Official 112th Congress Scorecard Thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently some members would like to begin by addressing the role that the filibuster plays in the Senate. I, for one, think this is a good thing. The filibuster is used way too often and in too willy-nilly a way. If you want to filibuster, then you should have to actually stand on the Senate floor.In addition, Obama would like to make tax reform a priority for this congress. Again, I think that's a good thing. Both sides would like to see a simplified tax code and would favor lower rates in exchange for less loopholes. Hopefully these discussions can be productive.

We did it for Obama lets do it for the 112th Congress.Thoughts
So far they haven't done anything.If they continue with this record they will be rated higher than any other congress.I suspect they will screw this plan up.Maybe if they spend all their time taking apart all the bad stuff that's been done for the last 20 years...

They are promising to read the Constitution in its entirety this Friday. On the one hand, silly political grandstanding. On the other hand, I've heard more about obeying the Constitution in the last couple of years than for the whole rest of my life, so if this helps continue that trend, I'll take it.In the end, though, R's don't care about the Constitution any more than the D's, and until we get a SC that has read it, the abuses will continue.

They are promising to read the Constitution in its entirety this Friday. On the one hand, silly political grandstanding. On the other hand, I've heard more about obeying the Constitution in the last couple of years than for the whole rest of my life, so if this helps continue that trend, I'll take it.In the end, though, R's don't care about the Constitution any more than the D's, and until we get a SC that has read it, the abuses will continue.
Pretty sure the constitution isn't divine, therefore caring about it is not a requirement to do the right thing.What we really need is a constitutional convention with designs to re-write the constitution from the ground floor.That ought to keep Washington out of our hair for a couple decades.
Pretty sure the constitution isn't divine, therefore caring about it is not a requirement to do the right thing.
I guess if you don't care about rule of law or any of those crazy old-fashioned ideas like rights and stuff, then no, caring about it isn't important. Fortunately, the number of people who do care about those things is growing, and the old guard from both party is becoming obsolete. It probably won't be complete in my lifetime, but I have hope for my kids.
Apparently some members would like to begin by addressing the role that the filibuster plays in the Senate. I, for one, think this is a good thing. The filibuster is used way too often and in too willy-nilly a way. If you want to filibuster, then you should have to actually stand on the Senate floor.In addition, Obama would like to make tax reform a priority for this congress. Again, I think that's a good thing. Both sides would like to see a simplified tax code and would favor lower rates in exchange for less loopholes. Hopefully these discussions can be productive.
they just took care of taxes last month...now he wants reform? he won't get much of anything there. maybe he will help reform spending so we don't require a 14 trillion debt ceiling.

Well, in the first order of business the newly led Republican House banned anyone in congress from letting it out that they in fact have government run health care, apparently so that the poor and dying that don't get government run health care don't feel so bad while they're dying.Also, two Carolina Representatives broke down in tears over the news that they couldn't make a law forcing Andrew Luck to enter the draft.

they just took care of taxes last month...now he wants reform? he won't get much of anything there. maybe he will help reform spending so we don't require a 14 trillion debt ceiling.
How dare Obama accomplish something and then attempt to accomplish something else. Accomplishing things is so Democratish.
What we really need is a constitutional convention with designs to re-write the constitution from the ground floor.
Pretty sure this is just a terrible, awful, very bad idea.
Pretty sure this is just a terrible, awful, very bad idea.
That's because you think they could ever get anything ratified by 2/3rd of the states.I would like them to do this just to spend the next 10 years completely ineffectual to passing any new laws on us, while they take bribe after bribe to get new things in the constitution that will never be included.
That's because you think they could ever get anything ratified by 2/3rd of the states.
Or it's because he doesn't want to throw away, say, the Bill of Rights....
Or it's because he doesn't want to throw away, say, the Bill of Rights....
Kind of late to start worrying about that.....
Republicans are off to a typically bad start by punishing babies for the actions of their parents. Oh well, it took, what, a whole two days before they started crushing our hopes that this time would be different?
But to be fair, they did tell you they were going to do that. So really, they're fulfilling a campaign promise.
But to be fair, they did tell you they were going to do that. So really, they're fulfilling a campaign promise.
Well, they really needed to since they have ALREADY reneged on several of the promises in the Contract with America. They went a whole day almost though!When the GOP signed the contract with rich Americans, they didnt have their fingers crossed of course.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110106/ap_on_...ss_gop_promisesWow, the Tea Party sure changed American politics as we know it. Suckers. The GOP just peaked too soon; Obama's odds in 2012 move higher by the day.
Well, they really needed to since they have ALREADY reneged on several of the promises in the Contract with America. They went a whole day almost though!When the GOP signed the contract with rich Americans, they didnt have their fingers crossed of course.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110106/ap_on_...ss_gop_promisesWow, the Tea Party sure changed American politics as we know it. Suckers. The GOP just peaked too soon; Obama's odds in 2012 move higher by the day.
This something I can agree with for the most part. I am not sure that peaked is the word, I think it was more that Obama plummeted to such depths that it appeared to be a peak. The public looked at the last 2 years and said these assholes need to be stopped…what other group of assholes can we put in office…kind of sad really.

I liked the story about how 2 new Republicans were busy at fundraiser's elsewhere in the White House, which is an ethical violation, while they should have been in chambers at the swearing in ceremony. So in effect, they were not sworn in and violated other laws by trying to vote, etc.. Just a cluster fu ckage.

I liked the story about how 2 new Republicans were busy at fundraiser's elsewhere in the White House, which is an ethical violation, while they should have been in chambers at the swearing in ceremony. So in effect, they were not sworn in and violated other laws by trying to vote, etc.. Just a cluster fu ckage.
Pretty sure Algore already established that the law preventing fund raising on government property with government phones is more of a suggestion than an actual rule.But it was nice of Obama to allow republicans to hold fund raisers in the White House.Unless he was just setting them up....hmmmmmmmmm

Also really glad to see that after a 2 year vacation, the press has decided to keep congress accountable for their actions.2 Days in office? Let's see what kind of dirt we can dig up...

Also really glad to see that after a 2 year vacation, the press has decided to keep congress accountable for their actions.2 Days in office? Let's see what kind of dirt we can dig up...
Yeah, it's the press' fault that the Republicans broke half of the Pledge to America in one day and exempted half of their agenda from their budget neutral pledge. And Fox News had plenty to say about congress the last two years. I am sure they will be just as tough on the new conservative House. I always forget that you think Fox News is not part of "the press".

So just a couple days in, and the left has already thrown out the first Boehner-as-Hitler poster. I'm sure all the people who objected when the Obama-as-Hitler posters came out will be equally outraged now.

So just a couple days in, and the left has already thrown out the first Boehner-as-Hitler poster. I'm sure all the people who objected when the Obama-as-Hitler posters came out will be equally outraged now.
I am.Boehner is a Dick Vermeil level cryer but he does not want to systematically kill the Jewish people while destroying Europe. I'm 96% sure.