Few Hands From My Session

Hi guys, just wanted some feedback from a few hands i played today.Limit: $80-$200 $1/$2 Blinds 9-max tableThe table: had a sucky table draw had a tough reg to my immdeiate right and half the table was filled with regs, with a couple of TAGs and only 2 standard fish (yea i know could of picked a better table but thats all that was available at the time and i really wanted to play and didn't want to wait an hr for a decent seat to open up)note: Stack sizes are a rough estimate it was a live game.Hand one:- Hero: 4c 5c UTG + 2- 5 players to the flop in a limped pot (pot $10)- Flop: Kc 4s 5d - SB (stack $160) bets $5, BB (Stack $530) Re-Raises $15, Hero (stack $470) 3-Bets to $30, Cut-off and Button Folds, SB 4-Bets $97, BB Folds, Action on Hero.Information on the Villain: The SB is a young gentlemen who had been playing pretty tight and has only been on the table for about an hr theres not much information on the Villain, prior to this hand he has played < 5 hands and got stacked once AK V AA all in pre. (our Villain 3-bet from the BB after a raise and a Flat from Cut-off, Button and SB, UTG +1 Limper Shoved all in for $80 into a pot of $65, our Villain made the call for an extra $50). Other 4 odd hands he just check-mucked.Ill post my thoughts and result of the hand after i get a few feed back :)Hand Two:Hero (Stack $510): Qh Qd UTG +2Pre-Flop: Hero opens for $8, Folds around to SB, SB (Stack $230) Re raises to $23, BB Folds, Hero FlatsFlop: Jd 3c 5h (pot $48)- SB bets $34, Hero Flats.Turn: 3d (pot $116)- SB Checks, Hero bets $45, SB Check Raises to $93, Action on Hero.Information on Villain: It was the same player from hand one, this hand occurred about 40 minutes from hand one. During that 40min the villain played abit more hands then his perceived image roughly 7/15 of total hands delt in the time (he played less then 5 hands in the first hour),Again ill leave my thoughts and the result of the hand after a few feed backs :)Hand Three:Hero (Stack $380) : As Qs SBPre-flop: Limped around to UTG + 3, UTG + 3 Raises to $14, Cut-off Calls, Button Calls, Hero Re-Raises to $46, UTG Shoves for $100, Folds around to Hero, Action on Hero.Pot:$94Information on villain: a Super tight reg, vertually played no hands in 3 hrs, i feel his hand range consists of AA,KK,QQ,JJ, AK and Possibly AQ, only few hands that his played showed down AA KK QQ, and only won the bare minimum other then that his been blinding off and enjoying his cup a tea while reading his news paper :/Would Appreciate some feed back on these three hands :)what would you do in Hero's spot in these three hands and why?Thank-You :club:~Ank~

Hand One: I don't like the amount of the reraise you make on the flop. I'd probably pop to $50, but no less than $40. You're just pricing them in with the small reraise, if they are drawing to a straight. By the way you played it by 3 betting small, you play yourself into a tough spot. I definitely don't see calling his 4bet - you're either folding or putting him in. I'm prolly putting him in, in the belief that if he flopped a set, he wouldn't be that aggressive and would just call your bet.Hand Two: Raising preflop really is player-specific. While I'd raise to at least 10, I can't fault your line there. And I have no problem with your flatting pre. What troubles me is the flatting on the flop. I'd like to put in a raise on the flop. If he plays back, then you have some more information. With just a flat call on the flop, and your bet after he checks the turn, you have zero information on his hand. So when he plays back, you again have put yourself in a tough situation. You bet small on the turn, about 1/3 of the pot, which opens it up for him to make a play if he thinks your weak - but you're not, card-wise. But having zero information on the hand, you're weak in that way. I'm probably folding here, only because I have zero information based on the way we've played the hand.Hand Three: I am not reraising preflop. As played, and since he's shoving for just a little more than double your bet, I am calling here all day - due to the pot size and your price to call.

