What DN said about Israel's airport security is right, in that their security is some of the best in the world, and that is largely due to behavioral profiling. It seems that he got the issue a little mixed up, though. Behavioral profiling and racial profiling are two different things. Behavioral profiling, to my knowledge, does not take into account things like name, race, age, gender, and the like. Rather, it considers a person's behavior while in the airport. Apparently, potential terrorists exhibit certain behavior patterns, and further investigation is carried out if a person exhibits these patterns. All that business about being a 26 year-old male named Mohammad whatever is more about the US's policy of racial profiling, which is what the debate is about. Israel's policy is different, and it works, thus supporting opponents of that type of profiling.

What DN said about Israel's airport security is right, in that their security is some of the best in the world, and that is largely due to behavioral profiling. It seems that he got the issue a little mixed up, though. Behavioral profiling and racial profiling are two different things. Behavioral profiling, to my knowledge, does not take into account things like name, race, age, gender, and the like. Rather, it considers a person's behavior while in the airport. Apparently, potential terrorists exhibit certain behavior patterns, and further investigation is carried out if a person exhibits these patterns. All that business about being a 26 year-old male named Mohammad whatever is more about the US's policy of racial profiling, which is what the debate is about. Israel's policy is different, and it works, thus supporting opponents of that type of profiling.
I think others got it mixed up actually. I was referring to behavioural profiling but many thought I was talking about racial profiling due to that comment you mentioned.
I think others got it mixed up actually. I was referring to behavioural profiling but many thought I was talking about racial profiling due to that comment you mentioned.
I stand corrected. In any case, you're right. Behavioral profiling is the way to go. I actually saw something on ABC's World News Now that said that Israel's last airport attack was 20 years ago, by an Irish woman.