2014 Big One For One Drop - Daniel Finished 2Nd For $8,288,001

WORLD SERIES OF POKER & ONE DROP ANNOUNCE THE RETURN OF THE BIG ONE FOR ONE DROP

$1 MILLION BUY-IN POKER EVENT RETURNS JUNE 29 - JULY 1ST DURING 2014 WSOP

POTENTIAL $20 MILLION+ 1ST PLACE PRIZE UP FOR GRABS

Las Vegas, October 18, 2013 - As part of the 45th Annual World Series of Poker (WSOP) in Las Vegas, the ONE DROP organization and the WSOP are proud to announce thereturn of the $1,000,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold'em charity poker tournament - the BIG ONE for ONE DROP - to the 2014 schedule.

The BIG ONE for ONE DROP will take place over three days, from June 29 to July 1, 2014, with all play until the televised final table being hosted at Caesars Palace.

After the inaugural event sold out, organizers have added one additional table to the 2014 event, allowing for up to 56 philanthropists, business executives andpoker sharps to take to the felt. (All tables are played 8-handed).

With the new 56 player cap, the first place prize has the potential to reach in excess of $20,000,000 if every seat is filled. Additionally, the odds of cashingare better than a typical poker tournament, with 16-20% of entrants receiving a portion of the prize pool, depending on the final number of entrants.

The event will be reserved on a first-come first-serve basis, with those providing a deposit guaranteeing their seat. The winner will also receive a special editionWSOP platinum bracelet by famed jeweler Richard Mille. The event is open to anyone 21 years or older.

There are only 55 seats left up for grabs, as ONE DROP founder Guy Laliberté has already declared his intent to play. (He finished 5th in 2012, cashing for $1,834,666,after being knocked out by Antonio Esfandiari when his pair of Queens lost to Antonio's Ace-King when a King came on the turn).

"It was a terrific inaugural event in 2012 with ONE DROP raising nearly $5.7 million from the BIG ONE event," said Laliberté. "There is still a lot of work to bedone to ensure access to water for all. I have no doubt that the poker community will once again live up to its reputation for generosity by helping to transformlives sustainably."The buy-in for the BIG ONE for ONE DROP at $1 million, remains the largest ever for a poker event. There will be no rake or house fees to operate the event, and$111,111 of each buy-in will be taken out as a charitable donation to ONE DROP. Thus, $888,889 goes directly into the prize pool.

In total, nearly $10 million from the inaugural $42.6 million prize pool ended up in the hands of charities.

Here is a video of players making a ONE DROP charitable visit after the inaugural event

"This event quickly established itself as special and unique and for that reason we chose to make it an every other year affair," said Mitch Garber, CaesarsInteractive Entertainment's chief executive officer. "But we can't wait to host it again in 2014 and continue to use this vehicle to impact the planet throughONE DROP's platform."

The tournament brings together individuals in an unusual way for the cause of water for all. It is the belief of the organizers that this event will againattract high-net-worth individuals from all over the globe and across a wide range of businesses and occupations.

The BIG ONE for ONE DROP is an unprecedented effort to raise awareness of water-related issues amongst the poker community and beyond to raise funds to allowONE DROP to continue to deliver on its important mandate. Funds will be directed to ONE DROP projects around the world, where the team is hard at work dealingwith water access.

Poker players, with a long, consistent and successful track record of supporting charitable causes via poker tournaments, will still have an opportunity to jointhe cause, as all 2014 WSOP tournaments will include the chance to compete for huge prize pools with money earners in the events being encouraged to donate 1% ormore of their winnings to ONE DROP.

The schedule for the 45th annual World Series of Poker is currently being developed, with an expectation for a "Save the Dates" announcement in November.

Since 2007, ONE DROP projects have changed the lives of more than 300,000 people in Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Haiti, India and West Africa. In the nextfive years, with great fundraising activities, ONE DROP hopes to significantly increase its reach.

About ONE DROP

ONE DROP - a non-profit organization created in 2007 by Guy Laliberté - strives to ensure that water is accessible to all, today and forever. ONE DROP significantlyand sustainably improves living conditions through innovative projects which promote self-reliance in communities worldwide. In the U.S., ONE DROP is a publiccharity that undertakes innovative activities in which water plays a central role as a creative force to generate positive, sustainable change worldwide. To learnmore, visit www.ONEDROP.org

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does Daniel still follow that "no deals" philosophy? Brutal time to put that into practice.   Also, sick Keith Crime cameo in this thread.

A guy who looks like that, sitting in the biggest game in the place, should be assumed to be an unstoppable machine.

idiots

Good luck Rose

you buying me in Tanner lol

• 6 months later...

http://www.wsop.com/2014/bigone/

Up to 32 committed entrants now.

The list of committed players thus far are:

Antonio Esfandiari

Guy Laliberté

Bobby Baldwin

David Einhorn

Phil Galfond

Philipp Gruissem

Phil Ivey

Jason Mercier

Paul Newey

Bill Perkins

Vivek Rajkumar

Brian Rast

Andrew Robl

Erik Seidel

Brandon Steven

Sam Trickett

Noah Schwartz

Tobias Reinkemeier

Vanessa Selbst

Jean-Robert Bellande

Fabian Quoss

Max Altergott

Anthony Gregg

Igor Kurganov

Christoph Vogelsang

Anonymous Asian Businessman

Anonymous Businessman

Anonymous Businessman

Anonymous Businessman

Aria Resort Satellite Seat

Bellagio Resort Satellite Seat

World Series of Poker Satellite Seat

Looks like we are missing someone from that list.

Daniel has said publicly that he plans on most likely playing but will sell some of his action like he did two years ago.

Doyle Brunson ‏@TexDolly · 17m

I probably won't play the one drop tournament. If someone wants to put me in let me know, I just don't have a spare million laying around.

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 1m

I'll be selling 50% of my action for The One Drop $1 million buy in this year. Get at me if you want to buy a piece. $5k minimum.

Doyle Brunson ‏@TexDolly · 17m

I probably won't play the one drop tournament. If someone wants to put me in let me know, I just don't have a spare million laying around.

Say what you want about Dolly, but I've never seen someone who once Won like he did take so little time to figure out that their time has passed. I remember even as long ago as HSP he was mostly playing slow and looking for his spots, not like a man who was there to be the Man. Knowing how good you are is a skill that's generally reserved for people who are consistently in need of that information. But Dolly just always had it. What a Winner.

You walk onto the floor and see three games going at your level.

One full of regs, one full of randoms and one full of Asian businessmen, which game do you sit down at?

Asian businessmen = action galore. It was +ev noting the presence of at least one Asian businessman in the tourney. Likewise, if any drug dealers or professional athletes decide to play, they should tell everyone that too.

• Like 1

You walk onto the floor and see three games going at your level.

One full of regs, one full of randoms and one full of Asian businessmen, which game do you sit down at?

Asian businessmen = action galore. It was +ev noting the presence of at least one Asian businessman in the tourney. Likewise, if any drug dealers or professional athletes decide to play, they should tell everyone that too.

An Asian guy in nice close is an awesome sight. An Asian guy in a baseball cap is pretty scary.

(A good rule of thumb in a cash game is to dress like you don't know how uncomfortable you're going to be in 10 hours.)

Asians should always be avoided as a general matter of course but drunken and/or jovial Asian businessmen?

That's a 10 year old, low mileage Honda Civic for the taking.

Asians should always be avoided as a general matter of course but drunken and/or jovial Asian businessmen?

That's a 10 year old, low mileage Honda Civic for the taking.

Out of the top five players I've played against live, only one or two of them are white (the rest Asian), and one of them I've only really played once for reasonably long. But at the same time, out of the ten or so biggest losers, only one or two of them weren't Asian.

You play LHE which is the engineering of poker. There is no orgasm in limit games.

Northern Europeans crush NL games since they're always playing for the adrenaline, but they're also the most vulnerable to applied consistency.

You play LHE which is the engineering of poker. There is no orgasm in limit games.

Northern Europeans crush NL games since they're always playing for the adrenaline.

I have to say, I disagree with your assessment of the Asian gambling rush and LHE here. I can't play NLHE at this point, because I'm too used to the LHE rush. I've had long, winning stretches in tough games showing down like 25% of all distributions. And if you lose half your bankroll in a night playing NLHE, you are probably ****ing up. If you lose it playing LHE, you probably just got AK a bunch of times. It's an action game, beloved by action players, and that's what Asians are.

As for orgasms, the J-high call down, my friend. And the A-high value bet.

• Like 1

The World Series of Poker is less than two weeks away, and the crew has some exciting news to talk about including 10 more confirmations for the$1 Million BIG ONE for ONE DROP, and bracelet bets from Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey. They are then joined by the Executive Director of the WSOP Ty Stewart to talk shop about the recent conference call, what to expect a the Rio, and his Event 1 last longer with the defending champion; Chad Holloway.

see link for the rest

http://www.pokernews...ewart-18257.htm

I didn't realize John Juanda was still considered a fearsome poker player.

A lot of those old school tournament Asians from the boom are now terrifying cash game players, actually. I recall Juanda excelling at aspects of NLHE tournaments that aren't considered a big part of a cash player's skillset, and know nothing else about him, but I just heard he plays in those Macau games, and wouldn't be a bit surprised is he is a very scary opponent in them. I mean, think about how shitty we were last time we heard his name.

Asians are far more adaptable than other groups.

I might actually take the Jews here, though. This was a wog people, as dark and nappy as the Muslims, who saw the writing on the wall, changed color literally like a chameleon, and now live amongst us like everyday whites.

• Like 1

2014 World Series of Poker Live Stream Schedule Announced

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2014/05/wsop-live-stream-schedule-18263.htm