Poker Spreadsheet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sorry guys. Not supporting this anymore. No new updates. --- 7/7/2011----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey guys.Awhile ago I made a simple spreadsheet on excel to help track my tourney stats that I didn't feel PokerTracker was adequate doing. At some point I started looking for a better spread sheet on the internet, and while there are several good ones that you could tell people put a lot of time into, I thought I could still do better (knowing very little about excel). Basically trying to simplify a lot (the original goal was to have everything on one page) and add more of the important part of tracking your play, stats. Over the past few months, I have been slowing updating my original spreadsheet into a total bankroll manager. I am fairly happy with the outcome: something simple, eloquent, and easy to use; which satisfies my purposes. While this whole process took a large amount of time out of my actually poker playing activity (I needed to learn excel from the ground up), I feel like the result has substantially helped my poker play since. That is, having real stats to judge my poker playing preformence has encouraged me to play my best poker. Basically I it has helped me decrease tilt, I consciously try to avoid putting myself in -EV situations, as I hate typing in negative(-) numbers.Because I'm a happy with the result I thought I'd make it public, if anyone is interested in using it (note: I still highly recommend using pokertrack as well, as what it offers is far and beyond the scope of an excel spreadsheet. However this poker spread sheet should help with a large amount of bankroll management tracking and playing stats for both online and live play). Also, this was made in office 2007 to fit my screen 1600x1200 screen. While I did make a version compatible with earlier versions, it may not have transitioned perfectly (for example, there is a much smaller scale of color options on earlier versions, and I do not think it looks as visually as good). Office 2007 version:https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/aseth/www/poker/C...okerSpread.xlsmOffice 97-03 version:https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/aseth/www/poker/C...PokerSpread.xlsI would love to hear some feedback, let me know if I could improve/add a feature, or something does not work. Thanks guys.Edit: Spreadsheet last updated 4/25/2007Some people have expressed the wish to donate for my troubles. They will be gladly accepted! :club: cwik1 on Full Tilt PokerCwik1 on PokerStarsAlso, want to thank BKice for currently hosting this for me as I know longer have access to my old server (check out the www.thepokerhaus.com)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys.Awhile ago I made a simple spreadsheet on excel to help track my tourney stats that I didn't feel PokerTracker was adequate doing. At some point I started looking for a better spread sheet on the internet, and while there are several good ones that you could tell people put a lot of time into, I thought I could still do better (knowing very little about excel). Basically trying to simplify a lot (the original goal was to have everything on one page) and add more of the important part of tracking your play, stats. Over the past few months, I have been slowing updating my original spreadsheet into a total bankroll manager. I am fairly happy with the outcome: something simple, eloquent, and easy to use; which satisfies my purposes. While this whole process took a large amount of time out of my actually poker playing activity (I needed to learn excel from the ground up), I feel like the result has substantially helped my poker play since. That is, having real stats to judge my poker playing preformence has encouraged me to play my best poker. Basically I it has helped me decrease tilt, I consciously try to avoid putting myself in -EV situations, as I hate typing in negative(-) numbers.Because I'm a happy with the result I thought I'd make it public, if anyone is interested in using it (note: I still highly recommend using pokertrack as well, as what it offers is far and beyond the scope of an excel spreadsheet. However this poker spread sheet should help with a large amount of bankroll management tracking and playing stats for both online and live play). Also, this was made in office 2007 to fit my screen 1600x1200 screen. While I did make a version compatible with earlier versions, it may not have transitioned perfectly (for example, there is a much smaller scale of color options on earlier versions, and I do not think it looks as visually as good). Office 2007 version:http://home.csumb.edu/h/hirstzacharya/worl...okerSpread.xlsmOffice 97-03 version:http://home.csumb.edu/h/hirstzacharya/worl...PokerSpread.xlsI would love to hear some feedback, let me know if I could improve/add a feature, or something does not work. Thanks guys.
holy crap this is easily the most well designed spread sheet I have seen. Well done!!!

great design. One thing, shouldn't total bankroll be updated when you plug in cash game results? Yes no? I've just started using this kind of stuff so maybe it updates funds elsewhere.Very cool, it's a keeper.ok, found the total cash profit box, I'm happy.

this is truly amazing. i'm going to definitely use it with poker tracker. cwik, how can i add another column in the cash table area to add how many poker points i've earned?

