Absolutely Berated!

Ok, first of all, I'm playing in a $3SNG, I know..I know. Anyhow...4 remain, I'm the BB with 6400, Ad9d. 100/200.Button is the 2nd biggest stack with 3800, he raises to 800. SB folds.Button is very LAG, he's pretty much mastered the art of betting, but forgot the part about decent cards, you know the type. I'm positive I have the best hand so I let him know, repop to 1800. Now any sane player would fold to an obvious broadcast from the only guy at the table that can bust him..but alas he pushes, and I call.Result is irrelavant (I ended up flopping the nut flush), but the guy goes on to absolutely scream about my re-raise. I quote "you re-raise with that junk, you're terrible, you just thought I was stealin the blinds" to which I reply "umm you were, K10 is not the hand to go broke with" yadda yadda. Soo..who's the idiot?? I was certain I had the best hand, and I was willing to go with my read on the kid..bad play? You decide.

Ok, first of all, I'm playing in a $3SNG, I know..I know. Anyhow...4 remain, I'm the BB with 6400, Ad9d. 100/200.Button is the 2nd biggest stack with 3800, he raises to 800. SB folds.Button is very LAG, he's pretty much mastered the art of betting, but forgot the part about decent cards, you know the type. I'm positive I have the best hand so I let him know, repop to 1800. Now any sane player would fold to an obvious broadcast from the only guy at the table that can bust him..but alas he pushes, and I call.Result is irrelavant (I ended up flopping the nut flush), but the guy goes on to absolutely scream about my re-raise. I quote "you re-raise with that junk, you're terrible, you just thought I was stealin the blinds" to which I reply "umm you were, K10 is not the hand to go broke with" yadda yadda. Soo..who's the idiot?? I was certain I had the best hand, and I was willing to go with my read on the kid..bad play? You decide.
EH both are pretty questionable plays..If you are gonna re raise, don't bother with anything but an all in at this juncture..Since your at the bubble, I'd be willing to let this one go as chip leader and not mess w/ the guy that can break my stack..I'd rather not flip coins/ be 60/40 on the bubble for this many chips when I can kind of cruise into the money and then play more poker
don't give resultsdon't say what villain had.that's all I have to say on this handlearn how to post properly.
Whoa, feeling a little saucy today are we?? This hand isn't so much about the results, it's the combination of my preflop read of the player and subsequent re-raise to take the pot pre-flop with A9..carry on

well hes probably not folding to your 1000 chip re-raise if hes the kind of player that you describe...so if you really wanna move him off his hand, a push would be a better play here...but like throw said, why make this play at this stage...playing a huge pot with the one stack that can really hurt you

well hes probably not folding to your 1000 chip re-raise if hes the kind of player that you describe...so if you really wanna move him off his hand, a push would be a better play here...but like throw said, why make this play at this stage...playing a huge pot with the one stack that can really hurt you
Quite simply my biggest leak, if I feel I have the best hand by the slightest margin, I want to gamble for all the chips..*shrug*
Whoa, feeling a little saucy today are we?? This hand isn't so much about the results, it's the combination of my preflop read of the player and subsequent re-raise to take the pot pre-flop with A9..carry on
don't you understand how posting what he had will influence responders?don't you know we know you posted what he has so we would know you had the best hand preflop?don't you know people that play $3 tournies should not pretend to *know* they have the best handand if so, don't give him 3:1 almost to call the preflop raise with the stacks as they are.and calling a push is here on the buble although getting almost 3:1 seems +cEV, it's taking unecessary risks.ok..that's what I was going to say.

Sort of ironic that you are berating me in the post about being berated..."Cuz I've got one hand in my pocket...and the other one's smoking a cigarette" :club:

Well then, no. I'll go ahead and not look him up because I have a feeling I'll lose all the respect I have for you and your ideas.

Ye he spiked a J, and took a nice pot.I was surprised, but o well, cant win all of them.
I would have called him....and let him bluff the rest off to me..You had the right read! no one can tell u you made the wrong play here....