Hand #1 ... Bigger re-raise on Flop for sure. As it turns out it may not have been a bad thing as you only have $32 invested here so far and you have a player basically shoving into 2 raisers. Very polarizing (maybe even tilty) but I think you just ran into a SB special where he has a better 2-pair or set. It is possible that he is doing this with AK but you don't know enough about him. Does he really think this is the right play with AK? I probably fold face up and look for a reaction as I think you are behind more times than not. You only have $25 or so dead money to go with $160 v $160. I would be shocked if he folded to a shove, but I have seen it!! Could be an idiot TPTK play, especially with 2 small raises, but I dont feel good about this one and the price is too much to find out.Hand #2 ... Your game seems big/deep based on your stack sizing in the descriptions. Why only $8 for the #3 opening hand, is this 'standard' at your table for UTGish position openers or just your standard opening bet? Not knowing the results of hand #1, but knowing that you describe this guy as one who loves to get it in I would have come over the top pre-Flop to at least $50, maybe $75 (25% of his stack) ... especially if you folded to him in Hand #1. 3d does nothing to change the hand really. You are either behind or ahead and now he has put you in another polarizing position with either JJ or air ... maybe 55. For that reason (history of big plays) I don't bet the Turn to open the door for this action and pay him off on most Rivers if we are behind. If he has AdKd then he gets a free card, but I dont see this as a AJ/KJ/A3 play pre-Flop. So if he has AA/KK/JJ/55 why build the pot as those make more sense with the pre-Flop raise. I might even check behind on the River just to see his hand as I dont think he calls many River bets he missed on or will c/raises at that time ... which I might consider calling more on River than Turn.Hand #3 ... This is a nice hand to 'steal' with and if you get action, then so be it. So dont feel too bad about that. You are calling $54 into 200 all day as you are priced into everything except AA ... and even that is close. Sounds like a very nice, exciting game ... let us know your results.

Hand one. Need to raise flop bigger. As played I would probably fold given your reads.Hand two. Min c/r's on the turn are very rarely bluffs. I would fold. If you do b/f the turn here , then I think there is some merit to checking the turn and bluff catching the river. Hand three. If you don't know how to react to a 4bet here, then don't 3 bet. Against this guy, i have no idea how you think that 3betting AQs is going to be a profitable play. His range is already really strong verse your hand before you even put out the call.

First let me preface my comments by saying that I don't play a ton of cash these days, so my instincts may certainly be off.Hand #1: I pretty much agree with everyone. I also agree a bigger raise on the flop would have been warranted. I think you are in great danger of being coolered here and since you don't have much committed, I would fold. I mean, if the SB were bluffing, especially semi-bluffing, why would they bet 2/3 of their stack? Why not go all-in? I think the only thing you can hope for by callng/shoving is that the player is bad enough to make this raise with a big K. Even in that case, you're not out of the woods.Hand #2: again, I agree with others here, but here's something else to think about. The c/r on the turn is a fairly advanced play. I don't think he does that with any single pair J, even AJ. If he has an over-pair, he's pretty much counting on you having Jx minimum and being willing to play for your stack. Unless he is a fairly straightforward player, I don't put him on an over-pair here. There just doesn't seem to be a reason to min raise the turn with just an over-pair. I would think he would call or raise more. So, in my mind this opens it up to some other possibilities.option 1: He’s on some sort of bluff....representing the 3. it could be a stone cold bluff, or perhaps he has some sort of straight and/or flush drawoption2: he's made.. JJ or maybe 55. This would explain the fairly small raise.. keep you in if you have draws and maybe get you to commit all your chips if you have an over-pair or good J.As you can see, this makes for a very polarized situation, which makes it an awfully hard decision unless you have a good read on your opponent. I think folding is the safest course of action as I would lean towards option 2 as my read, but this is cash where people tend to take more risks. And if he is capable of bluffing this turn, that opens up other possibilities for his actions in hand #1.Hand #3: The math says call but I certainly wouldn’t think I was in very good shape. You’re praying to see 1010 or JJ here. I kind of doubt UTG has QQ and probably not KK either, but AA and AK are certainly possibilities. If there have been few hands that weren’t raised pre-flop, it pretty much indicates he likely has a big pair or AK.In general, I don’t mind trying to steal the pot pre-fop, or at least squeeze/isolate the original raiser, but I question your bet amount a little. While the UTG shove was a surprise, you have to assume the original raiser is at least going to call your raise here.. Once one hand calls, in my experience, that opens the door for at least one or two hands behind to call with a very wide range. If your raise only accomplishes getting rid of one player, it really hasn’t accomplished much except create a huge pot. If you’re going to try a squeeze, I think you need to bet more.. maybe in the $60 range or even more depending on the nature of the table. Nothing would have changed in this scenario since UTG would still shove, but I think it would have made it more likely you went to the flop against only one villain which is important given your hand and position. I also think a larger raise could get the original raiser to fold a small/medium pair, which I think is a very good result for you.The other thing to consider when deciding whether to squeeze or not is how you will deal with the original raiser. Are they the kind of player who will try to end the hand here with a monster like AA, or KK, or are they looking to play post-flop? What is their chipstack situation. Is calling your pre-flop raise a non-option (ie can they only shove/fold)? If they are a fairly solid player and have a fairly short stack (ie they can’t call your raise) I would probably not try the squeeze here since there’s a fairly good chance the original raiser will raise/go all in In that case, and you’re behind virtually any hand they could have. You’re not a mile behind, unless they have QQ, KK, AA or AK, but you are behind and you have to wonder whether it is worth risking so many chips in a marginal situation. In that scenario, I’m more likely to just call pre-flop and hope to flop either a big hand or a big draw.

