Online Poker’S Ultimate Gaming Folds After 19 Months

Alexandre Dreyfus ‏@alex_dreyfus 3h3 hours ago

I believe that Ultimate Poker lost $30m to $50m (acquisition, development, operations & marketing) I wish I'd have half of it for GPI :)

James Sullivan ‏@JD_Sully 3m3 minutes ago

“@alex_dreyfus: I believe that Ultimate Poker lost $30m to $50m (acquisition, development, operations & marketing)” - Almost 2X that amount.

I went to Vegas this spring and played on both WSOP and Ultimate. The ultimate software was good and there were a decent amount of low stakes games going, but yeah - you need serious traffic to handle the start-up and regulatory costs.

gg, Ultimate Poker

That 50-60M might have been better spent lobbying for more states or federal - we need some liquidity!

36 min. TL;WW

Cliffs?

He goes into the good and bad from behind the scenes. Some interesting tid bits if you are interested in how online gaming companies operate.

Terrance Chan has an interesting background.

He posted on RGP when he was young and from that was one of the original employees at Poker Stars and ended up as their first Customer Service Manager. He left Stars because he could make a lot more money playing poker and was a very successful online player. He used to beat the 500/1000 Heads up limit games on the old FCP card room for example.

Ultimate hired him as one of their first employees since he has the experience in getting Stars off the ground plus all of his poker experience.

I don't think I got a whole lot out of that. It was painfully long for very little in substance.

Yah, it does go on too long.

I found it interesting but it for sure won't interest most people at that length

Ultimate Failure!! I say we all pitch in and buy the site. We could rebrand it to something like.........We don't cheat our players! or We have no connections to Ultimate Bet..... honestly!!

How about Honest Phil's Poker! I like the sound of that one!