Official New York Jets Thread

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 greatwhite

greatwhite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,089 posts
  • Interests:poker, skiing, movies, following the yankees, knicks, and jets , and traveling
  • Favorite Poker Game:Pot Limit Omaha

Posted 25 December 2006 - 06:56 AM

View PostTeck_72, on Monday, December 18th, 2006, 7:18 AM, said:

I love your jets this year, I just wish they'd settle on one RB. Mangini should be up in the running for coach of the year, but NO's coach will def. win it.
I think he'll win it if the Jets make the playoffs. They were projected to win 5.5 games this year and they by far and away exceded those expectations. They control their own destiny now. I haven't been this pumped for a football game since 04.

#42 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 25 December 2006 - 07:24 AM

View Postgreatwhite, on Monday, December 25th, 2006, 6:56 AM, said:

I think he'll win it if the Jets make the playoffs. They were projected to win 5.5 games this year and they by far and away exceded those expectations. They control their own destiny now. I haven't been this pumped for a football game since 04.
I could see that. Which is why it is going to be so sweet when you guys lose to Joey Harrington. Anyone else going to be at the game tonight?? Look for me on the home side, 45 yd line 19 rows up.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#43 Yoda

Yoda

FCP Superstars Champion, Jedi Master & Lesbian Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,824 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 08:52 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, December 25th, 2006, 10:24 AM, said:

I could see that. Which is why it is going to be so sweet when you guys lose to Joey Harrington. Anyone else going to be at the game tonight?? Look for me on the home side, 45 yd line 19 rows up.
Hope you enjoyed getting rained on and watching ...Cleo Lemen was it? Who the fck is that? Get off my field.SQUISH THE FISH!

[15:06] <Jan99> go J E T S

#44 greatwhite

greatwhite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,089 posts
  • Interests:poker, skiing, movies, following the yankees, knicks, and jets , and traveling

Posted 25 December 2006 - 08:55 PM

View PostYoda, on Monday, December 25th, 2006, 11:52 PM, said:

Hope you enjoyed getting rained on and watching ...Cleo Lemen was it? Who the fck is that? Get off my field.SQUISH THE FISH!
Haha, from the looks of him it seems as though he should of been playing over Joey Harrington this whole time.

#45 erac22

erac22

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:Magic Hat #9
  • Favorite Poker Game:Soft ones

Posted 26 December 2006 - 01:35 AM

I'm super psyched right now about this team. But this win highlighted some huge flaws. Our run defense gets cut up by mediocre rb's, the running game is useless on first down, and Pennington's lack of armstrength (which the announcers tonight reminded us of ever 8 seconds) left Washington and Coles in very vulnerable positions. Not to mention one of of Pennington's underthrown out passes should have been intercepted. Finally, we've been lucky that Graham's holding mishaps haven't cost us. But Nugent was good again, the special teams had another solid game (with the exception of the punt fumble which was unlucky) the defense got the job done when they had to, and the TD pass was perfect. I hope they come out fired up next week. This is exactly the kind of game that the "same ole jets" would lose in excruciating fashion.erac
I like you, do you like me?

#46 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:07 AM

View PostYoda, on Monday, December 25th, 2006, 8:52 PM, said:

Lemon looked good. Dont know if that is good or depressing. Congrats Jets. But you cant be super excited after watching them can you? ronnie brown ran all over them, pennington throws about as hard as my sister, and they are just lucky the dolphins offense is offensive.Amazing the Jets are going to make the playoffs....but they are going to get ****ing stomped by the Colts or Pats.

#47 greatwhite

greatwhite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:11 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Tuesday, December 26th, 2006, 10:07 AM, said:

Lemon looked good. Dont know if that is good or depressing. Congrats Jets. But you cant be super excited after watching them can you? ronnie brown ran all over them, pennington throws about as hard as my sister, and they are just lucky the dolphins offense is offensive.Amazing the Jets are going to make the playoffs....but they are going to get ****ing stomped by the Colts or Pats.
I don't think they'll get stomped. They played both teams really close during the regular season and beat the Pats in Foxborro. With the Colt defense and the way Peyton Manning plays in the postseason they aren't exactly a lock either. I think that San Diego or Baltimore would stomp us though.

#48 Yoda

Yoda

• Members
  • 5,824 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 09:10 AM

I am pretty sure everyone said the Colts would kick our ass 4 years ago in the first round of the playoffs too. What was that final score? 41-0? I was there...Just Sayin.

#49 erac22

erac22

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 09:58 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Tuesday, December 26th, 2006, 7:07 AM, said:

This is just silly. The jets match up great against Indy. We have no run defense, but they have no running game. Our running game sucks, but they have no run defense. And if there's anyone who can figure out a way to confuse Manning, it's Mangini. On paper we're pretty screwed against the pats, but we already beat them, so go figure. I'm just afraid to see what LT would do against our d.

