Standard?Poker StarsLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $0.50/$110 playersConverterPre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG with J :club: A :ts Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: 2 :4h 7 :D 2 :D (14SB, 7 players)SB bets, BB folds, Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 3-bets, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero caps, MP1 calls, SB calls.Turn: T :5c (13BB, 3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, SB calls, Hero calls.River: 9 :D (16BB, 3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, SB calls, Hero folds.Results:Final pot: 18BB

I think I call the flop in ep. I want everyone coming along here and with a possible 3 bet from MP1, I think you'll lose too many players.I don't like the flop cap either. You're either going to get 3 more bets for the price of 2 or you're going to get sb to fold which I don't think you want.

Standard?Poker StarsLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $0.50/$110 playersConverterPre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG with J :club: A :ts Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls
Now I'm very sad.You had a great opportunity to limp raise here.I'll try to finish but it will be tough to get thru the hand
I stopped there.,Raise that shitz up!!!
I'm iffy about this. AJs is a hand where, if I raise in ep at a tightish table, I feel like only better hands will give me action. Limping, on the other hand, invites a wider range in behind me, and I'd rather play oop in a multiway pot vs weak hands where my hand strength will be clearly defined on the flop, than against a cold-call or threebet where even pairing my Ace leaves me in a difficult situation.

on the flop if I knew MP would raise, then it's an easy c/rBut we don't know and MAYBE we get AQ/AK (no diamonds) to fold behind usNot too mention many hands calling one will call two on that board anyway.THe flop cap, turn chekc gives you hand away; but I don't know if that matters.You won't want to try a river c/r if you hit, though.Your equity is marginally there. MP likes his hand, you could probably jsut call the 3 bet and set up a nice c/r on ther turn (when :club: comes) instead.

I like it. But just calling the flop 3-bet is probably fine too, as I think the 3b kills at least 3 of our overcard outs most of the time.I don't care how disguised my hand is on the turn, so I'm fine with the c/c. The pot is so big that we can play our hand face up and still get a river call when we hit by a wide range of hands.

I'm iffy about this. AJs is a hand where, if I raise in ep at a tightish table, I feel like only better hands will give me action.
:club: Im sure noone at this table would call us with a worse hand.I play the hand the same as Actuary. Raising preflop, l/rring if I accidentally limped first and just calling the flop 3-bet since our fd isnt as good as normal since its a paired board and we could be drawing dead, have dirty outs or at least our opponents have redraws if we hit the flush on the turn plus it does kind of give our hand away on the turn if we cap.

because by this point there's 6 others in the pot, and with AJs, even against AK and the like, we win more than 1 time in 7. so putting in more money in this spot is very profitable in the long run.you could do the same with JTs, 77, etc.same reason we'd raise a flush draw or oesd with 3 or more people in the pot.

Standard?Poker StarsLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $0.50/$110 playersConverterPre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG with J :club: A :ts Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: 2 :4h 7 :D 2 :D (14SB, 7 players)SB bets, BB folds, Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 3-bets, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero caps, MP1 calls, SB calls.Turn: T :5c (13BB, 3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, SB calls, Hero calls.River: 9 :D (16BB, 3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, SB calls, Hero folds.Results:Final pot: 18BB
I think standard would be raise pre-flop, fold a reraise endless i read the chart that Zach gave me wrong.
I would Raise the flop again to keep the show of strength. Then bet out on turn and call a raise and C/C the river. This is a big pot I thought you call to the show with bigg pots.? If this line is wrong let me know. just tring to see if SSHE sticks.
I think standard would be raise pre-flop, fold a reraise endless i read the chart that Zach gave me wrong.I would Raise the flop again to keep the show of strength. Then bet out on turn and call a raise and C/C the river. This is a big pot I thought you call to the show with bigg pots.? If this line is wrong let me know. just tring to see if SSHE sticks.
if youve already raised preflop, almost never fold to a 3-bet, especially not with a hand like AJsmaybe if you misclicked, or a guy who never raises anything but AA 3 betseven with misclicks, i still call one more...c/c the river is a spew, even in a big pot when we beat literally nothing.if the guy is a maniac, then sure. otherwise, if he raised/3 bet pre, bet/raised the flop and turnwere almost always beat
I think standard would be raise pre-flop, fold a reraise endless i read the chart that Zach gave me wrong.I would Raise the flop again to keep the show of strength. Then bet out on turn and call a raise and C/C the river. This is a big pot I thought you call to the show with bigg pots.? If this line is wrong let me know. just tring to see if SSHE sticks.
SSHE says somewhere that if you limp or raise pre-flop always call one more bet if it gets raised behind you. That chart is if the action happens before it gets to you. So if it's raised and re-raised before you enter the pot you should fold. And yes, in a big pot you should call light, but you still need to be able to beat something. We're ahead here pretty much never and thus folding is the right move.
if youve already raised preflop, almost never fold to a 3-bet, especially not with a hand like AJsmaybe if you misclicked, or a guy who never raises anything but AA 3 betseven with misclicks, i still call one more...c/c the river is a spew, even in a big pot when we beat literally nothing.if the guy is a maniac, then sure. otherwise, if he raised/3 bet pre, bet/raised the flop and turnwere almost always beat
its not almost. if you know the guy has aces at that point you still call the bet. there is enough in the pot and you should be able to get enough off of him that you lose less than if you fold.