Hello folks, n00b presenting himself. :club: First of all, I don't have the situation I'm about to describe converted to a userfriendly format, so if that is a demand for you to answer my question, stop reading right here, sorry I took your time.The reason I don't have the hand converted in the nifty way most other posters have, is that the site I play at isn't supported in the converter tool. (Svenska Spel, a swedish site I mostly hang out at, since I'm a swede, and since there's usually relatively easy money waiting for me there.)Anyway, the currency here is SEK, a $ is approximatly 6.5 SEK when this is written, and the game is micro-NL (1/2 SEK), full ring game.I'll do some feeble attempts to somewhat replicate the converter tools text when I try to describe the situation.Villain is a player who doesn't play many hands, and when he do, he plays them hard. When he leads, he mostly checkraise in order to maintain the lead when he pf raises and has position and was being bet into on the flop. In this particular hand, I therefore (preflop) put him on a class A-hand, but after the turn I wasn't so sure ...Anyway, here goes ....Hero pos 5 (counting the dealerbutton as pos 1.)Villain pos 7 Hero : 647 SEKVillain : 475 SEKPreflop:Hero is dealt 7c 7sHero posts blind 2 SEKVillain raises to 8 SEK(All folds, Hero calls)FLOP : 5c, 6s, 9sHero checks, Villain bets 16 SEK, Hero calls.TURN : TsHero checks, Villain bets 40SEK, Hero callsRiver : 7hHero bets 130 SEK, Villain (after quite some thinking) calls ...Now, I don't post the villains cards, but since I made a post about this, you probably can figure out that I lost it. I realize that your reasoning might go along the lines of : "Hey, he bet on flop and turn, and there's a obvious flush out there, you deserve to get beat by it!". I can accept that line of reasoning, but what I really wanna know is, what is the cheapest way to to find out where I stand, if the turn isn't an option? In my opinion, the flop isn't a good idea, I would be called (or raised) by a overpair, and the (relatively large) riverbet didn't make him go away either. Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks in advance.

Thank you for taking the time to convert the hand yourself.The forum members will certainly appreciate it.I'm not the greatest NL player, but I think you should fold the turn here. I don't mind the flop peel with the gutshot and set outs, and the chance that we're ahead, but I think villain tells us we're behind when he bets big on the turn.Also, the preflop action isn't very clear. Did you open limp, and call the raise? Or were you posting, as it was your first hand at the table? Or were you in a blind? I don't understand how you did the positions either.Welcome to the forum, anyways.Cheers.- Zach

Thank you for taking the time to convert the hand yourself.The forum members will certainly appreciate it.I'm not the greatest NL player, but I think you should fold the turn here. I don't mind the flop peel with the gutshot and set outs, and the chance that we're ahead, but I think villain tells us we're behind when he bets big on the turn.Also, the preflop action isn't very clear. Did you open limp, and call the raise? Or were you posting, as it was your first hand at the table? Or were you in a blind? I don't understand how you did the positions either.Welcome to the forum, anyways.Cheers.- Zach
Thanks for the welcome, here's a clarification (I hope) :When I wrote :Hero pos 5 (counting the dealerbutton as pos 1.)Villain pos 7 I meant that Hero was sitting in position 3 after the BB, and when I wrote :Hero posts blind 2 SEKI meant that I was just limping, calling the BB. Bad choice of words, looking at it in retrospect ...I had been playing quite a few hands before this one, which lead me to the view of the Villain I described in my original post.

And everyone had folded to you preflop?I'd probably be raising this hand first in, but I know some people would rather limp, but I think it depends on the table. I just know some people are going to want to comment on it, and I was hoping we could clear it up, first. :club:

And everyone had folded to you preflop?I'd probably be raising this hand first in, but I know some people would rather limp, but I think it depends on the table. I just know some people are going to want to comment on it, and I was hoping we could clear it up, first. :club:
Yes, everyone did fold to me preflop, the person between me and Villain also did, and after Villains preflopraise everyone folded to me. I don't usually raise pf with 77 in an early position, since it's kind'a common, in my opinion, to get outplayed by overcards on the flop. If I don't hit my set or open ended straightdraw or something, I'm kind'a bust if more than one player calls me.

As played, I think the river bet could be smaller. Maybe 90.We want him to call with an overpair, but he's going to see the straight and flush possibilities and slow down.

Anyway, the currency here is SEK, a $ is approximatly 6.5 SEK when this is written, and the game is micro-NL (1/2 SEK), full ring game.
For some reason, your currency amuses me. Maybe it's because mine makes me so sad. Anyway, fold the turn. It's not really a good card for you.

Raise preflop, fold turn.

Yeah, I guess that IS what I should do. The reasons I didn't is that I put him on an overpair, and I thought Villain was the type of player who just wouldn't let go of those easily, putting me on one as well. (Remember, this is micro-limit, and where I play, I've seen this type of play lots of times...)Anyway, as I said, Villain called the riverbet and showed pocket tens, which surprised me big time.As previous posters have pointed out, the turn is the card the sucked the juice out of me, and I should've laid the hand down suspecting Villain either had a flush or a hand that was in too good shape against mine. Lesson learned, thanks guys.