• Please log in to reply
981 replies to this topic

#1 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,351 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:23 AM

http://blogs.telegra...global-warming/http://www.washingto...global-cooling/

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#2 85suited

85suited

Politics Forum Pundit

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Vast Right Wing Conspirator

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:33 AM

nothing to see here - move along... Al Gore told me the debate is overPS - Shouldnt this thread be in the Religon section?

#3 SCYUKON

SCYUKON

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Poker, fast SUVs

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:42 AM

View Post85suited, on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 7:33 AM, said:

PS - Shouldnt this thread be in the Religon section?
This is really funny on a number of levels. I was going to start a thread like this on Saturday and just thought "Why bother?". The zealots don't want to have a discussion based on facts anyways.So I just hit delete.Queue FCP Bob, VBNautilus, and Long Live Yorke to come out swinging with their zealous bats now. :club:
"In the language typical of an IPCC report, one might say that the radiative forcing created by Climategate and Glaciergate strongly suggest this is very likely to bring about cataclysmic melting of the organization within the next portion of the current decadal period. The words "very likely" in IPCC risk assessment terms mean a 90% or greater probability that something will happen. As it looks now, the IPCC is burnt toast and unless it is overhauled fast there's a 90% probability the climate-change political machine is going to come crashing down."

#4 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:57 AM

Global warming must be trueIt's in the high 70s low 80s here and has been for a while.Plus clear blue skies and tons of sunshine.I bet it's like that all across the country....our poor poor country
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#5 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:03 AM

View PostSCYUKON, on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 6:42 AM, said:

Queue FCP Bob, VBNautilus, and Long Live Yorke to come out swinging with their zealous bats now. :club:
Objectively speaking, those have got to be three of the most rational people on the forum.

#6 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:06 AM

MIT The University of East Anglia: Where all of science's dirty deceptive secrets are kept in a vault insecure computer connected to the internet.

#7 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

View Postvbnautilus, on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 10:06 AM, said:

MIT The University of East Anglia: Where all of science's dirty deceptive secrets are kept in a vault insecure computer connected to the internet.
Good try at misdirection....you've been outed comrade.Deal with it!

#8 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:11 AM

it is good to be right!!
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#9 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:33 PM

View PostSCYUKON, on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 9:42 AM, said:

Queue FCP Bob, VBNautilus, and Long Live Yorke to come out swinging with their zealous bats now. :club:
Hazaaa:Posted Image

#10 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

What really shocked me was learning that the data these scientists apparently manipulated is also inextricably linked to every single other piece of data or research ever done by other people at other labs in other countries. Surely, I thought, this would just be a case where a few scientists were found to have manipulated data for their own purposes. Never did I imagine that this hack-job would also offer solid evidence that global warming is a complete myth, and that all of the evidence used in support of its existence has been falsified. Wait, that didn't happen? It was just a few dudes at East Chavers University?
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#11 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

With billions of dollars in the research stream, not to mention a couple of bogus nobel prizes, if the slies parted and God himself said it was bogus, GORE and his band of merry followers wouldnt be taken off message.To be fair tho, if all the polar bears dropped dead, the ice caps melted, and las vegas became a beachfront town, we wouldnt be swayed either.SO I guess well just have to agree to disagree. Hopefully tho the world economy isnt destroyed making unnecessary changes. Or the world itself isnt destroyed cause we didnt.
I dont suffer from delusions

I enjoy them

#12 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:58 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 3:16 PM, said:

What really shocked me was learning that the data these scientists apparently manipulated is also inextricably linked to every single other piece of data or research ever done by other people at other labs in other countries. Surely, I thought, this would just be a case where a few scientists were found to have manipulated data for their own purposes. Never did I imagine that this hack-job would also offer solid evidence that global warming is a complete myth, and that all of the evidence used in support of its existence has been falsified. Wait, that didn't happen? It was just a few dudes at East Chavers University?
Are you seriously denying the importance of this story? That one of the key pieces of data, the famous hockey stick graph, was probably fudged and based on data selected to confirm pre-existing biases (discarding contradictory data)? And the emails were not just among the people at this institution, they went to other "respectable" researchers, too.Does this proof AGW is false? No, of course not, but when combined with the fact that, in direct contradiction to modeled predictions, there has been no warming for 10 years , this proof that some of the most "respected" leaders in the field are flagrantly falsifying data is pretty serious. So yeah, I think the combined stories coming out of respected institutions over the last six months has to be making any serious scientist re-think their ideas. Anyone who says otherwise is not engaged in science, they are practicing religion.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#13 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:39 PM

View Posthblask, on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 6:58 PM, said:

Are you seriously denying the importance of this story?
I'm seriously denying that this story closes the book on global warming. I did however find it very interesting and it did perhaps change my views somewhat.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#14 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:02 PM

View Posthblask, on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 3:58 PM, said:

Are you seriously denying the importance of this story? That one of the key pieces of data, the famous hockey stick graph, was probably fudged and based on data selected to confirm pre-existing biases (discarding contradictory data)? And the emails were not just among the people at this institution, they went to other "respectable" researchers, too.Does this proof AGW is false? No, of course not, but when combined with the fact that, in direct contradiction to modeled predictions, there has been no warming for 10 years , this proof that some of the most "respected" leaders in the field are flagrantly falsifying data is pretty serious. So yeah, I think the combined stories coming out of respected institutions over the last six months has to be making any serious scientist re-think their ideas. Anyone who says otherwise is not engaged in science, they are practicing religion.
Uh henry, I have it on good authority ( vb and crow in the religion section ) that science does not allow politics or personal agendas change their view on thier findings, they in fact are only seeking the truth, no matter where it lies.get it..lies...

#15 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:02 PM

View Posttim wakefield, on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 3:58 PM, said:

I'm seriously denying that this story closes the book on global warming. I did however find it very interesting and it did perhaps change my views somewhat.
So your views are coming more in line with Rush Limbaugh's?I guess there is hope for us all.

#16 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:16 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 6:02 PM, said:

Uh henry, I have it on good authority ( vb and crow in the religion section ) that science does not allow politics or personal agendas change their view on thier findings, they in fact are only seeking the truth, no matter where it lies.get it..lies...
Isn't this a perfect example of that though? If we find out someone was lying or that their data were bad we can revise our view based on that info. In religion, if the guy who wrote the ancient text was lying, too bad!

#17 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

View Postvbnautilus, on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 6:16 PM, said:

Isn't this a perfect example of that though? If we find out someone was lying or that their data were bad we can revise our view based on that info. In religion, if the guy who wrote the ancient text was lying, too bad!
especially since the guy gets to determine what happens to your immortal soul...

#18 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:19 AM

View Postvbnautilus, on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 6:16 PM, said:

Isn't this a perfect example of that though?
I hope not.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#19 ahosang

ahosang

Trolling FCP like everyone else...

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • Interests:Trolling
  • Favorite Poker Game:Trolling

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:26 AM

This won't slow the political class in championing AGW and it's spin-off projects...
FCP is a trollfest. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!!!!

#20 Zealous Donkey

Zealous Donkey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,219 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Reading, Sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:15 AM

View Postvbnautilus, on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009, 8:16 PM, said:

I will believe this when I see it.
"Never play pool with a guy that brings his own stick. And Never, Ever play pool with a guy that brings his own table." ~Hoyt Axton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users