First let me preface my comments by saying that I don't play a ton of cash these days, so my instincts may certainly be off.Hand #1: You should 5bet to $150 so you can gauge more information on him and perhaps he'll slow down KK here since if 67 is 90% to win the hand.Hand #2: The c/r is a very advanced play since I love to do it show my opponents I mean business so they'll fold hands I beat but slow down with hands that I don't beat. I can easily get away from a jam because my c/r clearly showed strength therefore they would never do that with a worse hand. You can voluntarily bloat the pot when you don't need to, but at the same time gain valuable information.Hand #3: Math is idiotic.
FYP

Prop bet:what is the over under for the % of people who have met donkinlife who think he is a real d-bag? I open the betting at 75% and I'm thinking that may move up. The over seems to be the safe bet.I would have set a line for those who have experienced donkinlife on this or other message forums, but that would have to start out somewhere near 95%, so it hardly seems like a fair bet.

Prop bet:what is the over under for the % of people who have met donkinlife who think he is a real d-bag? I open the betting at 75% and I'm thinking that may move up. The over seems to be the safe bet.I would have set a line for those who have experienced donkinlife on this or other message forums, but that would have to start out somewhere near 95%, so it hardly seems like a fair bet.
You bite your tongue. Ian is one of the nicest most genuine, cutest md I've ever met.
I've never met the guy before, and I have only been hanging around here for a few years. I was a complete tard when I came here, but donk (Ian) has always been helpful to me. Just be glad this forum is almost dead. I can think of some major asses that use to post here but don't much anymore. In it's prime, someone could really get forum-flamed for talking shit here. That was the great entertainment days. :club:
how much u looking to lose :club:
I've never met the guy before, and I have only been hanging around here for a few years. I was a complete tard when I came here, but donk (Ian) has always been helpful to me. Just be glad this forum is almost dead. I can think of some major asses that use to post here but don't much anymore. In it's prime, someone could really get forum-flamed for talking shit here. That was the great entertainment days. :club:
I'll have to check with a member of the fairer sex, but I believe d-bags come in packs of 4 or more. Hell, you can probably go to Costco and pick up a pack of 2 dozen. So, it would not surprise me if donkinlinfe has a bunch of cohorts. We already know that trueace has a man-sized crush on the dude... not that there's anything wrong with that. I suppose every group needs a pet.What I've seen from donkinlife on this board is that his under-developed communication skills can't keep up with his over-developed sense of self worth. He certainly doesn't have a clue how to argue a position at any level above a 6 year old. If I had to guess I'd say he is one of these young guns punks who consider themselves masters of the universe having accomplished next to nothing while growing up being told how special they are. But, I suppose I shouldn't speculate.Anyhow, donkinlife apparently has a problem with people who don't suck up to him and bow down at the drivel that oozes from his brain. Thats fine. And maybe from time to time he provides generally good poker advice. I have no idea if he's a world class player, or just another wannabe with a set of beats audio earphones and a hoodie. I do get the feeling, however, that he is a world-class ass. If ESPN ever decides to televise the World Series of Being an Ass, my money might be on donkinlife.

Once again, you're given solid, legitimate rebuttal of why your stance is wrong, and yet you refuse to even consider that maybe your judgement on this matter is incorrect. You set the percentage at 75%, are at 0% right now, and continue to argue on why you're right. Just absolutely amazing.I posted probably half a dozen times on why your position was wrong, giving thorough responses each time up until I gave up and decided to ignore you. The fact that everyone in that thread, including myself, friends, and people who I have no connection with told you your thought process is flawed should maybe be a wake-up call that check/raising may be the wrong play. But oh wait, they're just the 25%, right?And no in my life has ever sucked up to me, nor do I ever expect anyone to. Trueace is a friend of mine whose expertise I trust when it comes to poker. We don't agree on everything, nor should we. The fact that you continue to talk about it is a tad weird.It's also really hilarious that you changed the 4 to in, because it makes such a dramatic difference in the name.

im just here to collect on the propbet.. i snapped up and booked while he was drawing dead.. how do i get my monies?

