Dannyg's Illness

I have a fever. Sports betting fever. And the only cure is jazz flute. Since I don't see any of that around, I'm placing sports bets. This is not going to be nearly as entertaining as Biatch's, and I don't have time to research hilarious things like betting teams that are favourites for some reason while being winless, etc. I do loooove getting better than 2:1 though.So far I look like a sucker - lots of favourites and overs. This trend is very likely to be reversed in the future, just liked a few over lines today, and I think the favourites are undervalued in the NFL. I plan on taking the under for pretty much every Blues game and Lundqvist start. Note that all bets are placed on Pinnacle or bet365, and I'm often adjusting lines because its fun. I may place 0-2 bets on any St. Louis under if I like the line (or not) that game, but the running line assumes 1 unit/game.St. Louis Under total: +0.81 unitsRunning total: +0 unitsBets placed so far:NFL:(2 units) New Orleans -3.5 (2.03) over SFRESULT - not yet played. Odds are up to 2.13 now. Dang.Denver/NE - Over 50 (1.98)RESULT - not yet played.Baltimore -9 (2.12) over HoustonRESULT - not yet played.NYG/GB - Over 53.5 (1.935)RESULT - not yet played. Odds are now up to 1.971. Dang.(2 units) Super Bowl Winner - Packers or Patriots (1.685)RESULT - not yet played.NHL:(2 units) Boston -1.5 (2.43) over Hurricanes RESULT - not yet played.NYR/TOR Over 5.5 (2.24)RESULT - not yet played. Biron and Reimer confirmed as starters.SJ/CLB Over 5.5 (2.15)RESULT - not yet played. Greiss and Sanford confirmed as starters.(2 units) MIN/ST.L Under 4.5 (2.49)RESULT - not yet played. Ken Hitchcock should change his name to DDD DDDDDDDDD

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Extremely simple formula. I compare bet365's odds to Pinnacle's. When I talk about "equity," I am referring just to the implied percentage return if we assume Pinnacle's lines are perfect.   For e

Love it. Go buddy. Are you putting a unit on each game? How many units you starting with?
Good question! I came back on here to clarify just that. The above is now edited with units. Typically, I'll be betting 0.5-1 unit per game, saving 2 units for exceptional circumstances. I bet 2 units on a bunch of stuff today because I got all excited with my new account. Won't usually happen, even though my units are quite small, because I have no illusions of actually being able to wager profitably, so the bigger the unit is just a bigger expected loss.I deposited 20 units to Pinnacle, will be depositing 40 to bet365. Will look at other site's bonuses and may deposit there as well, in particular a British site or two for Ollie's golf bets if the bonus is good. Pinnacle's parlays are BS and doesn't offer E/W golf bets.

lol I'm sad this won't be anywhere near as entertaining as biatch's, but I hope to throw on some college games when biatch recommends. with a new baby coming in about 12 days, i'll be paying very little attention to this, just looking to have some fun and distract myself from the 19 million things I should be worrying about right now.

lol I'm sad this won't be anywhere near as entertaining as biatch's, but I hope to throw on some college games when biatch recommends. with a new baby coming in about 12 days, i'll be paying very little attention to this, just looking to have some fun and distract myself from the 19 million things I should be worrying about right now.
mine isn't entertaining.
Good question! I came back on here to clarify just that. The above is now edited with units. Typically, I'll be betting 0.5-1 unit per game, saving 2 units for exceptional circumstances. I bet 2 units on a bunch of stuff today because I got all excited with my new account. Won't usually happen, even though my units are quite small, because I have no illusions of actually being able to wager profitably, so the bigger the unit is just a bigger expected loss.I deposited 20 units to Pinnacle, will be depositing 40 to bet365. Will look at other site's bonuses and may deposit there as well, in particular a British site or two for Ollie's golf bets if the bonus is good. Pinnacle's parlays are BS and doesn't offer E/W golf bets.
nice. good luck buddddddy

arggg, my first night of betting is already a bust. wife is actually feeling well enough to leave the house (first time in a while), so we're going to see the muppets movie. i won't even get to follow my bets!

arggg, my first night of betting is already a bust. wife is actually feeling well enough to leave the house (first time in a while), so we're going to see the muppets movie. i won't even get to follow my bets!
thats why u make up that ur working a part time. thats what i told my gf. i really did get a job at lululemon, but i dont start until tmw. i told her i was working all day today so i could watch basketball & football. i hate the muppets. puppets give me nightmares.

Dan, you and your wife should really go see a different movie. You're having a child soon...and then probably another. The majority of the movies you watch over the next decade+ will be muppetlike movies.

