Jump to content


Toronto Raptors Fanclub


120 replies to this topic

#41 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 8:27 PM, said:

LOL,I think the fact that you have your panties all in a bunch over some guy on the internet predicting that The Heat will win between 60-64 games in the regular season and not win any titles is far more embarrassing.
You are the one who wears panties!I think you just wish there was a reason to dedicate 5 questions to the Raptors. I really just wanted to point out how bitter this guy was. A lot of people brought up injuries, only that guy picked a specific body part that will derail the Heat.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#42 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 20,081 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 8:31 PM, said:

You are the one who wears panties!I think you just wish there was a reason to dedicate 5 questions to the Raptors. I really just wanted to point out how bitter this guy was. A lot of people brought up injuries, only that guy picked a specific body part that will derail the Heat.
Pointing out that Bosh has a bum knee doesn't make the guy bitter. You really have to stop being so defensive about your new BFF Bosh when somebody says something not so nice about him. It wouldn't surprise me at all if smart Heat followers at some point this season question whether Bosh or Haslem is the most effective big man on The Heat.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#43 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 8:37 PM, said:

Pointing out that Bosh has a bum knee doesn't make the guy bitter. You really have to stop being so defensive about your new BFF Bosh when somebody says something not so nice about him. It wouldn't surprise me at all if smart Heat followers at some point this season question whether Bosh or Haslem is the most effective big man on The Heat.
trick question; they will be most effective when playing at the same time.also, as a heat follower of some sort, I love Udonis. Great player, very gritty, super overrated this offseason. His ability to finish around the rim completely disappeared the last two years; he is at that point where the explosiveness is almost gone. His jumper is streaky and his rebounding is no better than Bosh. What he brings is defense....but I dont know if he is good enough on D to get to the point where is more effective than a proven 20/10 guy.I think you and Zarar are both underrating your former guy a lot...and as much as I love Udonis he's not the same guy he was in 2006 by a long shot. Still a lot better than most backup forwards of course and I trust him to make a big shot late in a game if the situation arises. That's why the Heat gave him 5 years even though he will be "done" in three.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#44 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

    On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

  • Members
  • 8,140 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Springfield

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:11 AM

I wish Bob had heard the segment on the LeBatard show where Stugotz was trying to argue that Bosh is better than Karl Malone. I think his head would've exploded.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#45 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:21 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Monday, August 23rd, 2010, 12:11 PM, said:

I wish Bob had heard the segment on the LeBatard show where Stugotz was trying to argue that Bosh is better than Karl Malone. I think his head would've exploded.
LOL. Of course, it is possible that Chris Bosh won't turn to jello in big moments......he has not played in any yet so we can't know.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#46 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 20,081 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:33 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, August 23rd, 2010, 12:21 PM, said:

LOL. Of course, it is possible that Chris Bosh won't turn to jello in big moments......he has not played in any yet so we can't know.
Sure he has, when the Raptors played the Vince Carter led Nets in the playoffs the year the Raptors won their division that was a huge series and he just didn't play very well at all and it wasn't like the Nets had dominant big men.He's also spit the bit in big regular season games against division rivals like Boston who did have a dominant front line.Bosh has skills, a high basketball IQ isn't one of them and it shows the most in big games.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#47 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Monday, August 23rd, 2010, 12:33 PM, said:

Sure he has, when the Raptors played the Vince Carter led Nets in the playoffs the year the Raptors won their division that was a huge series and he just didn't play very well at all and it wasn't like the Nets had dominant big men.He's also spit the bit in big regular season games against division rivals like Boston who did have a dominant front line.Bosh has skills, a high basketball IQ isn't one of them and it shows the most in big games.
A 3 v 6 first round Eastern Conference series does not count as a pressure packed moment, sorry. And it will be much, much different not having to carry the load on a team full of guys making their first even playoffs appearance.Nobody with a brain really thinks Bosh is in Malone's league.....but the Heat only need him to be Horace Grant. That's a much lower bar.Also, as an aside, I won $400 on Game 1 of the Raptors/Nets series.....the new to the playoffs team always loses to the veterans in game 1. I also thought of that team as the Jason Kidd led Nets.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#48 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 12,564 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

Calderon is out for 4weeks. guess this makes getting rid of him harder, since he's already got a rep for being brittle.

#49 fleung22

fleung22

    PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

  • Members
  • 7,006 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver-->Toronto-->Macau

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Tuesday, August 24th, 2010, 1:04 AM, said:

Calderon is out for 4weeks. guess this makes getting rid of him harder, since he's already got a rep for being brittle.
draft lottery here we go!


#50 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

View Postfleung22, on Tuesday, August 24th, 2010, 3:38 PM, said:

draft lottery here we go!
Yeah, that was the straw that pushed the camel into the lottery.....
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#51 outsider13

outsider13

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,132 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Tuesday, August 24th, 2010, 3:42 PM, said:

Yeah, that was the straw that pushed the camel into the lottery.....
lol. His injury was inevitable anyways.

