May 17, 2005 12:03 PM US Eastern Timezone Weekly Newspaper Poker Column -- ``Playing Poker with Daniel Negreanu'' -- Smash Success in First Month of Syndication Consumer Focus LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 17, 2005--The new weekly syndicated poker column, "Playing Poker with Daniel Negreanu," has gained immediate success as newspapers from coast to coast and throughout Canada have contracted with Card Shark Media to run this exciting new feature. Cathy Henkel, Sports Editor for The Seattle Times, stated, "We're adding this column to respond to the burgeoning interest in poker. We looked at other poker columns, but Daniel Negreanu provided the smartest and most entertaining of all." Mike Therien, The Ottawa Sun's Editor in Chief, added, "We are very excited about this poker column. Texas Hold 'Em is like a religion in Canada now, and Daniel is the guy the players worship." Other subscribing newspapers include The Honolulu Star-Bulletin, The Winnipeg Sun, The Bridgewater (NJ) Courier News (a Gannett newspaper), The Harrisburg (PA) Patriot-News, and The Vancouver (WA) Columbian. Steven J. Miller, President of Card Shark Media, said that "Playing Poker with Daniel Negreanu" is so popular because it addresses the instructional needs of everyday poker players in an entertaining format. "Other poker columnists either report on tournament play or chronicle their personal poker exploits," said Miller. "Managing Editors, Sports Editors and Features Editors choose Daniel's column because it appeals to the 50 million poker players and fans across the USA and Canada who want to improve their games. Daniel is not only a champion poker player, he's a champion poker teacher, too." "There's only one No. 1 poker champion and that's Daniel Negreanu," added Miller. "Daniel has the extraordinary ability to teach every day poker players how to improve their games. This column is not about Daniel, it's about making poker players of all skill levels better." Daniel Negreanu is the all-time professional poker prize money leader having earned almost $6 million. Negreanu is a multi-year winner of the most prestigious World Series of Poker (WSOP), and is the owner of three coveted WSOP bracelets. Negreanu, an experienced writer, offers poker strategies, tips, rules, and anecdotes from his experience playing with poker's top professionals and most famous celebrities. The column addresses a multitude of poker games -- not just Texas Hold 'Em.

Mike Therien, The Ottawa Sun's Editor in Chief, added, "We are very excited about this poker column. Texas Hold 'Em is like a religion in Canada now, and Daniel is the guy the players worship."
This sounds scary :eh:

Yea Daniel is getting too big. We are gonna have to chop him off at the knees or something. I mean seriously! Its poker people! Flying around the world every week, throwing pitches at baseball games, filming movies, staring in video games, ambassador of a huge a$$ hotel, endorsing products, syndicated news column, etc etcI mean its getting a bit ridiculous dont you think? It's poker people!(hopefully my sarcasm and jealousy came through OK, keep up the great work DN)

So is there gonna be any way for us schmoes that don't live in Seattle, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Bridgewater, Harrisburg or Vancouver to read the column?
Call your local newspaper and tell them you would like to see Daniel's column. Then have your friends call in. I would imagine that editors of newspapers listen to their readers requests.-Travis
  • 9 months later...

Couldn't find anything about this in the forum yet, so just wanted to let people in the Grand Rapids area know that I saw Daniel's column in the GR Press last night (Wed 2/22). I was really excited to see that the press has decided to run the column.:club:

• 2 months later...

Hey Daniel, I have started an online group to collect signatures for the removal of Phil Hellmuths Poker column in the Miami Herald. We want them to replace him with you.... It is quite unfortunate we have to read every week on how good PH is and how many celebrity friends he has....

Hey Daniel, I have started an online group to collect signatures for the removal of Phil Hellmuths Poker column in the Miami Herald. We want them to replace him with you.... It is quite unfortunate we have to read every week on how good PH is and how many celebrity friends he has....
Where's the link?
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind some Boston love for that column

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Daniel, better make another post. 6,666 post's cant be good for poker!

• 4 months later...