• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That mom was gross, I wish they wouldn't give people like that camera time.

You need that type of judge, and she's wayyyy hotter than Paula. I think Keith was great and I have to assume Harry Conick will be the best of the 3. Dude just oozes cool and knows a shit ton about mu

We disagree which shouldn't surprised either of us.

We already know that JLo and Keith Urban are two of the top 3 judges ever. The only unknown is Harry, who seems awesome.

I agree with you.

You need that type of judge, and she's wayyyy hotter than Paula. I think Keith was great and I have to assume Harry Conick will be the best of the 3. Dude just oozes cool and knows a shit ton about music.

• Like 1

Wait JLo is a top 3 judge? She kisses everyone's ass and doesn't say anything constructive. She is Paula without the drugs

We disagree which shouldn't surprised either of us.

• Like 1

I've only seen one episode so far, and I can say without question or hesitation that Harry Conick Jr is in the top 2 all time for judges. I'm sure he will comfortably beat Simon before the end of the season.

Ok so I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. The judges were great.

Here are my 2 problems: 1) The talent pool isn't that deep anymore. The people who are getting through suck. I think I saw potential in only 2 people (the gigantic black football player, and the girl who wrote a song for her grandpa who died). I think the show is about the judges like SuperJon says, but up to a point. I think the last 4-5 seasons I've quit the show when it has gotten to the live shows because it becomes more about the singing, and I don't like the majority of the singers.

All these nerdy white guys with guitars that show up and have these weird quirky things going on with their voices, they suck. It sounds pleasant in a coffee house, not on a big stage.

I was thinking to myself, "I could go to a random junior college right now and pluck 30 kids from a jazz class and they can all sing as well as these people" and sure enough a girl comes up and says she sings in a JC choir and they loved her.

All the country girls also, there are like thousands of girls who can sing the same way with that country twang, stop letting them through.

2) I hate the majority of these pop songs that the contestants are singing, like I really can't stand them. I'm going to keep watching, but I'm sure I'll reach a point where I have to stop. /rant

The shitty cheerleader with the scratchy voice is from my hometown of 8000 people. The one where Keith threatened JLo with physical violence and no one knew what to do after he said it. I don't know her, or like the family that I do know, but that's the most idol I've seen since the first season, and I only watched the clip on TMZ.

My only complaint so far is how they're showing the contestants talk about themselves over their audition. Do that shit before they sing.

I didn't catch all of last night's, but was Dennis Rodman actually good enough to get through? He was the skinny black guy with dyed red hair, and he was wearing a shirt that had dinosaurs on it. Just looking at him, you'd think he was one of the crazy ones, but I saw he got a ticket.

I actually liked some of the white guitar guys, but only because I'm a sucker for that genre of music. I can't say I've heard even half of the albums released by Idol alumni, but my favorite is Casey Abram's first (and only?) album, and he's not even know if he's in my top 10 favorite Idol contestants.

1. Adam Lambert (not an audition, but my favorite Idol performance of all time)

(couldn't find his audition)

I've only seen one episode so far, and I can say without question or hesitation that Harry Conick Jr is in the top 2 all time for judges. I'm sure he will comfortably beat Simon before the end of the season.

That is correct. As soon as Simon left I named Harry as one of the best people to replace him. My second choice would have been David Foster.

My only complaint so far is how they're showing the contestants talk about themselves over their audition. Do that shit before they sing.

I didn't catch all of last night's, but was Dennis Rodman actually good enough to get through? He was the skinny black guy with dyed red hair, and he was wearing a shirt that had dinosaurs on it. Just looking at him, you'd think he was one of the crazy ones, but I saw he got a ticket.

I actually liked some of the white guitar guys, but only because I'm a sucker for that genre of music. I can't say I've heard even half of the albums released by Idol alumni, but my favorite is Casey Abram's first (and only?) album, and he's not even know if he's in my top 10 favorite Idol contestants.

1. Adam Lambert (not an audition, but my favorite Idol performance of all time)

(couldn't find his audition)

You picked some really good ones here. Paris is probably my favorite audition, followed by Kellie Pickler.

My all-time favorite Idol performance is David Cook:

2nd is Andrew Garcia:

I can appreciate Cook's cover of Billie Jean more now, but at the time I really hated it. Only because it was a rip off of Cornell's version, which was/and is so much better. The only thing Garcia ever did that I liked was that Paula Abdul song.

So I'm hooked for now I liked the 2nd episode. I love how Harry Connick dealt with those sisters "as a judge this isn't hard on me, but it is going to be really hard on you."

Lol at Cane's opinions counting as a positive. That's like saying that Suited agreeing with you on how to get laid would be a positive for you. If anything, I win because Cane agrees with you.

When Harry auditioned for Keith I definitely chuckled. Harry is the best.

Lol at Cane's opinions counting as a positive. That's like saying that Suited agreeing with you on how to get laid would be a positive for you. If anything, I win because Cane agrees with you.

Tell us more about Alex smith. The next time you're right about anything will be the first time. You don't like dogs, you've never spent more than $200 at a restaurant, it's like a roadmap for how not to be.

• Like 1

The next time you're right about anything will be the first time.

To be fair, Brv did predict Phillip Phillips was going to win after his first audition.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

To be fair, Brv did predict Phillip Phillips was going to win after his first audition.

That's like predicting that the UCONN women's basketball team is going to win their next game. I'm pretty sure brv and everyone else who saw that audition predicted Phillip Phillips to win. Episode 3, I really liked the 15 year old black girl tuba player. I'd be surprised if she made it out of Hollywood week though.

That's like predicting that the UCONN women's basketball team is going to win their next game. I'm pretty sure brv and everyone else who saw that audition predicted Phillip Phillips to win.

Nailed it:

Obviously, Philip Philips Jr. is the guy to beat right now.

Just watched this audition on youtube. You're joking, right?

he was the guy who they showed a flashback of doing thriller. He made it to the next round, they showed him in Hollywood but he wasn't that great.

I don't think any of them have really stood out, but I'm watching anyway because I like watching people reach for their dreams or something.

Just wondering. Which guys are your favorites? For me most of them are just OK. Drummer dude has a great voice, but I cannot stand his over the top personality. Crying guy ("To sum it up in three words: I want to sing") is completely overrated. Vanilla ice has a good voice, but nothing special. Korean guy is meh as a singer. Sideshow Bob is good. The young kid has a good voice, but don't like how he uses it.A couple of the girls are good. The chick who sang "Georgia" (bigger girl working at a winery), 2 of the blondes are good (Tall 16 year old and short girl). Don't like the Asian (Filipino?) girl. Overall I don't think that the talent is that great this season. Maybe I'll change my mind as the Live Shows start.