Once again, you're given solid, legitimate rebuttal of why your stance is wrong, and yet you refuse to even consider that maybe your judgement on this matter is incorrect. You set the percentage at 75%, are at 0% right now, and continue to argue on why you're right. Just absolutely amazing.I posted probably half a dozen times on why your position was wrong, giving thorough responses each time up until I gave up and decided to ignore you. The fact that everyone in that thread, including myself, friends, and people who I have no connection with told you your thought process is flawed should maybe be a wake-up call that check/raising may be the wrong play. But oh wait, they're just the 25%, right?And no in my life has ever sucked up to me, nor do I ever expect anyone to. Trueace is a friend of mine whose expertise I trust when it comes to poker. We don't agree on everything, nor should we. The fact that you continue to talk about it is a tad weird.It's also really hilarious that you changed the 4 to in, because it makes such a dramatic difference in the name.
I don't know that we have any solid evidence that we've heard from anyone who has met you, and even if we have, I'm sure you would agree that your pals on this board do not constitute a valid sample group for a scientific poll. As for the other thread, I will admit that, unlike your poodle trueace, you did not become unhinged until later on. He, on the other hand, is a clown and a moron... not necessarily because of a lack of poker knowledge (though I don't have a tremendous amount of evidence to think otherwise), but rather because he apparently doesn't know how to read and compounds that misfortune by making non-sequitor, rambling attacks that are so incoherent that it makes it hard for someone like me to decide whether or not to take him seriously. To argue with him is akin to arguing with a stale piece of bread. You really don’t get anywhere, and the entertainment factor fades in a hurry. Now, for the most part, I would not have put you in the same category until your recent post shenanigans on the other thread and here. But they say people start to resemble their pets, so I suppose it is no shock that you start posting like your best friend trueace. I was willing to let your expletive-laden, hypocritical diatribe in the other thread go since you seemed to run away and hide after it, but then you show up here with some snarky, un-funny remarks that have nothing to do with the topic of this thread and, forgive me, I took it upon myself to poke a little fun at you. Now, it may not look like it, but I don’t actually enjoy verbally beating up folks in forums like these. Its beneath me. It’s not a challenge, and quite frankly, it’s not very nice. But, I do occasionally slip up and I do have my limits. So, the way I see it, we can go one of two ways. We can return to discussing and debating poker in a reasonable, respectful manner (I believe I have always been.. you might want to reread you posts if you’re not sure). Or you can continue down the trueace path of being a clown. I’ll leave it up to you.

Met donk4life in Vegas. Nice guy. Good at poker. Fish at PLO.Same for Trueace except I can't comment on his PLO skills.

Met donk4life in Vegas. Nice guy. Good at poker. Fish at PLO.Same for Trueace except I can't comment on his PLO skills.
Please submit the date/time/circumstances of your meeting and I'll se if it warrants addition to our scientific poll.
Sorry Ank ... thought we could get some discussion going, but all I did was bring the side show down the hall.
that's alright. As you can see I'm perfectly willing to mix it up. As for the hands which initiated this thread, I would be interesting to find out what the villain had in the three situations. On the face of it, it looks like our hero ran into some bad spots where a fairly solid/straightforward player either coolered him our just got really lucky. However, I can't help but get the feeling that the villain may have been up to no good in the first couple hands. That min-raise on the turn for half my stack when the board pairs is a play I have used as stone cold bluff in the past. Whether or not it is a good play is up for debate, but I'll tell you it has worked because it looks so much like I am super strong here. Anyhow, like I said my cash-game instincts aren't what they used to be for lack of practice.
I own PLO babe.you know that! Oh, answer, I'm actually gonna read the hand and try to figure what the best plays are. And I would have to say, I haven't played too much cash, so there are prolly others that are better to take advice from

Alright, I'm gonna go a different direction w hand one. I'm either opening or folding pre. In live cash villains are usually loose passive. We can open a large range, and be able to take down a lot of pots w cbets. As well with that, we balance ouir entire range to air and made hands when we open a lot and it keeps our villains guessing. If we don't open, i think this is just a fold pre flop. After that, I agree w everyone else saying that we need to raise more on the flop. As played, I think it might be a fold, but kinda tough. Hard for villain to have a set since we have blockers, it just looks sooooooooo strong. Hand two I think I check back to turn. Cash players, is that a bad thing to do? I think there are only a small range of hands that are calling a bet here and we are gonna but ourselves in some really silly spots if villain does c/r here. I also think we can get some value on the river. Hand three is silly, we are always behind here, but I think we are getting the right price....so meh, I dunno there