January 2009 Goals

December:decos9.jpgMy goals for January are simple:Play poker EVERY DAY of the month and also go to the gym EVERY DAY of the month.Ideally, I'd like to get in 20k hands online and make $15k between live and online play.HAPPY NEW YEAR AND GOOD LUCK IN 2009 FCP!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goals for DecemberGet to 100 FPP's on Pstars, only have 67 right now PASSWin 5 DoN SnG's in a row PASSDon't lose a lot of DoN SnG's in a row FAIL, multiple timesFind way to get 20 bucks from Bugsy's Club to Pokerstars to increased current $6 bankroll on stars (anyone have Bugsy's Club)? FAIL, but I made my first deposit so this isn't necessary anymore
Goals for January 2009:1. Profit.2. Earn at least 90 FPP's in the month for bonus (at 66)3. Get a stake to some tournament.4. Do well enough to give some stakes.
December Goals:- Play 100 SNG's between HU and Single Tables - FAIL 83 Total- Play 30 MTT's - FAIL 14 Total- Get BR over $200, current-$103 - FAIL $118.34 BR- Make a Final Table - FAIL, 12th Place Finish in $5 PLO on 12-17- Win a MTT - FAIL- Post and Read Strat Forums more - Read more, didn't post as much though.- Have Confidence - Pass- Trust My Instincts - Pass- Open up more late in MTT's - FAILNon-poker related: - Start eating better - Pass- Lose 10 lbs. - FAIL- Finish the book I started - FAIL- Clean Basement - FAILGood Luck All!
January 2009 Goals:- Play 100 SNG's- Play 20 MTT's- Make A Final Table- Win a MTT- Get Bankroll over $150- Post More In Tourney Strat- Maintain Strict BR ManagementNon-Poker:- Continue Eating Better- Lose 10 LBS.- Read More
January 09 Goals1. Earn Silver star status2. Play 30k hands3. Reach 150 post4. Double Bankroll
Just think of how rich you'll be if you make this your goal all year!

Didn't meet all my goals and hit a very nasty downswing at the end of the month. Will report back tomorrow with graphs, new goals, etc as soon as I hope to make it alive from tonight's festivities.

**** 2008, it was a shit year. Gogogo 2009January Goals.-get drunk more often-spend the least amount of money doing that while still enjoying the taste of what I'm drinking.-girls-$5ktoo easy. Oh maybe like 30k hands or so but that's not really as important as the other goals.

New Goals -No Cash outs - yes-30k hand sof 1/2 LHE - currently played 6.5k and +$500, $2k profit by the end would be nice - really get to grip with the game - 40k and $1k -Platinum Star - easssy-Don't play any tournaments except on Sundays / VIP Freerolls - not quite-Get a new computer of some kind - no
My first month of LHEdecembercomplete.jpglol at how hot I ran relative to my skill level for the first 8k hands. I was pretty clueless til about 19k (and tilty/spewy for a while) and in the last 10k hands I'm running pretty dire.I know where I need to improve and I'm pretty happy with how far I've come so far.January - +$2k , 30k+ hands. Beat 1/2 for 2 + BB/100.
This and- 0 MTTs in January - see more daylight when I'm in grindmode.- I'd like to move up to 2/4 by Febobv I made the $2k goal at about hand 8000,

Meh, only goals I made for December were to play 20k hands and earn ironman on ftp. Made ironman without much problem, only played about 16k hands though. Did alright for the month, made about $1500 including rakeback. Split off some funds on to Stars to take advantage of their reload bonus. Free money is +ev.Goals for January...15k hands of plo50 (or 100 if I run well and can play properly rolled), clear both the year end ironman bonus on ftp and the deposit bonus on stars, make money.Good luck boys.

I started out this December with 0 in the Pstars bank and won a few freeroll dollars on the way. I'm in the process of moving cities so redepositing isn't at the top of my list. I only have a few dollars in there now so I"m making a goal of grinding the low LH. Hopefully enough to move up to .05/.10 level. Mixing in a few micro SNG's/MTT's for fun. That is all.[/i]
Had a good month turning my few freeroll dollars into $98.16. Started with micro LH and worked up to shortstacking 10NL for a while. Micro TD helped out a lot also. PLO and Stud were pretty stagnant but also didn't put many hands in on either. I just felt like I was going to stick with what was working at the moment until it tells me otherwise. January Goals-Bankroll up to $300-Make a deep run in an MTT-DON"T jump stakes. I have a bad habit of running well and then sticking a large portion of my roll on a higher table.Other goals-Start being more physical. Running, weights, eating right. I really slouched off the last 4 months and lost a lot of definition on my body because of it. I really need to get into a rhythem and stick with it. Starts with January.Good Luck.