#52 fleung22

fleung22

    PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

  • Members
  • 7,006 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver-->Toronto-->Macau

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:26 AM

Raps blowout Suns by 50+ Prepare the parade!! :club:


#53 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 12,564 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:03 AM

Bob,How bad is it? I havent had much chances to watch. Would like an honest+informed opinion.Thanks

#54 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 20,081 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:34 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Friday, November 12th, 2010, 11:03 AM, said:

Bob,How bad is it? I havent had much chances to watch. Would like an honest+informed opinion.Thanks
Their start has been a little worse than I expected but not much. The Raptors are one of the many not very good teams in the East and I thought before the season started that they'd win between 25-35 games and I still think that.They're trying and seem to still have a good attitude but for teams like the Raptors to win everything has to go right and they can't lapse. So far they've let a few things lapse and are a bit banged up which combined with a really tough early season schedule means they aren't winning.The biggest problem I think they have is that they don't have anybody who can break down the opposition off the dribble at the end of a close game when you need to get important points. They have a lot of athletic guys who can get out and run but when the game gets close in the half court they really struggle.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#55 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 12,564 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:03 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Friday, November 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM, said:

Their start has been a little worse than I expected but not much. The Raptors are one of the many not very good teams in the East and I thought before the season started that they'd win between 25-35 games and I still think that.They're trying and seem to still have a good attitude but for teams like the Raptors to win everything has to go right and they can't lapse. So far they've let a few things lapse and are a bit banged up which combined with a really tough early season schedule means they aren't winning.The biggest problem I think they have is that they don't have anybody who can break down the opposition off the dribble at the end of a close game when you need to get important points. They have a lot of athletic guys who can get out and run but when the game gets close in the half court they really struggle.
Can DeRozan become that guy?Hows Bargnani looking? Any better?

#56 outsider13

outsider13

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,132 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:38 AM

In my opinion, they aren't going to get any better with Reggie Evans starting. I think Amir Johnson plays that position WAY better. Evans is a good rebounder, but it ends there. At least Amir can score the odd layup.That, and Sonny Weems needs to play more. The guy is probably their best dribble penetrator. His jump shot is fairly streaky, but he's getting a lot better. There was a point at the end of last season where I thought he was their best player. He has the potential to be really good if he got consistent minutes.I'm going to my first Raptors game next Friday. I'm pretty pumped.

#57 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 20,081 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Friday, November 12th, 2010, 12:03 PM, said:

Can DeRozan become that guy?Hows Bargnani looking? Any better?
DeRozan isn't a very good ball handler yet and that's holding back his dribble penetration.Bargnani has added more of an inside game to his offense but he still runs out of gas late in games and is a poor rebounder and help defender. He does have offensive skills that are pretty unique on a mobile 7 footer.

View Postoutsider13, on Friday, November 12th, 2010, 1:38 PM, said:

In my opinion, they aren't going to get any better with Reggie Evans starting. I think Amir Johnson plays that position WAY better. Evans is a good rebounder, but it ends there. At least Amir can score the odd layup.That, and Sonny Weems needs to play more. The guy is probably their best dribble penetrator. His jump shot is fairly streaky, but he's getting a lot better. There was a point at the end of last season where I thought he was their best player. He has the potential to be really good if he got consistent minutes.I'm going to my first Raptors game next Friday. I'm pretty pumped.
Reggie is horrible at everything a basketball player needs to be able to do except for rebound. Amir is a far better player but he is just so foul prone. Last night against Orlando he was playing great but only for 16 minutes of floor time since he fouled out. I'm hoping once Ed Davis is healthy that Reggie's minutes are taken way back or that they can trade him to somebody since he does have an expiring contract.I think Sonny has a chance to be a pretty good player. He needs to work on his offensive decision making, he can hoist up some shots too quickly but overall I like his game a lot.That's the Rockets game right ?I should be at that one too.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#58 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:55 PM

Bargnani was intriguing Saturday night. Raps play no defense though.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#59 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 20,081 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Sunday, November 14th, 2010, 4:55 PM, said:

Bargnani was intriguing Saturday night. Raps play no defense though.
Barney can look great for stretches on offense especially early in games but he seems to run out of gas at the end of the game and his performance on the second half of back to backs is usually much worse. I thought he had a pretty poor game against The Heat.There's nobody on the Raptors who'll make you think of Bill Russell on defense that's for sure. Nipsey Russell playing defense maybe.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#60 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Sunday, November 14th, 2010, 8:10 PM, said:

I thought he had a pretty poor game against The Heat.
oh he had a bad game but he can hit tough shots and do some things. only guy on their team who can at this point.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users