flop comes low. You prob win when he has AK and he doesn't make a purrrr bc he plays straight forward and will check it down...As played, I'd fold multiway not closing action.

this may seem weird, but did you consider a tiny 3 bet? to isolate and frankly you you have odds on a shove from there

huh
When we make a decision to play 35bbs, we make a decision to stack off PF with QQ IMO. If we're not closing action or within one or two positions of closing action on a live table with QQ, it's my opinion that we prob need to 3 bet and get HU or we'll see a calling train develop and QQ plays excellent HU, but not so much 4 way. And most of the time, when I am "running bad," I find that it's because I'm playing weak and everyone is running over me. But that may just be me, and I differentiate "running bad" from "spewing," which is an entirely different problem.
this may seem weird, but did you consider a tiny 3 bet? to isolate and frankly you you have odds on a shove from there
Making an incorrect play to garner proper pot odds is still not playing well.IE, We flat an UTG in the BB, pot is ~7bb and we have 97bb behind. We flop a gutshot. We are like 7.5-1 against. We bet 80bbs and when he jams it in on us, we only need to call 17bb into a pot of 184bbs so we're getting almost 11-1, so we haz the pot odds, but we played like an idiot to get those pot odds.OP said he has narrowed villains range down to JJ, QQ, KK, AA... with our stack size, QQ is a fold vs that range. If we raise, he folds JJ some % and jams KK AA 100% and depending on raise size, we may have pot odds, but we played terribly against his range.Even getting it in vs JJ doesn't make up for the fact that there are more combos of AA and KK in his range than JJ, especially bc he can likely fold JJ so his range when he gets it in is all the combos of AA, KK, the other combo of QQ and maybe half the combos of JJ, so we're like 34% vs that range.
When we make a decision to play 35bbs, we make a decision to stack off PF with QQ IMO. If we're not closing action or within one or two positions of closing action on a live table with QQ, it's my opinion that we prob need to 3 bet and get HU or we'll see a calling train develop and QQ plays excellent HU, but not so much 4 way. And most of the time, when I am "running bad," I find that it's because I'm playing weak and everyone is running over me. But that may just be me, and I differentiate "running bad" from "spewing," which is an entirely different problem.
70bbs thoOther than that, excellent post

i felt folding was too weak preflop...even though i narrowed his range to 4 hands, which i only beat 1...a 3 bet and c-bet would have been better...i shouldn't have called the turn, but i was so confused...he checked river when it bricked, i shoved and he tanked forever and folded qq face up...

remember that when you narrow an opponent's range, you're narrowing it down to combinations, not total hands. So lots of people say, "I put him on AK/QQ/KK/AA, and since there are 3 hands that beat me (JJ), I had to fold." You look at the combinations of hands instead, and there are substantially more combinations of unsuited and suited cards (16) than combinations of pairs (6).

Exactly.
remember that when you narrow an opponent's range, you're narrowing it down to combinations, not total hands. So lots of people say, "I put him on AK/QQ/KK/AA, and since there are 3 hands that beat me (JJ), I had to fold." You look at the combinations of hands instead, and there are substantially more combinations of unsuited and suited cards (16) than combinations of pairs (6).
what are you talking about... AA is one hand KK is one hand and AK is two hands, suited and disootedJacks are less likely bc everyone knows you get coolered more (QQ<KK) more than you cooler ppl (QQ>JJ) (just part of being good at poker, you have less lucky) duhhhcombinations... what a crackhead fool who hardly plays poker