1hr Consult With Dn

AUCTION TIME!With DN's permission, I have decided to auction off the one-hour consultation with Daniel Negreanu I won in the 2006 Negreanu Open Tournament Of Champions.This was the description for the 1 hour consult used in the Neg O prize FAQ ...(modified)one hour of phone consultation/coaching with Daniel Negreanu It's really an hour Q&A.The winning bid amount will be matched by Daniel and the entire proceeds will be donated to the local charity; Teen Challenge House of Promise.The House of Promise is a non-profit 501-C3 residential program for mothers who have life controlling habits, in most cases involving substance abuse. It is one of only a very few in the United States where the mothers can and must attend with their preschool children. The House of Promise has been in operation two years. It is an affiliate of a worldwide organization, Teen Challenge USA, which has been successfully changing lives since 1958.Basically, this is a group home where young mothers(usually teenagers) are required to live for one year during which time they will be provided with a stable supportive environment to grow while working and going to school.Here's how the auction will work:The auction will end October 6th at 00:00 EST.Only serious bids will be accepted.Bob and myself will have the ultimate decision on what constitutes a serious bid. (House of Promise does not take Brazillian dollars)I will edit this post regularly to reflect the current winning bid.The person who wins the auction can transfer funds to me on Stars or Full Tilt and I will take care of getting the donation to the House of Promise. If this is not possible, I will accept an overnight check and once it clears the donation will be made to the House of Promise. If the winner does not complete the payment in a timely fashion, then the 1 hour consultation will go to the next highest bidder.EDIT 9-29-07: After trying to find a solution to the issue of making sure the winning bidder gets the tax receipt, a person who has a lot of experience with promotions has recommended that a certified check made out to the House of Promise would be sufficiently secure.I hope this will allow anyone who may have had reservations about not getting a tax receipt the encouragement to place a winning bid.After the money is collected and the donation is made, the winner will coordinate with Bob a time frame for the 1 hour consult. Depending on Daniel's schedule, this may take some time to coordinate.This is NOT an official Full Contact Poker contest but is being held with permission from FCP_INFO (Bob) and Daniel Negreanu.Any questions about the auction will be answered in this thread.Let's get a bidding WAR started!Winning Bid:TWELVE HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS by Balloon guy

Extra $100 for the charityPretty lady winning the side betSmack down a modwin/win/win
best.post.ever
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what exactly is the 1-hr consultation
This was the description used in the Neg O prize FAQ ...choice of a one hour of phone consultation/coaching with Daniel Negreanu or a one hour online heads up poker session against Daniel where you can play and discuss hands/strategies! it is really an hour Q&APinned

Glengary, you really rock the casbah. Can I make a joke about poker players giving money to young women who obviously put out? No? I didn't think so. That's tacky.In all seriousness, I think this is a fabulous idea about what to do with the prize and I'm glad Daniel is on board. Much better than my idea of talking with Lori for an hour if I won it.

This was the description used in the Neg O prize FAQ ...choice of a one hour of phone consultation/coaching with Daniel Negreanu or a one hour online heads up poker session against Daniel where you can play and discuss hands/strategies! it is really an hour Q&APinned
doh, I knew I was missing something.....like a description of the actual prize. I'm stealing this and putting it in the original post.
Glengary, you really rock the casbah. Can I make a joke about poker players giving money to young women who obviously put out? No? I didn't think so. That's tacky.In all seriousness, I think this is a fabulous idea about what to do with the prize and I'm glad Daniel is on board. Much better than my idea of talking with Lori for an hour if I won it.
:club::

How does the online HU session work?If he beats you, does he give you the money back, lol? Otherwise, it could turn out to be the most expensive poker lesson in history!e.g - KidPoker wins pot ($400)KidPoker says "Yeah, you really should have folded there"Auction Winner says "Oh, thanks for the tip!"?

How does the online HU session work?If he beats you, does he give you the money back, lol? Otherwise, it could turn out to be the most expensive poker lesson in history!e.g - KidPoker wins pot ($400)KidPoker says "Yeah, you really should have folded there"Auction Winner says "Oh, thanks for the tip!"?
It's a one hour phone call to talk about poker, shoes or whatever.
Are we allowed to bid on it in the thread? If so I put up 200 dollars.
Wow, you guys couldn't start off the bidding at like $5 bucks or something? lol :club:
We set that part of it up nearly a year ago and that wont be part of the 2007 prize. The original thinking was the ability to play for 20 or 30 minutes at whatever stakes then talk about the hands or go through hand histories. After further thinking it was realized that this would take up alot of the valuable 1 hour time so most people would use the time as just a phone consult.If you have specific hands you have played or posted in strategy, hands that have bothered you, what would you have done, etc etc those are great opportunities for this prize.An hour is a LONG time on the phone so the winner should have a list of things they want to ask/know/learn versus trying just to wing it.This truely is a fantastic opportunity to learn 1:1 from one of the best poker players in the world and even better it's a charitable contribution.
It says it's a choice between a phone call, or an online HU session though? Is the choice not there now?
I'll edit my post.
Well GWCGWC started the min bet at 100 dollars. It looks like I'm going to have to deposit 400 dollars on stars.
Honestly, I'm hoping you get crushed in the bidding and have to deposit more than 400 to win. :club: