Okay, my buddy was playing in this game and I wanted to generate some discussion about it for him. I want to see what everyone thinks of his line.The guy who raises here, my buddy described as an "uber aggressive post flop player".Seat 1: Daywalker82 ($240.65 in chips) Seat 2: horryclutch ($804.10 in chips) Seat 3: HERO ($150.25 in chips) Seat 4: baldoon ($45.85 in chips) Seat 5: adam001 ($321 in chips) Seat 6: SunTzuReps ($263 in chips) SunTzuReps: posts small blind $1Daywalker82: posts big blind $2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to HERO [Ah Ac]horryclutch: raises $4 to $6HERO: calls $6baldoon: folds adam001: folds SunTzuReps: folds Daywalker82: calls $4*** FLOP *** [Qd 7d Tc]Daywalker82: checks horryclutch: bets $10HERO: calls $10Daywalker82: calls $10*** TURN *** [Qd 7d Tc] [7c]Daywalker82: checks horryclutch: checks HERO: bets $20Daywalker82: folds horryclutch: calls $20*** RIVER *** [Qd 7d Tc 7c] [8s]horryclutch: checks HERO: bets $30

I guess I don't hate flat-calling in position to a player who is largely aggressive post-flop. However, he's setting himself up to play a pot 3-5 handed with AA OOP to a few players.He needs to show some aggression though. This flop is pretty bad for his hand. His turn bet isn't even 1/2 the pot, which is wayyyy too small. I'd bet about $40-50 here with 1092812 straight draws and 2 flush draws.

Meh, I hate being so passive.
I agree.I've had some really bad luck lately slow playing big hands. I can understand the logic of playing this to attract action, but it just gets you into trouble too often, especially with 4 players behind you yet to play.

I'm a big fan of getting creative with AA but I don't like this. Villian only raised up to 3BB p-flop and wih our call you can prolly be sure one or both of blinds will be calling this small raise. I bump pre-flop to 9BB or so.Too many draws out there to slowplay it like that on the flop. Espeically since 3 people went to flop, not two.Bet more on the turn to make those draws play.No flush hit on river so that is a good card. Villian probably has JJ or busted draw.

I definitely don't like the call on the flop. He needs to reraise at this point. Every bet was extremely weak and is begging to get drawn out on. Hopefully it held up for him.

Naismith, is this really a hand you played, but since it was played so bad, you made up a story about your "friend"?
LOL. No, when I have aces, I go for the limp-raise play and then open-muck the flop. :club:

I just want everyone to tell my buddy he played this hand as badly as I told him earlier ("worst I've ever seen anyone play a hand") so he learns from his bad play!

FPS

For the record it was me that played the hand horribly, something I openly admitted to Naismith (who has never beaten me heads up!). I was trying to get TOO creative and the table had been playing pretty tight. The reason for the small bets post flop and slow play was because I already realized I played it so bad that I wanted to cut the losses to a minimum, especially with an ugly flop like that. The "villain" had been making huge bets on the flop... pot sized and more.. so I was hoping that it would end up heads up with him forcing the flop action and me pushing back with the monster hand but obviously it didn't end up that way :club:

For the record it was me that played the hand horribly, something I openly admitted to Naismith (who has never beaten me heads up!). I was trying to get TOO creative and the table had been playing pretty tight. The reason for the small bets post flop and slow play was because I already realized I played it so bad that I wanted to cut the losses to a minimum, especially with an ugly flop like that. The "villain" had been making huge bets on the flop... pot sized and more.. so I was hoping that it would end up heads up with him forcing the flop action and me pushing back with the monster hand but obviously it didn't end up that way :D
It's okay that you had a reason for playing the hand the way you did, but you have to be willing to be flexible. I don't hate your plan against a villain like this, but once that flop comes out and he doesn't make his huge bet, you have to raise almost the size of the pot.So, your terrible playing wasn't your idea --- it was just sticking to that plan once it was time to jump off that train.You seem willing to listen though. That's good. Also, why did you wait 2.5 years to make your first post? :club:

I don't *hate* the preflop slowplay, but once a coordinated dangerous flop like that comes down, you NEED to raise and define your hand. You can certainly avoid going broke with AA once you see a flop like that, but you have to make some assertive moves to find out where you're at.

I am a total newb and have a question.Villian led out post flop, check called the turn, and checked the river. His post flop lead indicates to me he is trying to narrow the field because he has a marginal hand and it likely wouldn't hold up against a larger group. His check call as opposed to a continuation or check raise is a further indication of a marginal hand.His check on the river is a likely indication he would fold to decent size bet.But then again ISAP and have never won crap.

lol and people wonder why their aces get cracked.