Putting our stack at risk on a VERY marginal hand on the bubble verse a loose opponent is not the right play..If this guy is such a donkey, you can find a better edge than the one you have here..Very rarely are you going to be dominating someone with A9..Very frequently, judging by your read on Villain, can you get him dominated with AK-AJ once you get 3 handed

Putting our stack at risk on a VERY marginal hand on the bubble verse a loose opponent is not the right play..If this guy is such a donkey, you can find a better edge than the one you have here..Very rarely are you going to be dominating someone with A9..Very frequently, judging by your read on Villain, can you get him dominated with AK-AJ once you get 3 handed
Gawd people...we're four-handed, not 10 handed...we're endgame, not early in the tourney.We can quite reasonably expect to be blinded off if we wait for a for sure better than 60% advantage over a specific player.I have yet to figure out why so many people are willing to risk their tournament life on a 51% advantage on the first hand, but not a 60% advantage in the late stages, bubble or not.Really, how many times, from now to the end of the tourney, do you expect to get AJ-AK, AND on top of that, have that particular donkey get dealt AT or lower on the same hand?
no one can tell u you made the wrong play here....
Yeah, I can. I would either fold preflop (your best choice) or push all-in preflop. The raise to 1800 is terrifically weak, and he is getting odds to call with any 2 cards. If he does flat-call then you are playing Ace-high out of position. And if he pushes then you really should fold.
Gawd people...
I had problems with his postHis flop raiseAnd calling an all in (although at that point, laynig down would be tough)I think he should push or fold preflopI'd fold because I don't like the hands that call a push vs A9.At this stage, we don't know we are 60% against this guyThe Race early mentality probably comes from, little time invested, and long time to go; wheras now, we can cash with a little prudence

Here is my two cents…Whether at the beginning or the end of the tourney we cannot afford to pass up an edge, and arguably we should be more aggressive at bubble time with the big stack, imo.Let’s do some math…what range do we put villain on? You have an M of 21, which means you can be very patient. Villain’s M is 13 and in decent shape, so while you say he was LAG, only an idiot would raise the big stack’s BB with very little. Let me suggest he would raise with 22+, A8s+, KTs+, A8o+, KTo+. Your equity against this range is 45%, so you are a 1.2:1 underdog, and the pot is offering 1.4:1 not nearly enough assuming you'll have to put more in the pot as an underdog.Clear fold, imo.

Here is my two cents…Whether at the beginning or the end of the tourney we cannot afford to pass up an edge, and arguably we should be more aggressive at bubble time with the big stack, imo.Let’s do some math…what range do we put villain on? You have an M of 21, which means you can be very patient. Villain’s M is 13 and in decent shape, so while you say he was LAG, only an idiot would raise the big stack’s BB with very little. Let me suggest he would raise with 22+, A8s+, KTs+, A8o+, KTo+. Your equity against this range is 45%, so you are a 1.2:1 underdog, and the pot is offering 1.4:1 not nearly enough assuming you'll have to put more in the pot as an underdog.Clear fold, imo.
Your M is 21, your effective M is under 10.And frankly, I'd put any ace in his range, any two broadway, a few lower suited connectors, perhaps 78s, and give him a 10-15% chance of even having absolute garbage in hopes that he is playing some like you who would fold here, so he could steal the pot.In fact, by his beration, he is expecting a fold here, and so, if he is expecting a fold, he could push with two Uno cards.NOTE: I do think his best move was to push preflop, not reraise that puke amount, but, once pushed, I think it's a call based on my above thoughts.btw - not sure what you're calculating...are you calculating calling the SB's first raise, or the push...because calling the push is offering you 3:1....and as far as the first raise, I literally put the villain on ANY two cards.

I'm with Shpaget on this one - against a very loose player on the button; his range is pretty wide.A9s is an easy push for me from the BB in that spot. Most of the time we're ahead and in good shape.Only thing I don't like is the small reraise; just push and make him call off of his chips.

can we agree the raise is worse than folding though ?As far as whether I push or not preflop, i need to actually be playing there.A poster ( who posts scared a lot ) and relies a ton on "keen" reading ability is not persuading me. We gain little with a fold compared to what we risk from a call. I'm tight on bubble though