So, what else do poker players do?

I golf, and I write.Was ranked 120ish in all of houston when I was 16. Golf is the greatest past time. I still play at least 3 times a weak and try to keep up a +4 handicap.I also write quite a bit. If you havn't noticed my forums or more than long-winded. I've gotten 4 poems and 2 short-stories published. It's the greatest expression of human life.If I learn enough, i'de love to write a book on gambling. Not exactly creative writing, but it's something I love to enjoy.

I paintball, play a lot of video games, play guitar (well, i try), play cello. Girls dont play a big part in my life yet, I'm not very lucky in that department :cry:

I like some others love golf and it was my first passion only passed by poker. Reading is also one of my favorite things to do. As for other card games I have recently started to play gin rummy and find it fun and something else to gamble on.

I'm a part time Magician (just in case I don't make it in poker in Vegas)I also travel alot to find and ride roller coasters.When in town I spend it writing, playing golf and yes...the PS2!

Drinking and video games seem to be a popular choice. Poker, booze and video games. All get a bad rep, all 3 kick some serious ass, and if you mix all 3 you are in for a great night that you probably won't remember.
lol so true

I'm a soccer player, play some video games, hang out with friends, and I used to be big into paintball and bowling.I think both paintball and bowling have both helped my poker game... In paintball if you are not aggressive and don't take risks than you're screwed. Lots of the new players will go out and go to a bunker and sit there all game. The only way to win is to keep pushing, keep advancing bunkers, but you also have times where you need to back off and play cautiously. I think that definetly helped my approach to poker.In bowling you have to be very disciplined, be able to work well under pressure (had many times when it was down to me and i needed to strike out in the 10th... and I did it 8) ). If you are getting a bunch of unlucky breaks or you are down by a few pins, you have to keep calm. If you get mad all it does is mess you up and make you bowl even worse. Yep bowling has tilt too. (gotta brag a little here, I used to have a 200 average in 2 different leagues, and a 170 average in a sport shot league that I used to bowl in.)

ok besides working.. i play poker all the time read everything i can, watch all i can, i watch all the old tapes i have and new tapes i have from tv or have bought, i live eat and breath poker, but i also make plenty of time to step away from it and will sit down and play either x-box or my guitar, take trips with the wife and kids, and with the holidays comming i will be doing that more then poker these next few weeks. my wife and kids support me playing poker and infact my two kids play poker also with me sometimes a fun famliy poker night for cookies.... :D during the summer the famliy and are three dogs go up north to are cottages up on lake michigan and injoy sometime there with more poker games...lol still trying to make money grow on tress too as a side hobby....lol

video games and college studies. i love doing seasons on MVP baseball as the Yankees, trading and/or dumping all of their good players for young guys that i like (like Jody Gerut, Milton Bradley, Alex Cintron, Brandon Webb, and Cliff Lee) and then simming it to see how i do.

I play PC games, not console games. I usually play Warcraft 3, Starwars Battlefront and good old Quake 3. I also read a lot of philosophy. As observant people might've guessed from my name. No, it doesn't mean I'm a follower of the new age movement and have a large collection of crystals and a running tab at the local pyschic.I devote the rest of my time to learning everything I can about everything else.I'm a real nerd/geek.

Well, I guess I should get in on this topic too, Always good to know what everyones doing. I got a pretty busy life, cards included, I currently am studying for a double major Business Marketing/Journalism (thats the easiest way for me to say my degree is specialized.. its a mess really) I am on a 4 year scholarship through the Army ROTC, so I will be serving my country once I Graduate. On to the fun stuff.. hobbiesI saw someone mentioned rock climbing, I am doing something close to that, I am training for a smaller version of the Iron-Man and thats getting me real excited.Playing pokerWorking OutSchool Work (When time permits :D ) And ofcourse... the college life, can't go wrong with that

I like buiding thing with stone. LIttle retaining walls, pathways, whatever. Something about building a sacred garden santuary with lots of real granite, don't settle for that fakey artifcial man made las vegas look alike stone, this is the real deal and if anyone decides they dont like it when I'm dead it would take considerable time and effort to remove 50 tons of rock. I don't know why but I like that idea, so permanent.

i basically work, sit on my butt cause im recently single (THATS a little weird after five years of nothing but a girl), avoid the studies, and frequent the bars. notice no poker b/c lately all the dough has been going to booze