Let's All Laugh About Police Officers Getting Shot

How about it?? It's good for a laugh, wouldn't you say??Or, how about this instead:Hey Bubble Boy - try giving a little bit back to the community where you live. Try practicing some real charity that others might not know about, that isn't publicized, that isn't tailor-made to increase your marketability. I don't know. Maybe DN is really generous. Maybe he actually cares about more than his expensive cars and his electronic toys and his adorable little dog. But you sure wouldn't know it by listening/reading what he's got to say. DN is just coming off as a flake w/ no attachment to the real world. The public seeing through people like him is the reason why the poker boom is soon to bust.

yea, poker is a short lived fadand fyi, the people rasing money on the phone are taking about a 40-60% cut from the policeman's donations.you're a fool to donate to telemarketers for law enforcement.

I like when people rag on Daniel but keep on reading his blogs and posting on his forums. . ."bubble boy"- he he he

i don't really want to debate details of the telemarketing industry.suffice it to say that the telemarketing companies take a big cut.also suffice it to say that not too many citizens walk into their local police station and open up the wallet to donate to the fund for fallen officers. so, police and groups need the telemarketers to secure this stream of donations.oh well, the post sounds harsh and all. but i'm kind of sick of poker players being lionized, especially when these are the values they put out there. hidden or, better term - latent - spiritual/religious values don't really make up for the deficit, imo.

How about it?? It's good for a laugh, wouldn't you say??Or, how about this instead:Hey Bubble Boy - try giving a little bit back to the community where you live. Try practicing some real charity that others might not know about, that isn't publicized, that isn't tailor-made to increase your marketability. I don't know. Maybe DN is really generous. Maybe he actually cares about more than his expensive cars and his electronic toys and his adorable little dog. But you sure wouldn't know it by listening/reading what he's got to say. DN is just coming off as a flake w/ no attachment to the real world. The public seeing through people like him is the reason why the poker boom is soon to bust.
Yeah, that's what he said all right. "Let's laugh at Cops getting shot!"Are you on crack and bitter, or just on crack?What's it like living your angst filled life so completely and utterly clueless?Sucks to be you dude.
i don't really want to debate details of the telemarketing industry.suffice it to say that the telemarketing companies take a big cut.also suffice it to say that not too many citizens walk into their local police station and open up the wallet to donate to the fund for fallen officers. so, police and groups need the telemarketers to secure this stream of donations.oh well, the post sounds harsh and all. but i'm kind of sick of poker players being lionized, especially when these are the values they put out there. hidden or, better term - latent - spiritual/religious values don't really make up for the deficit, imo.
thats a new one for me.
Wow, re-read what you wrote. Think about it for a second, and then ask yourself, "Wasn't that totally stupid?" If you still can't wrap your head around it, let me help you out: If I discussed charitable things I do in the blog that would be publicizing it. However, since I DON'T post stuff like that you ASSUME that I don't do it? Think about it, what do you know about what I do for charity? How could you know? If you DID know, well then, I'd be publicizing it so it would negate the act in your mind. Lastly, why in the world do you read the blog? It can't possibly be manditory reading at your junior high school, so why do you put yourself through it? It will never cease to amaze me that people hate the blog so much yet they read it on a regular basis?
Lastly, why in the world do you read the blog? It can't possibly be manditory reading at your junior high school, so why do you put yourself through it? It will never cease to amaze me that people hate the blog so much yet they read it on a regular basis?
lmao.nh :club:

Can one of you post the following for me at pocketfives: Before you get all bent out of shape about the "horrible" thing that I did, first you have to understand that the guy on the other end of the line is trying to pull a total scam on me. The police collection fund is one of the most well known scams in the country and it's been around a long time. I knew a guy who once operated one of these scams. They tell you it's for this or that, but it's really just a scam to fill their pockets. LESS THAN 5% of the money you donate to a telemarketer saying he is representing the police will actually go to where they say it'll go. The rest, will go to the scam. Had this been a legitimate request to donate money, do you really think I would have mocked the guy?

Well D, it was gross and disgusting, but I slogged in over there and posted the rebuttal you asked.(had to type it in long for some reason, they wouldn't let me cut and paste! lol)Anyway, for what it's worth, you're post is now their new thread. Hope they get a clue.They suck. GL in Reno!Peace!

Wow, this is really blown out of proportion. I may not think it was a great thing, but these posts are way over the top.But wouldn't you expect something like this Daniel? Within poker, you're a well-known figure who publicizes a substantial amount of his life in a journal open to the public. Even in a broader spectrum, you're possibly minor celebrity. I would expect somebody or some people to take offense and waste their time flaming you not only due to the anonymity of the internet, but also because people are just that plain stupid. I know that when I write reviews for a website I help run, I get people insulting me on a consistent basis. Hell, my boring, obscure, worthless journal gets flamed and I'm just a college student. Most of the time, I don't even write things worth reading (unless you like hearing about me kicking *** at micro-limit poker tables, which I assume you don't).I apologize for sounding preachy at times. I guess it's the way I come off here. But overall, I'm really not surprised that this happened. There's always a bad apple that spoils the bunch in online forums. Just keep in mind that they're the minority and that majority do respect you :club:

Wow, this is really blown out of proportion. I may not think it was a great thing, but these posts are way over the top.But wouldn't you expect something like this Daniel? Within poker, you're a well-known figure who publicizes a substantial amount of his life in a journal open to the public. Even in a broader spectrum, you're possibly minor celebrity. I would expect somebody or some people to take offense and waste their time flaming you not only due to the anonymity of the internet, but also because people are just that plain stupid. I know that when I write reviews for a website I help run, I get people insulting me on a consistent basis. Hell, my boring, obscure, worthless journal gets flamed and I'm just a college student. Most of the time, I don't even write things worth reading (unless you like hearing about me kicking *** at micro-limit poker tables, which I assume you don't).I apologize for sounding preachy at times. I guess it's the way I come off here. But overall, I'm really not surprised that this happened. There's always a bad apple that spoils the bunch in online forums. Just keep in mind that they're the minority and that majority do respect you :club:
Oh, don't kid yourself, I'm not surprised a bit, lol. I've been posting on internet forums for about 8 years now so I have a good idea what to expect. I just figured I'd enlighten this poster who clearly got the wrong idea.