#50 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:14 PM

View Posterac22, on Tuesday, December 26th, 2006, 9:58 AM, said:

This is just silly. The jets match up great against Indy. We have no run defense, but they have no running game. Our running game sucks, but they have no run defense. And if there's anyone who can figure out a way to confuse Manning, it's Mangini. On paper we're pretty screwed against the pats, but we already beat them, so go figure. I'm just afraid to see what LT would do against our d.
Just an opinion. Whatever you thought of last night's game against the dolphins....pennington looked like CRAP. I think he is a terrible cold/bad weather QB which does not bode well if they have to face NE. I think the Pats would stomp them.The points about the Colts from you and Yoda are valid. I might have been talking a bit out of bitterness. They could give the Colts a run but I dont see them winning at RCA. And Yoda....that 41-0 game was a very very different time. NFL changes too much from year to year to read anything into that.

#51 erac22

erac22

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:32 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Tuesday, December 26th, 2006, 7:14 PM, said:

Just an opinion. Whatever you thought of last night's game against the dolphins....pennington looked like CRAP. I think he is a terrible cold/bad weather QB which does not bode well if they have to face NE. I think the Pats would stomp them.The points about the Colts from you and Yoda are valid. I might have been talking a bit out of bitterness. They could give the Colts a run but I dont see them winning at RCA. And Yoda....that 41-0 game was a very very different time. NFL changes too much from year to year to read anything into that.
Playing at the RCA dome is advantage Jets IMO. Their away record is great and Pennington is historically better in domes. Point taken about them vs Pats.erac

#52 Yoda

Yoda

• Members
  • 5,824 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:21 AM

A bad cold weather quarterback? Where do you get this stuff? Despite the rather mild winter we are having, Giants Stadium is not exactly a warm weather stadium. Cold weather does not bother this football team. Perhaps you are thinking of the Dolphins.

#53 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:10 AM

View PostYoda, on Wednesday, December 27th, 2006, 7:21 AM, said:

A bad cold weather quarterback? Where do you get this stuff? Despite the rather mild winter we are having, Giants Stadium is not exactly a warm weather stadium. Cold weather does not bother this football team. Perhaps you are thinking of the Dolphins.
It has been unseasonably warm all year in new york. Dont you live in carolina?? :)And the harder it is to grip the ball the worse pennington gets because he could never get much juice on the ball to begin with. So in snow, which he might see in Foxboro, I would predict Pennington would have just a nightmarish game. Or it could be 50 and sunny and he will be fine but they Jets will lose anyway.The dolphins have always always been bad in the cold no matter who is the QB. Which is to be expected. My point was anything that makes it harder to grip the ball is going to give Chad fits.....because he is a soft tosser to begin with. Dont get me wrong....Chad is alright....the dolphins are starting Cleo Lemon next week so I would take Steve Deberg right now if I could.

#54 Yoda

Yoda

• Members
  • 5,824 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:15 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, December 27th, 2006, 1:10 PM, said:

It has been unseasonably warm all year in new york. Dont you live in carolina?? :)And the harder it is to grip the ball the worse pennington gets because he could never get much juice on the ball to begin with. So in snow, which he might see in Foxboro, I would predict Pennington would have just a nightmarish game. Or it could be 50 and sunny and he will be fine but they Jets will lose anyway.The dolphins have always always been bad in the cold no matter who is the QB. Which is to be expected. My point was anything that makes it harder to grip the ball is going to give Chad fits.....because he is a soft tosser to begin with. Dont get me wrong....Chad is alright....the dolphins are starting Cleo Lemon next week so I would take Steve Deberg right now if I could.
My family has had Jets season tickets since I was 6 years old, only moved to Carolina a year ago. Regardless, it has been unseasonably warm throughout most of the country this winter so it wasn't meant to be breaking news. The fact is, snow is going to make it tough to throw the ball for ANY quarterback, and cold weather isn't going to make Chad any less effective (even if his effectiveness is admittedly only mediocre at times).

#55 Steamed Rice

Steamed Rice

Steaming

• Members
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:46 PM

View Postking_tanner, on Tuesday, August 29th, 2006, 7:13 PM, said:

I think they made a good pick with D'Brickshaw. He not only has the best name in the NFL, he also has skillZ.
i just checked this thread now, but let me say that "LaDainian Tomlinson" is the best name in the NFLregarding the Jets, they faced an easy schedule, but they are my favourite team and i hope they get to face the Colts in round 1

#56 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:20 PM

View PostSteamed Rice, on Wednesday, December 27th, 2006, 1:46 PM, said:

i just checked this thread now, but let me say that "LaDainian Tomlinson" is the best name in the NFLregarding the Jets, they faced an easy schedule, but they are my favourite team and i hope they get to face the Colts in round 1
You are so way off sir. The best name in football is Chris Fu'Amatu Ma'afala.He's a bad Ma'afala.

#57 erac22

erac22

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:01 PM

Wooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!! I thought we'd get 4 wins this season. I'm super stoked to be able to watch the Jets for another week. Gang Green has gave me both a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

#58 supertouch

supertouch

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Interests:poker, music, comics, movies

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:13 PM

PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!what a season.
stars- rightbrigade
ftp- new direction
bodog- supertouch

#59 greatwhite

greatwhite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:43 PM

Hurray! We're in. Did you really think we were only going to get 4 wins erac22? I thought they would get at least 6-7. Now hopefully we'll get the Colts in the first round.

#60 greatwhite

greatwhite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:09 PM

The Pats are a bad matchup for the Jets, but hey...they beat them last time in Foxborough. The Jets are riding a 3 game win streak so at least they have some momentum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users