Cant get it to open. dont really use excel anybody have any suggestions?
silky, both versions don't work? did you download two?
this is truly amazing. i'm going to definitely use it with poker tracker. cwik, how can i add another column in the cash table area to add how many poker points i've earned?silky, both versions don't work? did you download two?
got it, did'nt even realize that, thanks joe
holy crap this is easily the most well designed spread sheet I have seen. Well done!!!
Hey guys, thanks for the kind feedback.
great design. One thing, shouldn't total bankroll be updated when you plug in cash game results? Yes no? I've just started using this kind of stuff so maybe it updates funds elsewhere.Very cool, it's a keeper.ok, found the total cash profit box, I'm happy.
yes, it should add your cash results to your total bankroll.
?where do u put in the rake #s
I just add them in when I am entering the buy-in. I could have made another column or a drop down list with all the possible buy-ins, however remember the idea here was simplicity, and I think it is easiest to just type in a number instead of scrolling through a huge list. (note, usually when entering information I just copy/paste from the line above it.)
you have anything that works for open office? seems like it wont work with mine like regular spreadsheets usually do.
Sorry, can't really help you there. I do not really have any experience with open office so I don't know, however there are many very complicated functions in this and I do not know how compatible they are. Did you try the older office .xls file?
wowwphow long did this take you to make?
lol, a long time. Would been a lot quicker if I knew I was doing. But the whole thing evolved over quite awhile, I thought I was done about six or seven versions ago, but I kept thinking of new things to add to it.Again, this whole thing was all done on office 2007, so I do not know how it all transitioned over to the office 97-03 file. If something does not work like you think it should let me know. A good place to start when using the spreadsheet is reading the notes a posted in the top right.
this should be pinned in a strat section or something, IMHO. this thing is hotter than winona ryder's merchandise when she leaves a store.
fyp

Great excell sheet but when I try to activate macro's I get this error, anyone know why?"The visual basic for applications (VBA) Macros in this workbook are corrupted and have been deleted. The macro corruption most likely exsist in the current file. To recover the macros, open a backup copy of this file if you have one."

This is pretty cool but it isn't calculating MTT ROI correctly.MTT Entry MTT Type MTT Results SNG Entry SNG Type SNG Result Entrants Place Profit215 NL $860.00 $645.00$109.00 NL $4,500.00 $4,391.00 $0.00MTT ROI: 97.97% (Should be over 1000%)

fyp
i LOLed, even if you did dare make fun of my biggest crush ever. :icon_biggrin:edit: i haven't actually moved stuff from my own spreadsheet to this big fancy one yet. does it still have some kinks that need to get worked out?
this should be pinned in a strat section or something, IMHO. this thing is hotter than winona ryder circa the early 90s.
I was thinking the same thing myself, was gonna get around to PMing Zach6367298283
Great excell sheet but when I try to activate macro's I get this error, anyone know why?"The visual basic for applications (VBA) Macros in this workbook are corrupted and have been deleted. The macro corruption most likely exsist in the current file. To recover the macros, open a backup copy of this file if you have one."
Does anyone else have this problem?? Are you using excel to open it?? what version? I'd either recommend trying to redownload it, and if that does not work, PM me or msg me on AIM and I'll give you the VBA codeing.
This is pretty cool but it isn't calculating MTT ROI correctly.MTT Entry MTT Type MTT Results SNG Entry SNG Type SNG Result Entrants Place Profit215 NL $860.00 $645.00$109.00 NL $4,500.00 $4,391.00 $0.00MTT ROI: 97.97% (Should be over 1000%)
heh, opps. Thanks for the catch, I've updated the link on the first page, but if anyones already entered in a lot of information and does not wanna redownload it. just change cell J8 to " =-J6/J5 ", you'll have to do this for sat, sng, and cash ROI too.
I hate to ask but......Is it possible to download Excell?
I just checked thepiratebay really fast and looks like it is there. However, this does not mean I recommend... nm.
And Cwik, AWESOME spreadsheet.
And thanks again guys for the support.