How Would You Play This Hand?

limp with 5d6d. 3 other limpers (sb, bb, 3rd position)flop comes 3d 4d 5c sb checks, bb pushes, 3rd position folds...what do you do?about 7 mins into the tourney, 10/20 blinds and I have 1740 chips (start with 1500).personally i fold here, it's just not worth it at this stage, especially with this field that I know I could kill if I just pick my spots.Unfortunately, I was in the shower and a buddy was playing for me and he pushed as well...other guy had Ac2s. and no help came.I don't feel it's a bad play, it's a great drawing hand, but I personally put the guy who pushes with an overpair and would've laid it down.What would y'all do?shawn...

I take it BB had more chips than you?If I was first to act, I'd probably do the pushing.I'd probably call here.You're at least 50/50. and there is some overlay.Personal prefernce.In a big buy-in, I"d be more timid and wait for a bigger edge.That's not sound strategy, it's just my utility curve.

Easy fold considering the size of the pot compared to the huge bet. Not worth the risk to try to catch your straight when he could already have it, or have 2 higher diamonds or any pair higher than sixes.

I don't feel it's a bad play, it's a great drawing hand, but I personally put the guy who pushes with an overpair and would've laid it down.
You're a favorite over most--if not all--overpairs(7 :club: 7x, may be the exception). But, In a pot that small, that early in the tournament, not necessarily worth it.

Putting him on an overpair?Lets look at a little stat here...Flop- 3d4d6h5d6d- Win 64.65%ThTc- Win 33.54%It might not be a lock, but folding cause you think he's on an overpair might not be the best idea.In a $10 tourney I call this every time.

Easy fold considering the size of the pot compared to the huge bet. Not worth the risk to try to catch your straight when he could already have it, or have 2 higher diamonds or any pair higher than sixes.
but villan can't have:An over pair and A Straight and a Flush Draw higher than ours.We can't fear all three from one player!We are a favorite.It's an easy call in a cash game.How do we fair vs a set here?it's just that in a tourney, maybe some prefer to not gamble early.

don't get me wrong..i know against an overpair we're favorite to win, i just don't like putting my money in with the worst hand....but i totally agree with the call as well..either play is fine with me..just trying to get some information on how other ppl feel about the play...

but villan can't have:An over pair and A Straight and a Flush Draw higher than ours.We can't fear all three from one player!We are a favorite.It's an easy call in a cash game.How do we fair vs a set here?it's just that in a tourney, maybe some prefer to not gamble early.
Daniel talked about this situation in a blog before.Your a slight underdog vs top set.and you were 55-45 vs a2 in your hand.most players try to get a lot of chips early on, because its easier to make a ft that way.?????????easy. :club:

i would call simply because you have a !!massive!! drawing hand top pair, and because its only for 10 bucks. in tourneys inder 20 bucks i just try to build a massive stack early on and take some risks to do so, if i lose what the hell, and if i do good then its all good

you don't take this oppourtunity because you can crush them later? so right now you have an oppourtunity where you KNOW you're a favorite to win, and you're waiting for.. yourself to flop the nuts or something?

i personally wouldn't call there b/c i've got basically nothing invested in the pot. That's just my personal opinion on the hand though. And I don't play tournies different based on buy in value. I play the same no matter what...if you're playing in a tourney different b/c of the value of the tourney, then you probably shouldn't be playing in that tournament to begin with.shawn...

i personally wouldn't call there b/c i've got basically nothing invested in the pot. That's just my personal opinion on the hand though.
what you already invested is completely irrelevant, except to the extent it's part of the pot you may want to fight for.
but villan can't have:An over pair and A Straight and a Flush Draw higher than ours.We can't fear all three from one player!
No he cannot have three hands. So?
We are a favorite.
In what way are you a favorite? Villain had a straight.
It's an easy call in a cash game.
This isn't a cash game.
How do we fair vs a set here?
Not particularly well.
it's just that in a tourney, maybe some prefer to not gamble early.
I guess, but if I'm gonna take a big gamble like that early I want it to be for a massive pot. Didn't anybody ever teach you guys 'Don't go broke on an unraised pot?'
No he cannot have three hands. So?In what way are you a favorite? Villain had a straight.I guess, but if I'm gonna take a big gamble like that early I want it to be for a massive pot. Didn't anybody ever teach you guys 'Don't go broke on an unraised pot?'
Against exactly Ac2s, we are a 55% favorite after the flop.Against a set, we are a 47-53 dog.Against an over pair we are a 65% favorite.Against a higher flush draw, we are a 63% favorite.Our worst case scenario, is Ad2d, and that means we are behind 28-72.Similarly, against a made nut straight, 67, we are 40% to win.Also, this is a pretty massive pot, there's now roughly 1800 chips in this pot that we have a chance to win. It's no longer just a pot of T80 or whatever the blinds were.Anyways, just some odds.- Zach
i personally wouldn't call there b/c i've got basically nothing invested in the pot. That's just my personal opinion on the hand though.
There's not much invested in the pot when you're BB and it folds to SB who goes all-in and you look down at AA, do you fold there too because you don't have much invested in the pot?
There's not much invested in the pot when you're BB and it folds to SB who goes all-in and you look down at AA, do you fold there too because you don't have much invested in the pot?
Nice. I do AA is rigged.
Against exactly Ac2s, we are a 55% favorite after the flop.Against a set, we are a 47-53 dog.Against an over pair we are a 65% favorite.Against a higher flush draw, we are a 63% favorite.Our worst case scenario, is Ad2d, and that means we are behind 28-72.Similarly, against a made nut straight, 67, we are 40% to win.Also, this is a pretty massive pot, there's now roughly 1800 chips in this pot that we have a chance to win. It's no longer just a pot of T80 or whatever the blinds were.Anyways, just some odds.- Zach
You didn't mention a set (the most likely holding IMO for this situation) to which you're trailing slightly.