• Please log in to reply
18970 replies to this topic

#18961 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,709 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:25 PM

I dont understand the concept of putting a different lineup in for Champions League..You put the best lineup out there to get the max points, anything else is voodoo white magic bs to fool yourself. (I know I have done it at times.)
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#18962 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,630 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted Yesterday, 03:09 PM

serge, on 19 October 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

I dont understand the concept of putting a different lineup in for Champions League..You put the best lineup out there to get the max points, anything else is voodoo white magic bs to fool yourself. (I know I have done it at times.)
Lineup matchups
Hedging bets
Reducing variance
You need to edumacate yourself if you want to win a championship.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#18963 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,709 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:15 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 19 October 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

Lineup matchups
Hedging bets
Reducing variance
You need to edumacate yourself if you want to win a championship.

There is some merit to it, but its still white magic
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#18964 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,395 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:25 PM

digitalmonkey, on 19 October 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

Well, you weren't picked last, Serge lol

Was I picked last?

#18965 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,630 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:42 PM

Babying, on 19 October 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Was I picked last?

Cheap Thieves lol
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#18966 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,395 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:56 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 19 October 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Cheap Thieves lol

Damn I was hoping it was me. I want to be first in something

#18967 bigguyren68

bigguyren68

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:omaha, hi-low stud

Posted Yesterday, 04:08 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 19 October 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Cheap Thieves lol

With only 3 teams left Dale picked Broadway and Ingman which left me with Cheap Thieves.

#18968 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,395 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:00 PM

View Postbigguyren68, on 19 October 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

With only 3 teams left Dale picked Broadway and Ingman which left me with Cheap Thieves.

Damn you Dale.

#18969 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,835 posts

Posted Today, 03:21 AM

I posted a new rule proposal to expand the Toews Rule in the forum so please discuss it there.

http://www.alternati...pic.php?t=10178
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#18970 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,630 posts

Posted Today, 06:27 AM

I'd like more clarification on the Aho rule, please.

The rule states "called up" implying the player must be called up from the farm to the active roster with less than 25 NHL games played and the call up must happen between Nov 1 and spring callups, but we're also making it applicable to waiver pickups who have played less than 25 NHL games at the time of pickup, correct?

#18971 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,630 posts

Posted Today, 06:53 AM

serge, on 19 October 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Example/
I have the following forwards available:

B. Wheeler WPG
B. Ryan OTT
H. Sedin VAN
R. Johansen NSH
S. Couturier PHI
J. Guentzel PIT
A. Lee NYI
M. Johansson NJD
J. Silfverberg ANA
N. Foligno CLB
B. Schenn STL

Guentzel, Wheeler and Johansen are likely going to be in my lineup no matter what, but the other three forwards are yet to be decided.

I'm playing the Whalers in the Champions League game. The fact that Arp has J.Voracek, J.Eberle and M. Wood in his lineup might be enough to persuade me to dress S. Couturier, A. Lee and M. Johansson. Voracek and Couturier are on the same line so if Philly goes nuts (aka plays WSH again) then I'm hoping that the point differential between those two players is either even or in my favour. If Philly gets shutout then we both have a dud and hopefully my depth can be the difference.

At the same time I'm playing the Shortstackers in the regular league game. He has M. Stone in his lineup so I put B. Ryan in mine.

As it stands now, I can only submit one lineup so I focus on the regular game and don't even know if/who I'm playing in the CL until Ortenzio tells me. If I could submit different lineups then I'd pay attention to the CL.

It's far from voodoo white magic bs.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users