Hey! Just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. I've been playing poker recreationally for a few years now. Mostly NL Hold 'em home games. I've dabbled a little on the internet. I consider myself an average amatuer poker player. I have a decent understanding of theory and math. I lack experience but am looking to play more. I've spent more time reading about poker than playing. I did just finish a 3 month local poker "league" at a VFW nearby. It was a great experience with some good players and generally good people (old, young, guys, ladies - a good mix). I finished 9th out of 32 (started slow but ended fairly strong) in points and 5th a final tourney (top 16 point getters) and ended up basically even for the league (paid out $270 - cashed $300). I know this is small stakes (I'm a poor man trying to support a family) but I hit my goals for it and am starting the next league next Thursday so I'm upping my goals. I've been looking for a good poker forum for some time now and this one looks friendly as well as informative.Now to scratch up some $$$ and sign up for FCP.

There is no money to be made on FCP. I think that currently there are only 15 people signed up.

There is no money to be made on FCP. I think that currently there are only 15 people signed up.
Yeah, but 13 of them are total idiots, willing to chase a gutshot for their whole stack.To the OP: don't be deceived, there are very few friendly people here.

FCP is a great forum but I left the poker room. There was 2 2/4 NL cash games, 3 $5 SNGs, about 6 LHE tables and maybe 3 micro limit cash tables. And no omaha.If your looking to get better, go to the strategy forums, alot of valuable info. Just reading thru the previous posts is good too.

Our Holographic HeartsAway, away, I bid your heart to mineThe blink of an eye, is it a blink into time??The dewdrop bedazzles a soul so sublimedThe earth and its lusts, described on a wall, we fallAnd if this walls of our minds, the bluebird of our soul, Sings a new song, will you prolong this night tonight??I can't but see, the darkness surroundsA soul reflected in the tearstained path of the one who believedIn meA sound...A whimper...A cry...You're mineTonight.

pm dna4ever with any questions you have about the forum, the poker site, or life in general. he's a great guy.
I love that a joke I started is still going strong a year later and torturing DNA to the extent it does
Not me. I'm actually quite coordinated. :club:
so was he
Our Holographic HeartsAway, away, I bid your heart to mineThe blink of an eye, is it a blink into time??The dewdrop bedazzles a soul so sublimedThe earth and its lusts, described on a wall, we fallAnd if this walls of our minds, the bluebird of our soul, Sings a new song, will you prolong this night tonight??I can't but see, the darkness surroundsA soul reflected in the tearstained path of the one who believedIn meA sound...A whimper...A cry...You're mineTonight.
I wish I could quit you. Already.
I love that a joke I started is still going strong a year later and torturing DNA to the extent it does
I love that you still want to be e-validated on a joke you made over a year ago.Lake Minnetonka.

Hello!Is it me you're looking for?I can see it in your eyesI can see it in your smileYou're all I've ever wantedAnd my arms are open wideBecause you know just what to sayAnd you know just what to doAnd I want to tell you so muchI love youLionel Richie is a pimp.Anyway, welcome to the forums. Enjoy the light flaming, I find it's good for the tan.

My understanding is that it's custumary to introduce yourself when you join a forum. I don't consider this the same as a typical "look at me" thread. :club:
It is customary at most forums, but most forums also have a section specifically for it. FCP ( or at least a number of it's members) frowns upon the introductory thread. Although, it is a good barometer to see how well you will stand up to the posting that goes on here. If you can make an introduction thread and take the flaming in stride, there is hope for you. If you act like TopDollar, TopDollarIsBack, IveyWannabe, or PerfectHuman, then we can do without ya. ( that's a general "you", not you, you)
My understanding is that it's custumary to introduce yourself when you join a forum. I don't consider this the same as a typical "look at me" thread. :club:
I'm of the understanding that when we are trying to get our house ready for sale and several things go wrong, that I can come here and pick on you, between cleaning the oven and wndows.Deal?
I'm of the understanding that when we are trying to get our house ready for sale and several things go wrong, that I can come here and pick on you, between cleaning the oven and wndows.Deal?
You can't argue with logic.
It is customary at most forums, but most forums also have a section specifically for it. FCP ( or at least a number of it's members) frowns upon the introductory thread. Although, it is a good barometer to see how well you will stand up to the posting that goes on here. If you can make an introduction thread and take the flaming in stride, there is hope for you. If you act like TopDollar, TopDollarIsBack, IveyWannabe, or PerfectHuman, then we can do without ya. ( that's a general "you", not you, you)
Got it. Thanks for the info. Flames don't bother me. Whereas I may be a poker beginner, I am a message board veteran.
Absolutely. That I can relate to as I've been trying to sell my house for 6 months now. Hope you have better luck with it than I have.
I love that you still want to be e-validated on a joke you made over a year ago.Lake Minnetonka.
I hate youbut yeah, FCP Names thread, middle of page 4 (40 posts per page)