<<official Miami Heat Thread">>

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody watch the Heat Rockets game last night... before it got bad? The sideline reporter chick was one of the worst of all time. At halftime interview she called Wade Lebron... I lol'ed... she also stuttered everytime they went to her. At first I felt bad for her... but then I didn't because I realized the only reason she got that job was because she was good looking.

Anybody watch the Heat Rockets game last night... before it got bad? The sideline reporter chick was one of the worst of all time. At halftime interview she called Wade Lebron... I lol'ed... she also stuttered everytime they went to her. At first I felt bad for her... but then I didn't because I realized the only reason she got that job was because she was good looking.
I watched it....I felt bad for her also.
I told ya Shaq would get injured.....great!
best thing that could happen to them. Role players get more reps so they feel involved....more time for dorell wright. Shaq gets rest. He needs it.They need him to conserve for the playoffs. Their only concern should be finishing in the top 6 in the conference. This is their last realistic shot at a championship and all they have to do is gel at the right time like last year. Resting Shaq only helps that goal.My biggest concern is they need to find a way to get Wade some rest. Not sure hwo they can do it.
best thing that could happen to them. Role players get more reps so they feel involved....more time for dorell wright. Shaq gets rest. He needs it.They need him to conserve for the playoffs. Their only concern should be finishing in the top 6 in the conference. This is their last realistic shot at a championship and all they have to do is gel at the right time like last year. Resting Shaq only helps that goal.My biggest concern is they need to find a way to get Wade some rest. Not sure hwo they can do it.
Unless they make a move, they can't, simple as that. Walker and Payton have been no-shows, Williams is still out with an injury...Wade damn near carried them to a win last night, but someone else has to step up or Miami will miss the playoffs. If Wade either gets hurt or severely fatigued from the past eight months, they don't have a chance even in the weak East.
Unless they make a move, they can't, simple as that. Walker and Payton have been no-shows, Williams is still out with an injury...Wade damn near carried them to a win last night, but someone else has to step up or Miami will miss the playoffs. If Wade either gets hurt or severely fatigued from the past eight months, they don't have a chance even in the weak East.
from what I have seen through 13 games, they should be playing dorell wright 40 minutes a night. He is young and he is trying harder than anyone on both ends. 13 rebounds friday then 14 saturday playing mostly SG and SF. Very impressive.
from what I have seen through 13 games, they should be playing dorell wright 40 minutes a night. He is young and he is trying harder than anyone on both ends. 13 rebounds friday then 14 saturday playing mostly SG and SF. Very impressive.
The way he's played the last five games, they really should be. Him and Haslem have both been solid, but the main problem is that neither scores a whole lot. Haslem's pretty much a 15 and 10 and that's about it (although he certainly puts those up consistently).Walker played a little better last night, but Payton was horrible and James Posey missed another game. It really seems like they'll have to make a deal to pick up some scoring at some point, since Haslem is their second best at just 13 a game.

I agree that the Heat are playing Wade way too hard right now. The way they are playing him, Wade won't have anything left. I thought the Heat would start off slow but this is ridiculous.That said, the East stinks far more than I anticipated, and I was already down on the East before the season began. Dont count out the Heat though. As bad as they've played, they still hold the 8th spot in the East rankings. And I dont think they can play worse than they are right now.

