Online Poker Is Now 20 Years Old

Steve Badger has some interesting behind the scenes stories from the early days at his blog.

Steve Badger‏

@stevebadger100

Follow Follow @stevebadger100

More

"When Chris Ferguson Almost Became the Face of PokerStars"

http://www.stevebadger.com/pokerstars/chris-ferguson/

Stories From the Poker Boom. #pokerboom #poker

• 3 weeks later...

FCP Bob. A bit of a flashback for me and probably many others. I can’t believe my login worked! I was never huge in the POKER forums, but I had some love for the off topics (chrozzo was ahead of this craft beer curve, literally got me involved prior to anyone else I knew). Was that a run on sentence? Probably. I don’t care. Is there any online poker available these days? Global.poker. Says some sweepstakes garbage. Black Friday still haunts us? I do have local poker rooms, just haven’t had time to make the trek.

You are the man. This place was the shit and could be again someday. I hope.

FCP Bob. A bit of a flashback for me and probably many others. I can’t believe my login worked! I was never huge in the POKER forums, but I had some love for the off topics (chrozzo was ahead of this craft beer curve, literally got me involved prior to anyone else I knew). Was that a run on sentence? Probably. I don’t care. Is there any online poker available these days? Global.poker. Says some sweepstakes garbage. Black Friday still haunts us? I do have local poker rooms, just haven’t had time to make the trek.

You are the man. This place was the shit and could be again someday. I hope.

welcome back

Hopefully the spread of legal online poker State by State continues but right now not it's only legal in a few.