Dan, you and your wife should really go see a different movie. You're having a child soon...and then probably another. The majority of the movies you watch over the next decade+ will be muppetlike movies.
heh i know, but we're both suckers for kids movies, so it's basically a foregone conclusion. The other consideration was to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D...i voted muppets!I'd be happy watching only muppets movies for the next decade - don't really care about movies really. So long as I can watch IASIP and stuff like that later.
I have a fever. Sports betting fever. And the only cure is jazz flute. Since I don't see any of that around, I'm placing sports bets. This is not going to be nearly as entertaining as Biatch's, and I don't have time to research hilarious things like betting teams that are favourites for some reason while being winless, etc. I do loooove getting better than 2:1 though.So far I look like a sucker - lots of favourites and overs. This trend is very likely to be reversed in the future, just liked a few over lines today, and I think the favourites are undervalued in the NFL. I plan on taking the under for pretty much every Blues game and Lundqvist start. Note that all bets are placed on Pinnacle or bet365, and I'm often adjusting lines because its fun. I may place 0-2 bets on any St. Louis under if I like the line (or not) that game, but the running line assumes 1 unit/game.St. Louis Under total: +0.81 unitsBeginning of day total: +0 unitsBets placed so far:NFL:(2 units) New Orleans -3.5 (2.03) over SFRESULT: -2 unitsDenver/NE - Over 50 (1.98)RESULT: +0.98 unitsNHL:(2 units) Boston -1.5 (2.43) over Hurricanes RESULT: -2 unitsNYR/TOR Over 5.5 (2.24)RESULT: -1 unit.SJ/CLB Over 5.5 (2.15)RESULT: -1 unit.(2 units) MIN/ST.L Under 4.5 (2.49) - adjusted, original line of 5.0 (push)RESULT: -2 units
Only game from Biatch's list I could find that was still active:NBAWashington +8 over 76ers (1.901)RESULT: -1 unit
In later betting, took Denver +14 at 1.99 and 2.01 (1 unit each).RESULT: -2 unitsSo far...things don't look good. Lost two units on New Orleans - didn't see the game, but seems like it was fantastic. New Orleans was probably the better team, but SF put together an impressive offence, and 5 turnovers is just impossible to overcome.My overs are also looking terrible. So far backup goalies Biron, Greiss and Sanford have combined to give up 2 goals in 7 periods of hockey.edit - goddamnit, now Carolina with a late goal, so Boston needs another plus an empty-netter. yucko.edit2 - i might be broke by the end of the night!edit3 - I desparately need that St. Louis game under. So of course St. L just scores 2, and now I need to sweat another 25 minutes without much room. Felt pretty good about this game at 1-0.Running total: -10.02 unitsTotal: -10.02 unitsSt. Louis Under total: +0.81 units.

Funny, I was planning on betting New England all week. Seems like Vegas has been favouring them too, with Denver getting most of the bets, but the line holding, and eventually increasing. Then I'm taking a piss after the movie, and I think to myself "Denver has good D, and can score on NE, game's gotta be close!" Come home, see a better line than I'm expecting, put down 2 units.Apparently I forgot Denver's defence has actually sucked for the last few weeks, since the KC game doesn't count. And of course Belichick/Brady in the playoffs is money in the bank. I'm sad I didn't put a lot of money on that Patriots/Packers Super Bowl bet, they're both head and shoulders above in their conference.I'm putting 2 units in the Patriots next week no matter what :club:

Alright, since Biatch guaranteed me wins for tomorrow, I've tilted off the rest of my balance. Put 2 units on each on Baltimore, adjusted line to -9.5 (2.24) and Green Bay, adjusted line to -8.5 (2.14).I really like both teams to dominate - Baltimore to be able to rush more or less at will, and cover well enough to stop the pass while stuffing Foster/Tate. I just think NYG are over-hyped at this point, would've loved to take GB at -13.5 or something at 3:1. GB dominates everyone, and NYG has crap corners. Rodgers will pick it apart. NYG will score points for sure, but just don't see them keeping up. Sounds obvious, but I'll probably drop a unit on the over.Will clean up this ugly thread once tonight's game is over.

Baltimore -9 (2.12) over HoustonRESULT - not yet played.(2 units) Baltimore -9.5 (2.24) over HoustonRESULT: not yet playedNYG/GB - Over 53.5 (1.935)RESULT - not yet played. Odds are now up to 1.971. Dang.(2 units) GB -8.5 over NYG (2.14)RESULT: not yet played.(2 units) Super Bowl Winner - Packers or Patriots (1.685)RESULT - not yet played.Prop - Ray Rice will score TD (1.645)RESULT - not yet played.NYR -1.5 over Montreal (3.19)RESULT - not yet played.