That said, the East stinks far more than I anticipated, and I was already down on the East before the season began. Dont count out the Heat though. As bad as they've played, they still hold the 8th spot in the East rankings. And I dont think they can play worse than they are right now.
Agreed. And what is the split, something like 11 of 15 teams over .500 in the West and 11 of 15 under in the East? It's even more ridiculous than it's been for the past five years.
I agree that the Heat are playing Wade way too hard right now. The way they are playing him, Wade won't have anything left. I thought the Heat would start off slow but this is ridiculous.That said, the East stinks far more than I anticipated, and I was already down on the East before the season began. Dont count out the Heat though. As bad as they've played, they still hold the 8th spot in the East rankings. And I dont think they can play worse than they are right now.
indeed. I predicted before the season that we would see some sort of coasting effort all regular season from them. Akin to the Rockets second title season where they finished 6th seed and then turned on the afterburners.I see the Heat finishing btw 4th and 7th and then running the East.(and then they get crushed in the finals this time by DAL/SA/x)
indeed. I predicted before the season that we would see some sort of coasting effort all regular season from them. Akin to the Rockets second title season where they finished 6th seed and then turned on the afterburners.
The circumstances under which the Rockets repeated were way different than what the Heat are trying to do. The Rockets slumped the whole year, but they werent terrible. Then at around the trade deadline they made a move for Drexler. Drexler was a future hall of famer who was hungry for a ring, and his skills greatly changed the way the Rockets played ball. Those 2 Rockets teams were totally different animals. If it wasnt for Hakeem and Drexler being old college teammates, I dont think it wouldve worked.The Heat may need to make a deal. There's no telling how healthy Shaw will be whenever he gets back, and Wade might not have anything left in the tank come playoff time.
  • 4 weeks later...

I like the Heat's chances as long as Wade is healthy. 40pts, 11asts, 4 blks, 4 steals!?!?!?!? He is toooo goot.They will sneak into the playoffs and then turn on the afterburners.

I like the Heat's chances as long as Wade is healthy. 40pts, 11asts, 4 blks, 4 steals!?!?!?!? He is toooo goot.They will sneak into the playoffs and then turn on the afterburners.
Shooting over 50% from the field too... just a dominating performance. When they get completely healthy they are going to still give anyone and everyone fits in the playoffs.
  • 1 month later...

Best developing sign for the Heat....Jason Kapono. I have never seen anyone shoot like this. Over 55% on 3s? 6 of 7 from downtown last night?!?!?I am more surprised now when he misses a 3 pt shot than when he hits. Having him to spread the floor with Shaq back is crucial. Shaq and Wade's games both require that good shooters be stationed on the outside and Kapono is probably the best 3 pt shooter shaq has ever played with. Plus his torrid shooting makes it so much harder for teams to double shaq or wade because they have to be careful not to bring a double team with Kapono's defender. He is too automatic on open shots. Good stuff.Now if only they would glue Toine to the bench.......

I can't figure that guy out, so much talent, total headcase. They should trade him.
Not plausible since he is owed 8 mill a year for 4 more years. Hopefully he is embarrassed by his own play and retires gracefully.He really played well in last year's playoffs.....but he looks old and tired this year.
Not plausible since he is owed 8 mill a year for 4 more years. Hopefully he is embarrassed by his own play and retires gracefully.He really played well in last year's playoffs.....but he looks old and tired this year.
Yea a diet of deep fat fried snickers bars prob didn't help.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How about Shaq against the Pistons! 31 points, 15 rebounds, and 6 assists! Who says he's done?Seriously, that's an impressive game. And doing it against the Piston's, who are clearly the best team in the East, shows that Shaq still has some gas left in the tank.

How about Shaq against the Pistons! 31 points, 15 rebounds, and 6 assists! Who says he's done?Seriously, that's an impressive game. And doing it against the Piston's, who are clearly the best team in the East, shows that Shaq still has some gas left in the tank.
why the pistons single team him obsessively is beyond me. Shaq was pretty awful in the NBA Finals last year but he had a very solid series against Detroit (including a big game in the clincher, game six). Dallas doubled him often with great success.I was at the game and it was an electric atmosphere as loud as last year's playoffs in the 4th quarter. Very fun. I wish Miami would support the Heat like this more often! (I have been to 15 games this year and the crowd has been great for only three games: the opener, the Cavs during Super Bowl week, and tonight.)If Shaq plays even close to this level then the Heat make the playoffs. If Wade comes back at 90% who knows. I still cant see them beating either Dallas or Phoenix under any circumstances but I could see them somehow getting thru the East. (If the Heat had Wade and the 7 seed or better I give them 40% odds of winning the East.) I just want to see some playoff games at least.