Restealing

a link to a thread on DC. wanna see what some the big dogs here have to say:restealing overrated?also, since there is like ZERO traffic here anymore, would you guys like for me to post a complete HH of a donkament to go throu? just to try and give something to talk about.

Some good discussion there imo. Your logic about restealing with K7o over JTs is mathematically flawed though. Just try it in stove and you'll see why.As for the talk about restealing in STTs, I actually think it's a horrible strategy. Granted I play turbos and stacks are usually very shallow, but they are won in shove/fold. And in most cases, the only reads you are making are quick glances at HUD stats. The only time I will shove over an open is when I think I'm ahead of their range. Anything else I would consider a spew.....unless I had a chiplead on the bubble and I'm in equity abuse mode.

[ ] a linkninja edit :club:
very ninja!
Some good discussion there imo. Your logic about restealing with K7o over JTs is mathematically flawed though. Just try it in stove and you'll see why.As for the talk about restealing in STTs, I actually think it's a horrible strategy. Granted I play turbos and stacks are usually very shallow, but they are won in shove/fold. And in most cases, the only reads you are making are quick glances at HUD stats. The only time I will shove over an open is when I think I'm ahead of their range. Anything else I would consider a spew.....unless I had a chiplead on the bubble and I'm in equity abuse mode.
im not saying to default restealing, under the right settings. im not saying it should happen too often. im more trying to think about the risk reward of tourny equity assuming we know it is a profitable resteal. like maybe a bubble spot when we are shipping on the 2nd in chips, chip leader is out of the hand, SB vs BB and we are BB and know villain is shoving like atc from playing tons with him. That is a good point thou bc we kinda all were assuming a profitable steal spot. this doesnt come up like ever in a game where villains are not aggro imo, which is extremely important to note.yah looking back at the j10 vs k7 thing, your right, i was fixating too much on st8 up showdown value unimproved.
if you want to post hands, i usually look over them :club:
the problem is i generally feel i either run into hands or get coolered, so i dont want to post hands i feel i played correctly. so its more a look for leaks thing. i know i have them, just not sure where.
the problem is i generally feel i either run into hands or get coolered, so i dont want to post hands i feel i played correctly. so its more a look for leaks thing. i know i have them, just not sure where.
I'll look at some sng histories if you want.
I'll look at some sng histories if you want.
when i get a chance ill find one i went deep in. it may be a stars one from a few months ago. seeing how A.) my results have been so much better, and B.) i feel so much better about my play: i assume there will be loads of mistakes in there. sooner or later ill get around to posting a ftp one.
Well if you're not sure where the leaks are, you may be looking at the hands you feel you played correctly with a flawed mindset. I'd say post hands anyways.
Well if you're not sure where the leaks are, you may be looking at the hands you feel you played correctly with a flawed mindset. I'd say post hands anyways.
fair enough good point. ok ill go over my HH's tonight and see what i get

I'd love to talk some more SnG stuff here. Lately I've been playing turbos (which is new for me, but I like them a lot better than spending an hour on each game). I've been bubbling way more than I'd like. I feel like every time I try to hang on to the money, someone makes some ridiculous comeback from 200 chips. And every time I try to push marginal edges, I get punished for it. I don't have any specific hand in mind at the moment, but would like to just talk more in general about SnG strategy, so if your histories help get that going, it'd be great.