Quit Playing With Your Dingy (sh) (2/3)

Our image is LAG. Villain is a relatively TAG winning regular with stats of 20/14/3.5 over a decent sample.feral_cow_icon.gifonce a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.HEM/Bodog NL Hold'em $2.00/$3.00 - 5 playersCO: $300.70 Button: $847.03 (Hero)SB: $722.00BB: $147.85 UTG: $448.12 Preflop: ($5.00) Hero is Button with :4h:qh (5 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $9.00, SB calls $7.00, BB calls $6.00Flop: ($27.00) :5c:club::3h (3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $18.00, SB calls $18.00, BB foldsTurn: ($63.00) :jh (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $54.00, SB calls $54.00River: ($171.00) :ts (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $142.00, SB raises to $641.00, Hero ?

Our image is LAG. Villain is a relatively TAG winning regular with stats of 20/14/3.5 over a decent sample.feral_cow_icon.gifonce a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.HEM/Bodog NL Hold'em $2.00/$3.00 - 5 playersCO: $300.70 Button: $847.03 (Hero)SB: $722.00BB: $147.85 UTG: $448.12 Preflop: ($5.00) Hero is Button with :4h:qh (5 players)2 folds , Hero raises to $9.00, SB calls $7.00, BB calls $6.00Flop: ($27.00) :5c:club::3h (3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $18.00, SB calls $18.00, BB folds Turn: ($63.00) :jh (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $54.00, SB calls $54.00River: ($171.00) :ts (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $142.00, SB raises to $641.00, Hero ?
This is truly bizarre, I dont see how any Kx that has us beat sees a flop, nor do I see how any PP that has us beat sees any street past the flop. If he really did call 18 on the flop with 66 id be very interested to know what his plan is for the turn if he doesnt get there... just... gah... Alternatively, what hands are he turning into bluffs here, and for the purpose of what, can this ever be two jacks trying to move you off a king?Could this be a level? like for instance, for lots fishy players passive lines that end in big river shoves, are the nuts like always.... could he know this and be trying to expliot it... is he a competent reg?I would probably call and lose my money, just because this doesn't make any sense to me.No.. its gotta be... your bull.
Our image is LAG. Villain is a relatively TAG winning regular with stats of 20/14/3.5 over a decent sample.feral_cow_icon.gifonce a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.HEM/Bodog NL Hold'em $2.00/$3.00 - 5 playersCO: $300.70 Button: $847.03 (Hero)SB: $722.00BB: $147.85 UTG: $448.12 Preflop: ($5.00) Hero is Button with :4h:qh (5 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $9.00, SB calls $7.00, BB calls $6.00Flop: ($27.00) :5c:club::3h (3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $18.00, SB calls $18.00, BB foldsTurn: ($63.00) :jh (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $54.00, SB calls $54.00River: ($171.00) :ts (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $142.00, SB raises to $641.00, Hero ?
How fast did he push on the river? Was there any delay? Hes only pushing with complete air, a high K or a better full house. The high K is least likely I think based on his line. I think Im calling because Im just so confused here. Good players and bad players alike would have trouble making this play. Just pay it off and curse your bad luck.
Duuuuude. This is a normal number of big blinds.
FYP. Its just chips.66 is the only hand that makes any sense at all that beats you. A winning tag just doesn't have k8/k6 here surely, and 88 aint calling 2 barrells oop.... surely.I just snap it off.
66 is the only hand that makes any sense at all that beats you. A winning tag just doesn't have k8/k6 here surely, and 88 aint calling 2 barrells oop.... surely.
If Cobalt is really playing very LAG, cbetting a high frequency and double barrelling a lot, then I think c/c with 88 on a blank turn might be okay.
std wtf Cobalt handI can't fold.
agree never folding. an im not one usually who is instantly in love with high absolute value hands, but it seems air makes way more sense then anything else.
is he a competent reg?
He is a generally competent reg, yes. Probably capable of some moves, but as I said, generally on the TAG side.
How fast did he push on the river? Was there any delay?
It wasn't instant and it wasn't a long delay. Maybe a couple of seconds?
It wasn't instant and it wasn't a long delay. Maybe a couple of seconds?
It almost seems like villain got a little too tricky with 88 and lucked into it at the end and went for the gusto. He must have outsmarted himself. I still pay it off 100%. It would be very tough to predict that our opponent got in over his head with the hand, caught the gin river and went for the kill on the river.

I can see AK here sort've making it a value push bluff since the board is so dry. I'd would just kinda blank WTF stare at the screen until the timer beep went off and call.

Okay...so I was a little sneaky on this one...I was actually SB in this case. I played my KK pretty darn wonky due to stack sizes, an aggro villain with history, and a BB donk. I knew that my hand made little sense by the river. Just wanted to see if anyone could find a fold in villain's shoes.

Okay...so I was a little sneaky on this one...I was actually SB in this case. I played my KK pretty darn wonky due to stack sizes, an aggro villain with history, and a BB donk. I knew that my hand made little sense by the river. Just wanted to see if anyone could find a fold in villain's shoes.
Nope. I can't even find a fold being results orientated.
you had KK. wow, he runs awful.
yah and i like the line. idk if you have DC but the author of "under new managment" i think it is spelled this way (newanami) talks about taking none standard lines sometimes to maximize potential value. its tricky bc it requires good reads, nice hand reading, and a bit of luck it doesnt bit us in the ass sometimes. clearly when we have quads it doesnt matter much but sometimes if we are not as strong and try a none standard move we can end up owning ourselves hard in a hand. i like the thinking thouand btw, extremely UL for villain :club: weee