question about pocket aces.

Please explain why??? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or anything... I'm just trying to tweak my game and for some reason I just think it's a very bad move to slow play that hand... I guess it just from my experiences.
There's a guy who's probably one of the best players in the forum- at least, according to himself- that pretty much auto-pushes with AA or KK when he's playing NL. It can be a tough hand to play if you're not a good NL player, and you're probably not a very good NL player. No offense, promise.Wang

If you always just auomatically go all-in with aces, most observant opponents won't call. When you pull this move, you're hoping that someone is going to have a premium hand that they can't fold. However, that's not going to happen a large majority of the time. Just raise a reasonable amount. You just want to face one or two opponents. You may get sucked out on sometimes, but you're getting inferior hands to play with you. You'll make much more money than auto-pushing.If you want to go all-in when someone else has already raised, that's a slightly better approach than the one you're presenting.

It can be a tough hand to play if you're not a good NL player, and you're probably not a very good NL player. No offense, promise.
I'm probably better than you. No offense, promise.
Highly doubtful since you're asking this question, I promise.Also, your title isnt a question, so you dont need question marks. Most will agree that one question mark will do the job just as well as three.

^^^Cot Damn everyone thinks they're Helmuth or something. I am asking a simple question. This has nothing to do with how good/bad a player I am. I asked this question at a poker forum because I'm assuming there's more advanced players here(you've gotta take poker seriously to be at a poker forum... right???) and I just wanted to see what your take was on this strategy. On a side note how could preflop allins with this hand be a bad play??? The whole point of poker is to get your money in when you have the best hand... Right??? So if someone is gonna suck out on you why not make them pay to try and do it???If you go allin with AA preflop and get sucked out no one is gonna tell you that was a badplay... No one. Right KingAustin? All ego's aside I'll be the better person and apologize for anything I've said to offend anyone. Have a good day and I wish you guys the best of luck.

^^^Cot Damn everyone thinks they're Helmuth or something. I am asking a simple question. This has nothing to do with how good/bad a player I am. I asked this question at a poker forum because I'm assuming there's more advanced players here(you've gotta take poker seriously to be at a poker forum... right???) and I just wanted to see what your take was on this strategy.  On a side note how could preflop allins with this hand be a bad play??? The whole point of poker is to get your money in when you have the best hand... Right??? So if someone is gonna suck out on you why not make them pay to try and do it???If you go allin with AA preflop and get sucked out no one is gonna tell you that was a badplay... No one. Right KingAustin?    All ego's aside I'll be the better person and apologize for anything I've said to offend anyone.   Have a good day and I wish you guys the best of luck.
Here's an idea. Everytime you go all in with pocket aces, keep a running total of how many times you're called and keep track how much you make. Then report back after you get aces for oh...let's make it a small number, 20 times.

I think it's a bad play to consistently to the same thing with a hand whatever that hand should be. You want to mix things up so people don't get a read although at the lower limits it's less of a worry because most players, it seems, are only concerned with the two cards they have.

^^^Cot Damn everyone thinks they're Helmuth or something. I am asking a simple question. This has nothing to do with how good/bad a player I am. I asked this question at a poker forum because I'm assuming there's more advanced players here(you've gotta take poker seriously to be at a poker forum... right???) and I just wanted to see what your take was on this strategy.  On a side note how could preflop allins with this hand be a bad play??? The whole point of poker is to get your money in when you have the best hand... Right??? So if someone is gonna suck out on you why not make them pay to try and do it???If you go allin with AA preflop and get sucked out no one is gonna tell you that was a badplay... No one. Right KingAustin?    All ego's aside I'll be the better person and apologize for anything I've said to offend anyone.   Have a good day and I wish you guys the best of luck.
you didn't give enough information, so you won't get any useful answers. this thread would be completely useless, except my last sentence reminded me i was going to put a pulp fiction quote as my signature. please return to regularly scheduled general forum garbage.
It can be a tough hand to play if you're not a good NL player' date=' and you're probably not a very good NL player. No offense' date=' promise. [/quote'']I'm probably better than you. No offense, promise.
I was really giving you a straightforward answer, man. And I didn't say I'm a better NL player than you; frankly, I'm terrible. I'm a marginal winner at the 200max and 400max games on various sites, and trust me: those games ain't good.I wasn't trying to be insulting.I was just trying to tell you that Smash suggests, at the micro-medium limits, to consistently push with aces and kings. And you're still probably not that great a player. You very well may be a winning player. Plenty of us are. But No Limit players are just generally so bad as to be comical. Forgive me, but good players don't ask questions like, "How should I be playing aces? By pushing? Getting my money in with the best of it?" The whole point is to get THEIR money in when you have the best of it, right?Wang
Forgive me, but good players don't ask questions like, "How should I be playing aces? By pushing? Getting my money in with the best of it?" The whole point is to get THEIR money in when you have the best of it, right?
Good players shoot, ask questions laterGreat players shoot the hostage
Forgive me, but good players don't ask questions like, "How should I be playing aces? By pushing? Getting my money in with the best of it?" The whole point is to get THEIR money in when you have the best of it, right?
Good players shoot, ask questions laterGreat players shoot the hostage
And the true badass flops his dick on the table and says, "I raise. Make it 9-straight."

Sometimes people remember all the times their aces have been cracked distinctly. They think aces should win everytime, however, you'll only win with them about 15% of the time.Going all in with aces preflop everytime is an extremely bad move because you're wasting the best hand in NLHE. You want to maximize your winnings. A much better play is to play fast on the flop with a raise or bet; this way you'll also get outdrawn fewer times.

I auto push pretty much if I get re raised. most of the time i get called in that situation, and end up beign heads up. all in heads up with AA is a good place to be, even when playing on line.I also always raise if someone bets out before me. Not a huge raise, but enought that no one else is real likely to call except for the original better. I hate playing big pair in multi way pots.

1. You have to give an idea of what limits you play at. Pushing PF with aces is fine at the micros, but when you get into the 1/2 or 2/5 5/10 nl etc. it's stupid and won't earn you anything but the blinds.2. Pushing PF is always a good idea if you think you're going to get a call. It's good because you're likely goind to be called by a hand that you have a dominated (i.e. AK AQs) or an underpair.3. That said, always pushing pf with aces (unless you're always getting called by at least one person) likely isn't the best way to maximize the value from them. Make strong raises, big enough to keep one or two people in while knocking the rest of the field out.

Sometimes people remember all the times their aces have been cracked distinctly. They think aces should win everytime, however, you'll only win with them about 15% of the time.Going all in with aces preflop everytime is an extremely bad move because you're wasting the best hand in NLHE. You want to maximize your winnings. A much better play is to play fast on the flop with a raise or bet; this way you'll also get outdrawn fewer times.
I'm only a rook but is this true. This cannot be true. I'm going to be very confused if this is true. I can see not going all-in all the time unless playing super aggressive suckers but AA winning only 15% of the time. This must be at a a table where 10 players all go all-in. Heads up isn't it about 85%.My head hurts. Somebody say this is not true.
Somebody needs to tutor me on how to quote properly.My apologies.
Hit the quote button on someone else's post. When the reply screen comes up, click after their quote, then hit enter several times.....viola.....a quote.And don't listen to plush. You're correct.

Thank you and thank you. Thought the percentage was screwed.I can't get HTML in my profile to stay on, hence the reason I can't quote properly.Any help appreciated and thanks again.