This is my first time doing a goals list, but I figured I should start setting some goals so that I can finally do what I've been wanting to do, and that's get better at poker. I looked through the 2008 Results thread, and it really gave me the fire back to take this seriously. So........that said, I'm going to do things right....January Goals:- Read as much of the NL Challenge Thread as humanly possible- Read through the NL strategy forum- Get a subscription to a training site (Cardrunners, PokerVT, etc.......not sure which one I should do......researching the forums to find out)- Get either PokerTracker 3 or HEM, and figure out how to use them (And do the research on the forum first to decide which is best)- Rail any willing FCPers to help learnHopefully this is the start of something special.......

Dec:I'm not setting any solid goals,:Trying to hit my best month ever Thanks to a last minute donkey donating PASSPlay good thinking pokers, fresh, focussed and untilted 90% PASSPossibly work on adding another table if results go well - if they do i'm in with a shout for Ironman of some sort Ironman was never in the running, still working on the 2nd table
Dec.jpgDecember was a good month for me, im happy with it - the 10% when I wasn't playing clear/untilted I lost about 2-2.5BI, but happy with the overall resultJanuary Goals:-Get 2nd table fully implemeted so I feel comfy with it-Get as much clearheaded/focussed play in as possible-Watch some DC vids on the maths side-Get my ass to the gym and back in shape

Here is my first shot at setting some goals. January 2009Poker-10k Hands, small but I plan on single tabling and really focusing on bettering my fundamentals and staying completely focused.-Focus on roping in the emotional/instinctual side of my game.-Stay in the black for the monthLife-Don't be such a little bitch all the time :club:

This is my first time doing a goals list, but I figured I should start setting some goals so that I can finally do what I've been wanting to do, and that's get better at poker. I looked through the 2008 Results thread, and it really gave me the fire back to take this seriously. So........that said, I'm going to do things right....January Goals:- Read as much of the NL Challenge Thread as humanly possible- Read through the NL strategy forum- Get a subscription to a training site (Cardrunners, PokerVT, etc.......not sure which one I should do......researching the forums to find out)- Get either PokerTracker 3 or HEM, and figure out how to use them (And do the research on the forum first to decide which is best)- Rail any willing FCPers to help learnHopefully this is the start of something special.......
I strongly recommend Deucescracked.
I strongly recommend Deucescracked.
Thank you! I actually searched the forum (for all the newbs out there, the "Search" function ACTUALLY WORKS) and saw DC mentioned, and numerous people saying it was good. I've already decided on them. :)I really appreciate the advice too. Its nice to see I'm not in this alone.

Thank you for the advice everyone. After weighing the options I was planning on going with HEM too. Any other recommendations you all can make for someone who wants to learn? I've been playing poker for years, and I've been through the whole cycle of depositing, building up the money, then withdrawing/losing it all. I know how to play, and I know a lot of the concepts, but I NEED to get better. So, anything else you all can offer would be great. :)Thanks again for all your help!

December started terrible with a 15 buyin downswing (couple from tilt after the endless coolers/suckouts) End of the month worked out better and got 9 of them back and broke even for the month with some money from the stars world record tourney. Goals for JanuaryPlay more hands (shooting for 20-30k)If the month is going well start mixing in a table or 2 of 25nlTake more time to think about decisions and develope a plan for the rest of the hand. (even the seemingly simple ones)Rewatch relevent DC videos and newer ones.

In 2009 , i want to learn what happened to Actuary.
he seemed to slowly lose interest. he also kept coming up with these interesting elaborate ideas about things. i guess that a lot of it was that he wanted to try to think about and argue these things as a mental exercise. instead of debating with him everybody just said like "no no no thats not how you play that hand you play it like this" which probably chased him away some. he has a great poker mind and was fun to talk with. plus he was the only person to PM a very nice message when i went into detox for substance abuse about two years ago. am i writing a eulogy here? lol.....