#301 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,147 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

uncertainty
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#302 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,930 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

Really interesting article from Daniel AlbertFour Factors Explain Why What We're Doing Isn't WorkingRead more: http://www.economoni.../#ixzz21dKMaLwf
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#303 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,147 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

loading up on 30y debt at 3.5% is a really nice thought but I don't think it's realistic. the bid-to-cover on 30y is pretty solid but would cease to be if the government were to tweak their balancing just a little, I think. unfortunately most of it is shorter duration, which means we're going to get blasted over the course of the next decade if we're still >100% debt:gdp. it hurts, a lot, to struggle through this, but no matter what the government does, people are still going to be broke from the 2002-2006 sugar high. best-case improves our lot a little bit, worst-case makes the pain far worse and longer-lasting.audit the fed bill passes the housethe dem's response here is pretty much what I'd say. I tend to think the GAO is apolotical but this is the first step in making monetary policy subject to political whim. REALLY not a good thing, basically the opposite of what people like paul want.I asked one of my co-temps, a mid-30s woman, what her education was. "programming" she said. I asked what she was doing at an accounting shop with that background. "when I graduated, it was the dot com bubble, and the programming jobs went away." I mean, obvious, absurd, ridiculous excuse. this was like a month ago. I've been dwelling on it ever since, because **** if I don't see the similarities between her excuse and mine.
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#304 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,930 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

The level of economic knowledge of the average Member of Congress is laughably low. The thought that they would set Monetary Policy is scary.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#305 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,147 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

yeah, just watch one or two Q&A sessions when bernanke is testifying on the hill if you need evidence of this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users