• Please log in to reply
262016 replies to this topic

#262001 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

Hit the ATM and get back in the game. You're always one flush draw away from redemption.

#262002 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

I was like 0/4 in big hands tonight. One hand the drunk speedy guy held his cards up and I saw them (ATo) and I had AJo and we got a lot of money in preflop only for him to spike a T on the flop. I guess it's better than maxing out the flop and turn and him hitting the river but whatever. Not my night. Might be done with poker for awhile.

#262003 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:03 PM

You can't take it personally buddy. If you made the right moves you keep playing because the math only works if you keep playing.

#262004 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 32,915 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:28 AM

The poker gods got ya for looking at his cards.

Don't take it too hard, you know it's just how it goes. The best players in the world take it in the chin against the worst sometimes. Just the way it goes. Don't give up, don't ever give up
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#262005 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,021 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:34 AM

Or you could give up and find more productive uses for your time. One of the two options.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#262006 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,340 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:15 AM

View PostInternetExplorer, on 25 June 2017 - 06:34 AM, said:

Or you could give up and find more productive uses for your time. One of the two options.

This is the correct answer. I'm just not as good as I used to be, if i ever was, and the amount of time it would take to get to a place of making a solid hourly would be far better used improving my skillz for the real world. I don't even really enjoy playing it, tbh.

#262007 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,449 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:34 AM

View PostNapa Lite, on 24 June 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

I was like 0/4 in big hands tonight. One hand the drunk speedy guy held his cards up and I saw them (ATo) and I had AJo and we got a lot of money in preflop only for him to spike a T on the flop. I guess it's better than maxing out the flop and turn and him hitting the river but whatever. Not my night. Might be done with poker for awhile.

bbfidts
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#262008 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,578 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:44 AM

On the plus side my buddy just cashed the tournament. Now I just need him to get 6th+ so I can break even on the weekend.

#262009 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,021 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:50 AM

View PostNapa_Don, on 25 June 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

This is the correct answer. I'm just not as good as I used to be, if i ever was, and the amount of time it would take to get to a place of making a solid hourly would be far better used improving my skillz for the real world. I don't even really enjoy playing it, tbh.
Yeah, I was always terrible, and stopped enjoying it years ago.

Of the guys from here with a demonstrated ability to make a living at poker, I don't think any of them play professionally anymore. Guys like Zach, Grinder, Bizzle, Zimmer, and Cobalt. I don't know if we would count looshle as an FCP guy, but I think he still plays regularly.
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#262010 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:33 PM

I coulda made it. I coulda been somebody. I coulda been a contender. But I'd rather work in corporate America. All that freedom would ruin me.

#262011 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,152 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted Yesterday, 06:59 PM

THANKS A LOT FOR ALL YOUR WORRY AFTER I DIDN'T SHOW UP FOR DRINKS WITH NAPA GUYS!

Napa this is all your fault. Yours too, Suited. Mexico YOURe cool every now and then, but THIS HURTS!

This is probably my last post because I SO MAD AT STRAT for being so emotionless and objective. **** YOU STRAT!

I'm outty.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#262012 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,152 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted Yesterday, 07:01 PM

I couldn't stay away. I love Tilt too much and would be worried if he came back when I wasn't around.

I've been in Utah for a week. Sorry I wasn't around to provide content. I fly to San Antonio for a conference on Tuesday morning and will be there until Friday. I love conferences in southern Texas in the middle of summer.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#262013 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,578 posts

Posted Today, 04:58 AM

Stratty, I'm getting into my 401(k) site and I don't know much but there's only 15 finds and they look like stinkers. We might need to do a comprehensive review of my old account to make sure my allocations are good.

Real quick the tickers are

SIC1Z
OGGAX
PIMIX
CPHYX
MEIHX
TWGIX
VASVX
PAMCX
UBVFX
PRDSX
TPINX
RNPEZ
AAIEX
AIEVX
OSCIX

leaning towards just putting 100% into the vanguard fund for now just so my contributions go somewhere on my next paycheck.

#262014 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,578 posts

Posted Today, 05:25 PM

I just wish Tilty would quit this nonsense and stop acting like I didn't share the magic of pepperoni and cheese sticks with him.

#262015 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,021 posts

Posted Today, 06:02 PM

This gets you pretty close to the allocation I have in my 401k. I don't know much about most of these funds, but I don't hate the expense ratios I'm seeing. All seem to have good track records, for whatever that is worth.

MEIHX - US large value - 17%
TWGIX - US large growth - 17%
VASVX - US mid value - 6%
PAMCX - US mid growth - 6%
UBVFX - US small blend - 8%
AIEVX - Foreign large blend - 39% (I like AAIEX more but it has no emerging exposure)
OSCIX - Foreign small-mid - 5%
TPINX - Int'l bond - 2%

If you have an emerging choice (not sure, two tickers did not work for me), I would do 28% AAIEX and 11% emerging.

#262016 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,021 posts

Posted Today, 06:14 PM

I honestly think active management is starting to get more appealing, now that Vanguard and smart beta have had a few solid years of taking assets away. As funds continue to get cheaper, at some point, it is worth it to pay a fund manager for his or her expertise. Also, as the fund's assets dwindle, the manager's ability to find lucrative bets (as a percentage of the total) starts to increase.

I was looking at my performance today. I'm up 16%+ YTD vs. the S&P 500's 10%. I've been selling a ton of options on individual US stocks this year, so while the raw performance numbers are great, I have almost $5k of realized short-term gains...

#262017 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,021 posts

Posted Today, 09:31 PM

Went to bed nice and early tonight, feeling all great about getting a full night's rest. Got woken up at 12:45 by a god damn mouse, or at least what sounded like a mouse. Obviously I do not have any mouse traps, because I am stupid, so this turned into a Walmart trip.

So now I'm just sitting in bed wondering if the mouse was real or imagined. I have no idea. The only way I'll know for sure is a very loud snapping noise from the trap, which will surely scare the shit out of me.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 1 anonymous users

Yahoo