I had a buddy who did the same telemarketing job for firefighters. He told me that they were instructed to make people feel guilty, let them know that if they didn't have the money for equipment they wouldn't be able to save children in a burning building, etc. He never told me how much the firefighters received, but let me know that he got a commission for every donation one of his calls resulted in.I am definitely pro-law enforcement and fire fighting, so if I choose to give it would be a donation to my local department where I know and trust the individuals running it. It's unfortunate that some scam artists are robbing a lot of people of their hard earned money.

I know christians aren't sposed to lie. But next time say he was trying to sell you windows.
The old windows scam...oldest one in the books. First they sell you windows, so you can "see your kids and keep them safe"Then it's drapes so you can "keep the filth of the world from your children's eys"then it's amonia based window cleaner, which harms the environment.then you need to fund the "heal the birds" that fly into your squeeky clean windows.It's all a scamseriously, if you want to do good things for others, phone donations are about the worst way to help others.

I worked for a company like this while I was in high school. This was ten years ago and in Ontario but it was the exact same scam. Telemarketing at best generates sales/donations from 2% of the people that they call. That 2% must cover all operating costs like the building rental, utilities and labour. That leaves very little to actually go to the organization which is kind of the plan. These people move from state to state and set up these charity drives all the while paying themselves a decent chunk for all there "hard" work. If these were legitimate drives for things like fallen police officers don't you think that you'd see more advertising then just telemarketers?

Try practicing some real charity that others might not know about, that isn't publicized, that isn't tailor-made to increase your marketability.
Wow, re-read what you wrote. Think about it for a second, and then ask yourself, "Wasn't that totally stupid?"
:that was a much better retort than what I was going to write face:Good stuff.

oh well. figures. um, last time you read a book (besides the bible)? had an original thought?? the point is that you're bubble gum and soda pop. and all the kids in here love you because that's their diet. maybe if you had said in your blog - "i don't mind having a little fun with these callers because i know they're a scam..."but you didn't. dead letter anyways.i used to read your blog. i used to hang around this forum sometimes.then it started to dawn on me - wow, this guy's got the emotional maturity level of a teenager and the intelligence to boot. the values are pretty shallow, and there's no substance. the last entry did it for me. it really hit me how empty the whole thing is. of course the fanboys will defend you - but then didn't the kids who visited neverland defend michael jackson??

oh well. figures. um, last time you read a book (besides the bible)? had an original thought?? the point is that you're bubble gum and soda pop. and all the kids in here love you because that's their diet. maybe if you had said in your blog - "i don't mind having a little fun with these callers because i know they're a scam..."but you didn't. dead letter anyways.i used to read your blog. i used to hang around this forum sometimes.then it started to dawn on me - wow, this guy's got the emotional maturity level of a teenager and the intelligence to boot. the values are pretty shallow, and there's no substance. the last entry did it for me. it really hit me how empty the whole thing is. of course the fanboys will defend you - but then didn't the kids who visited neverland defend michael jackson??
This is really entertaining. I think you are the one that is hung up on DN's celebrity, or the stardom of poker celebs in general. Why bother with the negativity? I don't get it. I know it's easier to criticize, so I guess that's your schtick.It seems you are committed to exposing poker celebs as frauds. That's fine I guess...I just don't see why you make the effort. It seems "pretty shallow" on your part to keep ragging on DN, and I'm not sure your "emotional maturity" is all that evident. You are entertaining, though. You seem to get the responses from people, like me, who want to kill a few minutes while drinking a latte at Starbucks. That is your game, right? Getting comments from others? Now, who is the fraud?I don't believe anything you say. Your like a telemarketer...trying to sell something when no one wants to listen.

Lastly, why in the world do you read the blog? It can't possibly be manditory reading at your junior high school, so why do you put yourself through it?ZING!Here's a novel idea ...Why not use TAXES to pay for law enforcement and fire and rescue. I know it's a crazy idea, but maybe it will catch on some day.

This is really entertaining. I think you are the one that is hung up on DN's celebrity, or the stardom of poker celebs in general. Why bother with the negativity? I don't get it. I know it's easier to criticize, so I guess that's your schtick.It seems you are committed to exposing poker celebs as frauds. That's fine I guess...I just don't see why you make the effort. It seems "pretty shallow" on your part to keep ragging on DN, and I'm not sure your "emotional maturity" is all that evident. You are entertaining, though. You seem to get the responses from people, like me, who want to kill a few minutes while drinking a latte at Starbucks. That is your game, right? Getting comments from others? Now, who is the fraud?I don't believe anything you say. Your like a telemarketer...trying to sell something when no one wants to listen.
Very well said. Paragraphs are good, spelling checks out... Hmmm....